• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion The War Room Bet Thread V7

Best bet(s) settled in the last bet thread (see closed bets section in post 3)

• Bet 53 Quipling v. SATW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bet 54 Fawlty v. oceanmachine

• Bet 59 MMAisGod v. oceanmachine

• Bet 57 Trotsky v. heirapparent

• Bet 58 Trotsky v. second sight

• Bet 46 Andy Capp v. Richie Madano

• Total voters
I beg your pardon for the lack of rigor on my part. I shall be more diligent in the future. I just thought it was a funny enough gif to pass muster :)
Your post was good. I thought it was enough. Source only liked our posts though. I can’t assume that as a yes.

Lol I’m a dork

@Andy Capp v. @Source
1. If Donald Trump becomes the Republican nominee, he will win the 2024 Presidential Election
2. @Source - for, @Andy Capp - against
3. 11/05/2024 (tentative, can go to certification day)
4. Signature bet
5. 1 month
6a. In the event Trump pass away before the election, the bet is null.
6b. If Trump doesn’t become the GOP nominee, the bet is null.
6c. Any legal issues resulting in Trump being unable to win the General Election will NOT result in a null bet. A new nominee replacing him in the general election would NOT result in a null bet.

I need you both to review this language, quote and either give an okay or any modifications. Keep in mind in 6a-c, that is the only time I’ll deviate from the premise. So if Trump becomes the nominee, only him passing away would make the bet null essentially.

in.gif
@Source , just noting here you need to quote my post and give it an okay. Otherwise, it won’t be official in the thread. Liking the post is appreciated but doesn’t count as confirmation.

Boy I just laughed a good bit to the point I started coughing. I need some sleep

@Andy Capp v. @Source
1. If Donald Trump becomes the Republican nominee, he will win the 2024 Presidential Election
2. @Source - for, @Andy Capp - against
4. Signature bet
5. 1 month
6a. In the event Trump pass away before the election, the bet is null.
6b. If Trump doesn’t become the GOP nominee, the bet is null.
6c. Any legal issues resulting in Trump being unable to win the General Election will NOT result in a null bet. A new nominee replacing him in the general election would NOT result in a null bet.

I need you both to review this language, quote and either give an okay or any modifications. Keep in mind in 6a-c, that is the only time I’ll deviate from the premise. So if Trump becomes the nominee, only him passing away would make the bet null essentially.

@Source , just noting here you need to quote my post and give it an okay. Otherwise, it won’t be official in the thread. Liking the post is appreciated but doesn’t count as confirmation.

We’ll take it. It’s official.

@ColemanwastheGOAT v. @CatchnShoot
1. Winner of the 2024 Presidential General Election will be:
2. @CatchnShoot - Joe Biden, @ColemanwastheGOAT - Donald Trump
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month

Please quote the post and give an okay for it to be official
Sounds good...... void if either man doesn’t make it to the day.

I always thought this thread was for sportsbets. Lol

Bans don’t void a pending bet but they essentially void the punishment since the banned poster can’t offer the av if they won or add the av if they lost. Still impacts rankings/ record.

For example, our buddy Wai still has a pending bet with someone over if Nikki Haley will be the GOP nominee. It was made over four years ago..

Bans don’t void a pending bet but they essentially void the punishment since the banned poster can’t offer the av if they won or add the av if they lost. Still impacts rankings/ record.
I think he means Biden or Trump

I always thought this thread was for sportsbets. Lol

@ColemanwastheGOAT v. @CatchnShoot
1. Winner of the 2024 Presidential General Election will be:
2. @CatchnShoot - Joe Biden, @ColemanwastheGOAT - Donald Trump
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month
6. If either candidate isn’t still the nominee on Election Day, the bet is null.

Need both to quote/ okay again or let me know if anything further needs adjusted

For example, our buddy Wai still has a pending bet with someone over if Nikki Haley will be the GOP nominee. It was made over four years ago..
Wai still taking losses in the great beyond...

Wai still taking losses in the great beyond...
For a year or so, I actually had it backwards in my head what he picked. He was against that Haley would be the nominee. I don’t know why the other person was so confident four years ago it would be her. Maybe they could say they didn’t expect trump to lose and be able to run again. Still, I wouldn’t necessarily assume she’d come out on top in a Trumpless primary from how I’ve seen the base perceive her.

For a year or so, I actually had it backwards in my head what he picked. He was against that Haley would be the nominee. I don’t know why the other person was so confident four years ago it would be her. Maybe they could say they didn’t expect trump to lose and be able to run again. Still, I wouldn’t necessarily assume she’d come out on top in a Trumpless primary from how I’ve seen the base perceive her.
Apologies to ghost Wai.

Doesn't have to be money. I'll bet you that Trump will win the Presidency this year. You in?
@Lead
Prop: If Trump wins the 2024 general I lose, and my penalty will be served consecutively after already agreed to wagers are fully settled--bwagster has already consented to that but you may wish to confirm. If Trump does not win the 2024 election FOR ANY REASON, I claim victory and the penalty is to be served as soon after the bet is settled as is practicable.

AV bet, 1 month.

What say you both?

Last edited:
Back