• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

There can only be 1 GOAT and it's based on 1 fact

Shogun lost his knee, we all got robbed of his career so I don't wanna go there with that comparison. Fedor got a chance to accomplish everything he could, shogun quite frankly didn't.

Fedor is amazing man he really is, if a heavyweight like him came along right now he would absolutely kill it, I couldn't imagine fedor with a modern day MMA gym/training routine. I just can't give him the title of GOAT after everything we have seen. Although my boy Anderson got put to sleep snapped his leg and then started juicing so what the hell do I know lol.

Although my boy Anderson got put to sleep snapped his leg and then started juicing

I like AS and enjoyed his career immensely but that parts delusional. Most likely he was juicing his whole career esp when you see where he came up. Definitely once he stepped up a devision though.

Lol no, what is a baseless claim though is that Fedor is the consensus GOAT.
He wins every GOAT poll, among fans and fighters alike. Granted, I haven't seen every poll ever taken. But it would constitute a consensus IMO. Your claim, OTOH, has no objective support whatsoever.

TS wasnt specific enough. He means who would be the biggest favorite on average against a random opponent. Which means Fedor would not have to be the favorite in every single match up to be the best. Otherwise TS is right.

Who would be the betting favorite between primeFedor vs primeJones, or primeFedor vs any other fighter based on their prime years. Based on what people who are in the mma industry have said publicly, it's Fedor.

Conor beat the arguable p4p GOAT Aldo in 13 seconds and completely destroyed Eddie in 2 rounds. It's the most amazing feat we've ever seen. He is the GOAT
FW<LW<WW<MW<LHW<HW is the whole point of this thread.

Goat is about career achievements. no issue considering fedor a potential goat.. but hes not the best fighter of all time.
And that's why Bill Russell is still the GOAT. Or why people still try to claim Jordan is better than LeBron.

Lol no, what is a baseless claim though is that Fedor is the consensus GOAT.
Considering that Tim Sylvia is still the UFC HW GOAT and Fedor was significantly better, Fedor is the GOAT HW. Since HW is the GOAT weight class, Fedor is the GOAT.

FW<LW<WW<MW<LHW<HW is the whole point of this thread.

And that's why Bill Russell is still the GOAT. Or why people still try to claim Jordan is better than LeBron.

Considering that Tim Sylvia is still the UFC HW GOAT and Fedor was significantly better, Fedor is the GOAT HW. Since HW is the GOAT weight class, Fedor is the GOAT.
Any weight class that includes guys who are too fat to run a lap around a track as top 10 DOES NOT COUNT

But prime Fedor will ruin Kerr even with supplements allowed

Added Kerr for debate sake as it's my own personal opinion Kerr was the epitome of a supplement enhanced fighter.

Prove jones used peds?
Show me the USADA test fedor passed. PLEASE
Jones tested positive for banned substances several times, and received multiple bans for it. It's a matter of public knowledge that Jones was/is using PED's at this point.

As far as Fedor, I have no idea if he was using or not. I suspect that he wasn't, given several factors, but I don't pretend to know either way. It's irrelevant anyway. The onus is with the one accusing him of using; not the other way around.

Jon Jones destroys any version of Fedor and would be a big betting favorite against him
Jones wouldn't be a betting favorite against any top five hw today. Let alone against prime Fedor.

Jones tested positive for banned substances several times, and received multiple bans for it. It's a matter of public knowledge that Jones was/is using PED's at this point.

As far as Fedor, I have no idea if he was using or not. I suspect that he wasn't, given several factors, but I don't pretend to know either way. It's irrelevant anyway. The onus is with the one accusing him of using; not the other way around.
He was never tested. He dosent count.

He was never tested. He dosent count.
1. He was tested, in several different mma orgs. IIRC, he was consistently tested in Sambo throughout his entire career as well.
2. Irrelevant. It's not his job to show up to random haters house with clean samples to prove he's clean. If you think he using, provide sound evidence that suggests he was.

Jon Jones would probably beat Fedor in the octagon with elbows allowed. Fedor beats any other one though

You can't make sense of the GOAT question until you have a working and agreed upon conceptualization of the measurement that encompasses GOATness (or whatever you want to call the variable).

Usually in sports, athletes aren't judged in a vacuum, but rather as a function of the degree of dominance they exhibited against their peers in-era. That's why Babe Ruth is the GOAT baseball player despite the fact that he would be overwhelmed by modern pitching, or Jesse Owens is considered a great sprinter even though plenty of HS kids could beat his time in 2017.

The other major issue that pops up is comparing unlike terms. In this case, fighters whose careers aren't over yet vs. active fighters. That's especially a problem if you are comparing winning percentages or bad losses.

But the question is meaningless (literally) until people agree on how to *measure* the construct.

You can't make sense of the GOAT question until you have a working and agreed upon conceptualization of the measurement that encompasses GOATness (or whatever you want to call the variable).

Usually in sports, athletes aren't judged in a vacuum, but rather as a function of the degree of dominance they exhibited against their peers in-era. That's why Babe Ruth is the GOAT baseball player despite the fact that he would be overwhelmed by modern pitching, or Jesse Owens is considered a great sprinter even though plenty of HS kids could beat his time in 2017.

The other major issue that pops up is comparing unlike terms. In this case, fighters whose careers aren't over yet vs. active fighters. That's especially a problem if you are comparing winning percentages or bad losses.

But the question is meaningless (literally) until people agree on how to *measure* the construct.
tenor.gif

1. He was tested, in several different mma orgs. IIRC, he was consistently tested in Sambo throughout his entire career as well.
2. Irrelevant. It's not his job to show up to random haters house with clean samples to prove he's clean. If you think he using, provide sound evidence that suggests he was.
Russia has a history of hiding tests. Jones is still innocent

Fedor isn't the goat
Fedor isn't the goat
Fedor isn't the goat
Fedor isn't the goat
Fedor isn't the goat
Fedor isn't the goat
Fedor isn't the goat
Fedor isn't the goat

He wins every GOAT poll, among fans and fighters alike. Granted, I haven't seen every poll ever taken. But it would constitute a consensus IMO. Your claim, OTOH, has no objective support whatsoever.
lol yeah, every poll on Sherdog, where 90% of the posters are retarded.

hahahaha, Fedor fanatic mental gymnastics at its finest.

Back