The woman official frantically telling Diego Rivas to calm down after his win

Ahh yes... those bygone respectful days of MMA...

tank_matua_bigjohn.gif
I dont think anyone ever confused Tank with being a martial artist. He was a bar fight guy and his level of disrespect to competition showed it.

But if that's what you're into....

My gf asked the same thing I didn't even notice

I guess noone remembers the days when when a fighter would get on his knees until the other fighter got to his feet as a show of respect. But respect left mma a long time ago.

I personally can't stand guys going all crazy after a win like that. Didn't even walk back over and check on the dude for fucks sake. This isn't a streetfight. I found it to be pretty distasteful.
He didnt check on the guy because he was out cold still. Why get in the way of the people are professionally trained to make sure that fighter was okay. Let the guy fucken celebrate, it's not like he was standing over the guy celebrating. It's an emotional sport and I have no issue with someone celebrating a victory. Like I said, he wasn't rubbing the victory in his opponents face.

How so?

The guy was toyed with on the ground in the first, Noad got careless and shot a poor TD on the back leg and ran into a knee.

Rivas was overly celebrating because he didn't even expect to win lol.

Just calling it like I see it

Toyed with? Didn't seem to take much damage, and he came into the 2nd with plenty of spring in his step ;)
Not to mention that was a world champion grappler he was dealing with, who already shut down other great grapplers in the UFC.

What I meant was that the UFC is usually very reluctant to let go the first successful fighter from a new nation, especially when they produce highlight reels. When did you last see a Chilean in the octagon?
So your assessment that he's likely to be gone soon because he only survived against such a competent grappler made your post clueless.

What was that about? It was really pissing me off.
Let the man celebrate!

Thats her job and he was going overboard...at one point he looked liked he was gonna stomp on the guys head.
That guy needs to chill fight is over and no your not the king of the world.

I personally can't stand guys going all crazy after a win like that. Didn't even walk back over and check on the dude for fucks sake. This isn't a streetfight. I found it to be pretty distasteful.
There was a point where he wanted to go check on his opponent, but crazy woman was stopping him.

What was that about? It was really pissing me off.
Let the man celebrate!
I'm glad someone made a thread about this. I was really pissed at that. She was guiding him around the cage the whole damn time and she even took him to the wrong side of the cage when he had to leave. His coaches weren't even allowed into the cage it seemed like and he didn't get a post fight picture with them, like every other winner does.

The whole thing kinda upset me. Let the fucking guy celebrate his AMAZING come from behind win. After being down with possibly a 10-8 round in the first, he KO'd his opponent within seconds of the beginning of the second round. No shit he's going to be ecstatic.

Dude wasn't expecting to win, which is why he went ecstatic after Lahat dove face first into Rivas knee.

Still think it was very classless but the dude will probably be out of the UFC by next year so whatever.

Lucky win
Lucky my ass. He had very good submission defense and was able to get out of every position Lahat put him in. Even by the end of the first round he was able to get back to his feet and secure his own takedown, but he got reversed. So he knew Lahat didn't want to strike with him and was going to try more of the same in round 2. Kind of like he figured Lahat would shoot on him immediately huh? You don't know what luck is.

Last edited:
Thats her job and he was going overboard...at one point he looked liked he was gonna stomp on the guys head.
That guy needs to chill fight is over and no your not the king of the world.
Agree. Like he never won a fight in his life...

Missed it, and I saw it twice!

I missed it live. Considering there are 34 posts already, and not a single gif or even a pic...

Fucking thread failure.

I dont think anyone ever confused Tank with being a martial artist. He was a bar fight guy and his level of disrespect to competition showed it.

But if that's what you're into....

Just a heads up, Tank gave an interview to clear up that moment, he said he wasn't mocking his opponent but instead he was mocking Big John for the way he pulled him off and stopped the fight...as fans we always assumed Tank was mocking Matua

Now I know that celebrate SECONDS after your amazing flying knee win, it's disrespectful.

Lahat was almost dead, but that's not something you can notice just after defeat him.

The winner can't predict how much time his opponent would be down to select the proper celebration type so some :eek::eek::eek:s on sherdog will be happy and consider it appropriate

Just saying it was a remarkable effort by her to contain him, compared to anyone else who I've ever seen win/celebrate in the UFC. She was basically herding him into a corner and asking him to remain motionless. It was really weird.

It also went for about over a minute to the people crying about no gif.

I'm glad someone made a thread about this. I was really pissed at that. She was guiding him around the cage the whole damn time and she even took him to the wrong side of the cage when he had to leave. His coaches weren't even allowed into the cage it seemed like and he didn't get a post fight picture with them, like every other winner does.

The whole thing kinda upset me. Let the fucking guy celebrate his AMAZING come from behind win. After being down with possibly a 10-8 round in the first, he KO'd his opponent within seconds of the beginning of the second round. No shit he's going to be ecstatic.

Oy vey! Maybe the Anti Defamation League was trying to put the kibosh on his gloating over a downed chosen person.

But for real, it was pretty weird that she was trying to herd him around the cage. Dude's a grown man and not hurting anyone with his excitement so hands off the merchandise.

Dude wasn't expecting to win, which is why he went ecstatic after Lahat dove face first into Rivas knee.

Still think it was very classless but the dude will probably be out of the UFC by next year so whatever.

Lucky win
lol. lost some cash on Lahat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back