Television THE WITCHER TV Series (Season 3 Premieres June 29, 2023)

If you have seen THE WITCHER season one, how would you rate the first season?

• Total voters
It’s a legit dumpster fire
It's so awful. Everyone involved in this trash, especially the execs who allowed this to go on, need to be blacklisted from the medium.

I have Netflix for my mom, but I pirated the first couple of episodes just so I wouldn't give them my viewership. I didn't even make it to ep 2.

It really sucks that so many hard working people behind the scenes are out of work with the strike, along with any decent writers, but there needs to be a house cleaning. I don't mind some mediocrity, so long as I see an honest effort, but all the soulless woke trash out there serves no one.

Was excited to watch the 3 series
Dumpster fire as someone aptly called it.
Wont be watching the rest of the series

On my first watch of part of S3 part1 i gotta admit i have no fucking clue whats going on.

https://www.cbr.com/witcher-anya-chalotra-yennefer-casting/

From the article.
"In the book, [Yennefer's] described as the most beautiful woman in the world. This was a few years ago and I'd like to think things have changed. But when you think about people's unconscious bias -- especially in the fantasy world, it felt like these worlds were predominantly white. And I remember saying, 'I feel like we need to challenge what people think of as the standard of beauty. And having a woman of color in this role does incredibly powerful things to the people watching.'"

Season 3 breakdown and summary from one of my favorite lord of the rings/game of thrones youtubers literally has better writing and storytelling than those 5 episodes did

watching ep6 and honestly not sure what the plot is anymore or what is happenning... Need to think about the game to get some oversight on whats happening.
So bad...

From the article.
"In the book, [Yennefer's] described as the most beautiful woman in the world. This was a few years ago and I'd like to think things have changed. But when you think about people's unconscious bias -- especially in the fantasy world, it felt like these worlds were predominantly white. And I remember saying, 'I feel like we need to challenge what people think of as the standard of beauty. And having a woman of color in this role does incredibly powerful things to the people watching.'"
we cast a lightly tan gorgeous woman. HOW ABOUT US CHALLENGING STANDARDS EH?

these people are dogshit.

Problem for me it had been so long since I watched season 1 and 2 that I can't remember who half these people are or why they are important. It's just a bunch of people hiding in the dark and arguing. I'm only 2 episodes in but will probably just fast foward to the fight scenes with Geralt.

Problem for me it had been so long since I watched season 1 and 2 that I can't remember who half these people are or why they are important. It's just a bunch of people hiding in the dark and arguing. I'm only 2 episodes in but will probably just fast foward to the fight scenes with Geralt.
They are few and far between.

From the article.

I am so sick of female activists in entertainment ruining everything.

Yennefer in the games, accurately adapted from the books -

100354-1455086905.jpg

Yennefer in the Netflix, because the subscriptions in India were down -

a4a573ef0266c53f355743b1215dce5b.jpg

I am so sick of female activists in entertainment ruining everything.

Yennefer in the games, accurately adapted from the books -

100354-1455086905.jpg

Yennefer in the Netflix, because the subscriptions in India were down -

a4a573ef0266c53f355743b1215dce5b.jpg
The WB casted Janet Montgomery for Salem and she is 100% a better fit for Yennifer than that Hapsburg jawed mistake

The WB casted Janet Montgomery for Salem and she is 100% a better fit for Yennifer than that Hapsburg jawed mistake

Wholeheartedly agree.

I remember that show, it started off great but as it went on it relied too heavily on shock value with material related to witchcraft & satanism before it was cancelled. Seemed like they had notice to end the show in three episodes.

She was a solid actress.

I had to finish this for Henry but holy fuck

I am personally insulted & appalled by what this show has become. It’s straight up unwatchable. I cannot fucking wrap my head around how this even got made.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so pissed off watching a show in my life.

I’m done. I’m officially pretending this never happened.

I am personally insulted & appalled by what this show has become. It’s straight up unwatchable. I cannot fucking wrap my head around how this even got made.

I really don’t think I’ll finish the season to be honest.

I don’t want to be pissed off even more than I already am with the show.

I tried 5 minutes of part 2 thinking Radovid just had to do a 180 and reveal himself as a merciless genocidal tyrant.

But no, he's still whinging with Dandelion.

I got through Iron Fist and Luke Cage, and I don't think I can finish this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back