There were 3 boxers with a Mensa IQ

You need a 132 iq for Mensa.

That's not that special. Elementary school teachers are generally around 120.

Big fuckin whoop

You need a 132 iq for Mensa.

That's not that special. Elementary school teachers are generally around 120.

Big fuckin whoop
used to be 140, and i doubt if teachers have an average 120 iq. either way, if you're like me, you really don't put too much into things like that.

used to be 140, and i doubt if teachers have an average 120 iq. either way, if you're like me, you really don't put too much into things like that.
I thought i read somewhere that teachers were like 120 but maybe not...

There are 8 or 9 types of intelligences. Its sort of impossible to boil it down to one number imo.

Boxers for example would have genius level spatial iqs most likely

I was talking about this with someone else on a different forum.

There’s so much BS in the media with regards to CTE and Neuroscience in general.

It’s not just boxers, football players, there’s an MMA fighter called Aaron Pico who is a member and there are hockey enforcers as well.

So many people think being a contact sports athlete will guarantee you are a dumbass and it’s simply not true.

There are lots of dumbasses with high iq

Projecting
This makes no sense. I work in environmental engineering, interacting with high IQ CIHs on an hourly basis, they all know their work shit but some of them are straight up dumbasses beyond that

This makes no sense. I work in environmental engineering, interacting with high IQ CIHs on an hourly basis, they all know their work shit but some of them are straight up dumbasses beyond that
So...they probably don't actually have high iqs?

ohxkodcu.jpg

Nicky Piper! That's a name I haven't heard in over 30 years...

Nah more like people with high IQ can be book smart and still be dumbasses. If a guy in mensa had 3 DUIs would you consider him a dumbass?
No I'd consider him an alcoholic

I was talking about this with someone else on a different forum.

There’s so much BS in the media with regards to CTE and Neuroscience in general.

It’s not just boxers, football players, there’s an MMA fighter called Aaron Pico who is a member and there are hockey enforcers as well.

So many people think being a contact sports athlete will guarantee you are a dumbass and it’s simply not true.

Where did you read Pico is in mensa?

So...they probably don't actually have high iqs?

View attachment 728385
i know what he's talking about completely. I have customers who are lawyers, one is a stanford graduate and I heard his wife chide him for doing stupid "with an iq like yours". this same man has trouble screwing in a screw straight. Far from stupid, far from it. We all should be humble because we're all stupid in something or other.

If you think geniuses aren't susceptible to drug and alcohol abuse then you seriously don't even have 9th grade level understanding of human psychology

I thought i read somewhere that teachers were like 120 but maybe not...

There are 8 or 9 types of intelligences. Its sort of impossible to boil it down to one number imo.

Boxers for example would have genius level spatial iqs most likely
that whole way of thinking, hopefully will go the way of the dodo someday. but you're right, Ali had an iq of 78 yet he was the smartest man in every way in the ring, you don't accomplish what he did in the ring with a jab, a decent right cross and slapping combinations without a lot of other things working for you and aside from his legs and athletic gifts, no one was smarter as far as strategy, smarter or...., creative. and then we could make a whole different discussion on his brains, lack of brains, morals, lack of them, outside of the ring. iq means little to me, never had mine done and doubt i'd do well on it and it wouldn't change anything no matter how i'd score on it. But, guys like jordan peterson swear by their usefulness to classify people.

If you think geniuses aren't susceptible to drug and alcohol abuse then you seriously don't even have 9th grade level understanding of human psychology
they are but in my opinion, anyone who screws around with those things is stupid, don't care what their iq is. I've seen too many people ruin their own and a lot of other lives. you don't have to be smart to avoid the shit. so,,,,it's something other than smart i would guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back