There will never be another Fedor

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Forget about the GOAT debate which is rightfully belongs to Fedor, if you poll it on Sherdog, he wins, if you poll it with fighters, he wins, if you poll it in brazil, he wins and so on.

One thing about Fedor that will never be replicated is that he literally embodies his country and his martial arts. I mean, he's stoic, calm, cold blooded, religious, nationalist, kinda sexist in a traditional way, vodka loving Russian, who if you look at his sambo matches before he got old and careful after losing three in row, he had very strike-to-throw style that he implemented very well in MMA in his combat sambo matches.

I mean, who else is there who really can say that they represent their country as one of their citizens so well, I mean by that not necessarily by their success but by their personality and demeanor, and also the maritial arts style that he represents?

Maybe Don Frye for USA, loud, brash, confident, gun loving, beer loving, representing the good old united states of america martial arts, wrassling.

gsp_canada-1040x572.jpg

Not even close. Maybe Canadian part, yeah, but not the martial arts part, unless you wanna argue BJJ or kyokushin karate is well represented by GSP lmao

Sure . If another lady has a baby and names him fedor then we certainly will. As far as the fighter , probably not . Cain Velasquez was the closest we had to him but he was 1 dimensional and had a very meh career due to inactivity, injuries ,strength and variety of competition.

Agreed. GSP was a far better representative of the beauty, respect and honor than Fedor.
GSP never had ties to shady and dangerous politicians. Who your friends are shows judgement.

Another knobslobbery thread about Fedor from JustOnce . . .

wh7a_T.gif

That’s good though a sport only needs one mega overrated fighter.

Agreed. GSP was a far better representative of the beauty, respect and honor than Fedor.
GSP never had ties to shady and dangerous politicians. Who your friends are shows judgement.

IDmBsET.gif

OH REALLY

There's another Sambo gold medalist out there on a 10 year unbeaten streak
index.jpg

Back