There's a very good possibility Kayla Harrison will be a bust

she probably hasn’t fought anywhere close to 135 since she was a child. That will be the biggest factor not whether she’s good enough. She’s not that great, but the talent level at 135 is at an all time low, so I don’t see her struggling with anyone’s style.

I think she's gonna eat, at least against Holly, probably against all comers. Pacheco would be favored over most of UFC BW/FW, and homegirl already beat her twice. A loss is a loss, but Pacheco isn't exactly a bad loss. Kayla is fucking strong, she will still be strong at 135, and she's a different kind of grappler than Ronda. I think it's more of the same for her, and think she was better off fighting Cyborg. Cyborg is a better name than anyone the UFC can offer, huge feather of a win on Kayla's record. Potentially devastating decapitation, for sure, but potentially career defining win.
It's disappointing she left without fighting Cyborg. I would say the Holly fight and maybe all other fights in the UFC are easier than the Cyborg fight.

Should've signed Cyborg.

Would've been fun watching her beat down UFC's loud mouthed wannabe thots.

Baby Brock Harrison lost to Pacheco for crying out loud.

If Holly gets taken down she ain't getting up. That's all i know

PFL rules didnt help her. With elbows she will be much more violent. Now the weight cut is a problem
If Glieson Tibeau can make 155lbs consistently than every woman on this planet other than Gabi Garcia should be able to make 135 with all the resources available to Harrison.

She just needs to avoid Holm's forehead pushing on her chest against the cage.

Female, Judo, over 170 lbs. Are you under the impression there's a lot of talent there?

Lol. Bro we get you don't follow Judo and it sounds like you're not a fan of Harrison and that's perfectly OK. But you need to find something other than her Judo credentials to shit on, because those are fucking impeccable. Judo is a massive international sport with a deep talent pool and 182 countries registered with the IJF for Olympic participation. Total participation rivals wrestling worldwide and might even be bigger. And many governments particularly in eastern Europe and Asia (which also produce great wrestlers) pump big money into the sport. Unlike the U.S. where medaling in Judo gets you living in a van down by the river, winning an Olympic medal in those countries gets you set for life. So there's a deep ass talent pool worldwide for both women and men in every weight class. Comparing the talent pool for women's Judo <172 lbs to the WMMA talent pool in any weight, any org is somewhere between asinine and WTF.

And Kayla is a 2 x Olympic Judo gold medalist which is absolutely insane. Only 14 people have done that, man or woman in any weight class since Judo became an Olympic sport in 1964. To say she's an A-level athlete would be the understatement of the century. While that doesn't guarantee elite success in MMA, it's hard to find a more elite pedigree in combat sports.

Lol. Bro we get you don't follow Judo and it sounds like you're not a fan of Harrison and that's perfectly OK. But you need to find something other than her Judo credentials to shit on, because those are fucking impeccable.
That's not true at all. You're making assumptions. I like Kayla, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna ignore reality. She has been fighting smaller opponents. That's just objectively true, regardless of how you feel about her. Her greatest adversary is a former bantamweight who got cut from the UFC.

Judo is a massive international sport with a deep talent pool and 182 countries registered with the IJF for Olympic participation. Total participation rivals wrestling worldwide and might even be bigger. And many governments particularly in eastern Europe and Asia (which also produce great wrestlers) pump big money into the sport. Unlike the U.S. where medaling in Judo gets you living in a van down by the river, winning an Olympic medal in those countries gets you set for life. So there's a deep ass talent pool worldwide for both women and men in every weight class. Comparing the talent pool for women's Judo <172 lbs to the WMMA talent pool in any weight, any org is somewhere between asinine and WTF.

No. Absolutely not. 172 is shit compared to the lighter weight classes for obvious reasons. This holds true across all martial arts.

And Kayla is a 2 x Olympic Judo gold medalist which is absolutely insane. Only 14 people have done that, man or woman in any weight class since Judo became an Olympic sport in 1964. To say she's an A-level athlete would be the understatement of the century. While that doesn't guarantee elite success in MMA, it's hard to find a more elite pedigree in combat sports.

Impressive no doubt. But its still the reality that she completed in a weaker talent pool than both men's Judo and the lighter female weight classes.

If she's cutting down to 135, she's not going to have the strength advantage that she did in the PFL where they held tournaments exclusively to showcase her against featherweights and bantamweights. You can be a Kayla fan and acknowledge that.

I'm a Kayla fan and thought she looked pretty good in the PFL but her losing handily to Larissa Pacheco of all people makes me question her UFC run.

Holly probably won't be much of a litmus test. She's 42 years, trades wins and losses and doesn't have anything off her back. I like Holly but her scared style of fighting and pillow fists aren't going to be much of an issue for Kayla. If she can't beat Holly, she won't go far.

Kayla looks like Lou Ferrigno with a blond wig.
I think she cleans up very well. There's only so much you can do with those Viking genes though:

maxresdefault.jpg

I know she's an Olympian but her accomplishments in Judo were in an very weak division. And her MMA competition has been against smaller girls fighting up to accommodate her.

Women's bantamweight isn't a good division by any means but it's better than the one she's been competing in by a significant margin. And if she's actually getting into shape to make 135 she's giving up that size advantage. Holly knows how to deal with judo and has a much improved clinch game since she fought Ronda. Even at 42, she's a dangerous matchup.

One thing Kayla has over Ronda is defensively she is much better. I doubt she runs into a headkick. But her striking is still pretty rudimentary.
She’s just a jacked white girl; get over it.

Back