• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Jon Jones was able to dominate multiple generations at LHW"

he also fought in the most stacked division
the hardest division

no one can surpass his resume not in this lifetime
his name will be rememberd for a long time
people in the future will laugh at naive people right now
for being too naive that their favorite fighters are clean

It's more impressive to dominate multiple weightclasses like Silva

WW MW LHW

This is the same kind of crap people used say about Fedor

",He lost to Arona, never fought anyone good, grabbed the ropes against Lindland" blah blah blah

You think youre being clever and making all these great points, but really you just sound like a dumbass hater.

I've never really liked Jon Jones, infact I've always rooted for him to lose.. but his career has been stellar.

And he did beat multiple generations of LHWs. He beat the old guard in Shogun/Rampage/Belfort

And then he beat the new guard of Evans/Machida/Gus/ whoever else.

They might not have been younger than him, but that's what happens when someone is the youngest champion. He won the belt at 21 years old.. there weren't ranked fighters his age to fight. If he fought people his own age we would be sitting here talking about why he was fighting nobodies.
theres a statistic posted here that the average age for prime LHWS
was 32
jones beat fighters with the average age of 29-32 years old
their opinion doesnt really matter
what matters is the facts that they cant accept

For the actual LHWs (size, frame and height) like Pereira, Jiri, Rakic, Jan, could both agree that Rashad, Belfort, Bonnar, Bader are smaller than them? Shorter, less muscle mass. Yes, I know Vitor was huge at HW, but he also fought at MW. He has the height of a current WW and at LHW wasn't big, compared with many current LHWs.

It's not cherry picking.
Some guys just profited by this transition of fighters getting bigger and bigger.
Same for GSP at WW or Conor at FW.
6'3", 80-inch reach "no muscle mass" Stefan Bonnar

1718547662641.png

Who were the upcoming LHW that were winning fights in the division that Jones did not fight?

Two generations of LHWs, actually
One of small LHWs who were also MWs or could have been MWs

And a bigger generation of LHWs... Gus, Santos, Smith, Glover, others... the guys who are actually 6.3 feet. DC is an exception.

But I wouldn't say he dominated this generation since he clearly lost to Reyes and his wins vs Gus and Santos could have easily been draws or either way.

But indeed, he dominated the small generation, those guys looked like Jones' smaller younger brothers.... Machinda, Rashad etc...

Michel Pereira has more muscle mass than Shogun
And many other examples
Today's fighters are just much bigger.

Frankie was small at BW
Spot on
I've only seen him fight somebody his own size like three times

You can't be pound 4 pound king when you're literally bigger than 90% of your opponents AND you're on steroids

I've heard Sonnen say this alongside others, when in fact Jones is 1-1 against people his age or younger than him, he lost to Reyes and beat Smith, all of his other LHW opponents are older than him in age

Officially he didn't lose to Reyes. Unofficially he didn't either.

Everyone is wank if you bend to your own personal narrative.

Back