The War Room Lounge v.8: Conor was Framed by the Deep State Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited my post to explain but looks like you quoted this already.

It's MMA, wrestling alone won't get you far if your opponent doesn't respect your striking and has reasonably good TDD and moves well (which Conor does). Greg should have said he wanted to see Conor fight a good with good wrestling and striking that is to be respected. That means Khabib, Fergy, etc..

And 155 is a better weight class for Conor, so let's not pretend like he moved up to fight guys bigger than him (as is often implied by that statement).

BTW, this post may sound like I'm shitting on EA, which I'm not. He's a good fighter. But he had absolutely nothing for McGregor standing up and a bad game plan.
No offense, but again, so what? I never said Eddie had a good game plan.

Also, LOL @ your analysis. Eddie is a much better striker than Khabib. Much better.

Ferguson is better too(at striking), but he's not a better wrestler than Eddie.

When Dana isn't yelling is when you can really tell he's actually pissed.

I used to think Mayorga was the worst scumbag the fight game had seen at a high level.... that changed.

This is a completely disingenuous reading of what I've said. Really fucking pathetic. I don't remember you being a liar before, Lecter.
LOL

I’m not lecter but I’m flattered. lecter ain’t banned he just chose to stop posting here.

No offense, but again, so what? I never said Eddie had a good game plan.

Are you feeling ok today? We want to see how Conor responds to really good wrestling/ground game. You brought up Eddie, but if Eddie had a bad game plan and didn't utilize his wrestling it doesn't answer the question, does it?

Also, LOL @ your analysis. Eddie is a much better striker than Khabib. Much better.

In other words, no offense but I'll laugh at what you said. Cool. Did you notice I didn't compare him to Khabib in that post though? Oops.

And I agree (so maybe a less assholish tone would work better), but Khabib is far more terrifying on the ground (he's on another level) so it works in reverse for him (his standup is made more effective). And he hits hard so you can't totally disrespect him. I think Khabib's standup is not very high level, but his ground game is off the charts. I think he would beat Eddie's ass.

Ferguson is better too(at striking), but he's not a better wrestler than Eddie.

Ferguson is just incredibly awkward quite frankly and just keeps coming at you. Not sure why the comparison to Eddie though since we are talking about a potential matchup against Conor and he never fought him. Seems like you completely missed what we were talking about.

Greg should have said he wanted to see Conor fight a good with good wrestling and striking that is to be respected. That means Khabib, Fergy, etc..

In other words, no offense but I'll laugh at what you said. Cool. Did you notice I didn't compare him to Khabib in that post though? Oops.
<puh-lease75>

I’m still pretty surprised anyone got hurt. Did this bus company seriously not use tempered glass for the windows?

Anyone ever hear of someone being cut by tempered glass breaking in an automotive situation?

I worked in auto casualty investigations for an insurance company for two years (we insured bus companies that had many accidents I investigated) and never once heard of such a thing happening so I’m just baffled.

I’m still pretty surprised anyone got hurt. Did this bus company seriously not use tempered glass for the windows?

Anyone ever hear of someone being cut by tempered glass breaking in an automotive situation?

I worked in auto casualty investigations for an insurance company for two years (we insured bus companies that had many accidents I investigated) and never once heard of such a thing happening so I’m just baffled.
It wasn't shard that cut people. It was tempered glass and based on what Dana said Chisea told him... the glass basically became dust that floated around the inside.

Are you feeling ok today? We want to see how Conor responds to really good wrestling/ground game. You brought up Eddie, but if Eddie had a bad game plan and didn't utilize his wrestling it doesn't answer the question, does it?

And I agree (so maybe a less assholish tone would work better), but Khabib is far more terrifying on the ground (he's on another level) so it works in reverse for him (his standup is made more effective). And he hits hard so you can't totally disrespect him. I think Khabib's standup is not very high level, but his ground game is off the charts. I think he would beat Eddie's ass.

Ferguson is just incredibly awkward quite frankly and just keeps coming at you. Not sure why the comparison to Eddie though since we are talking about a potential matchup against Conor and he never fought him. Seems like you completely missed what we were talking about.
You jumped in on me first, fuck face. I was just correcting Greg. That's it. All he said was that he wanted Conor to fight a wrestler with a full camp. I pointed out that he had. And here we are now.

How can I miss what we were talking about when you're the one that chimed in on an already ongoing conversation?

Also, you directly compared Tony and Khabib to Ferguson in the post I quoted again. In fact, here it is again:

Greg should have said he wanted to see Conor fight a good with good wrestling and striking that is to be respected. That means Khabib, Fergy, etc..

We weren't talking about hypothetical match ups for Conor. We weren't talking about Eddie fighting Khabib, or anything else. You butted in, you misunderstood, and you can fuck off.

You jumped in on me first, fuck face. I was just correcting Greg. That's it. All he said was that he wanted Conor to fight a wrestler with a full camp. I pointed out that he had. And here we are now.

How can I miss what we were talking about when you're the one that chimed in on an already ongoing conversation?

Also, you directly compared Tony and Khabib to Ferguson in the post I quoted again. In fact, here it is again:

We weren't talking about hypothetical match ups for Conor. We weren't talking about Eddie fighting Khabib, or anything else. You butted in, you misunderstood, and you can fuck off.
You had me at fuck face. Good day (get back to us when you're less pissy).

Yeah, I thought it was crazy that it broke so easily. Not so much on the dolly throw, but the chair broke right through easily as well.

You had me at fuck face. Good day (get back to us when you're less pissy).
Don't come at me for no reason then. I'm the same as always, but you engaged with me and tried to correct me on things I didn't say. Don't misrepresent what I'm saying again, and we won't have a problem.

I honestly don't even know what the "deep state" is.

From what I can tell it's some sort of conspiracy theory garbage with the intention of assigning anything seen to be nefarious to a faceless entity.

Don't come at me for no reason then. I'm the same as always, but you engaged with me and tried to correct me on things I didn't say. Don't misrepresent what I'm saying again, and we won't have a problem.
I didn't come at you, chill out. You're acting like a kid here, but who knows maybe you are a kid.

Anyway, learn how to disagree with people without getting so mad and you'll be happier. If I got what you said wrong I would happily apologize once corrected, but when you get nasty I just don't care to discuss anything with you at all.

Yes, if they were desperate to fight, they would have done that, but why would grown men (professional fighters especially) behave that way?

I'd love to see Conor vs. Khabib in the octagon, but I don't care about their petty personal squabbles or have any interest in seeing them in a street fight. Also, Conor could have politely asked Khabib to step out.
Do you know what sells, Jack?

What an absolute cluster fuck this card has turned into. Someone make sure to check Dana's blood pressure levels.

Dana White kieling over would make it all worthwhile.

For real, though, hope that dude croaks.

This is a completely disingenuous reading of what I've said. Really fucking pathetic. I don't remember you being a liar before, Lecter.

Yeah I made the wife reference as well in the last thread. And you are right that it is not at all the same thing. But the point is that being a danger to the general public is not relevant IMO. It is the same logic for hockey fights. "Part of the sport" is a shitty reason to excuse hooligan antics that result with shards of glass flying into an innocent by standers eye. That no one got really hurt is quite lucky in this case and Connor should spend some minor time in the clink to bring him down to earth.

and LOL at the title, deep state wants time.....

And people are laughing at the guy who said he feared for his life. If a crowd of pretty rowdy and tough guys smashed my fuckin windows out and tried ripping people out of my car, I would be scared as fuck too. I have seen that happen to other people. lol. Literally a guy punched through the window and dragged the other guy out and pounded on him. People who do that are fuckin crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back