• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion The War Room Bet Thread V7

Best bet(s) settled in the last bet thread (see closed bets section in post 3)

• Bet 53 Quipling v. SATW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bet 54 Fawlty v. oceanmachine

• Bet 59 MMAisGod v. oceanmachine

• Bet 57 Trotsky v. heirapparent

• Bet 58 Trotsky v. second sight

• Bet 46 Andy Capp v. Richie Madano

• Total voters
Nice. The wording seems fine. Modifying just slightly

@ColemanwastheGOAT v. @CatchnShoot
1. The winner of the New Hampshire Republican primary will be:
2. @CatchnShoot : Nikki Haley / @ColemanwastheGOAT : Donald Trump
3. Tentatively 01/23/24
4. Avatar bet
5. 14 days

I need you both to quote this post and give an okay to make it official.

giphy.gif

@CatchnShoot

Done deal.

It’s official.

Moved to Bet Thread.
If he loses the 2024 gen election (I think he wins) he won’t be in any condition to run again in 28. The GOP would be absolute fools to try again if he loses.

Are you confident enough for a friendly wager on that?

Sure, it kind of the best of both worlds for me. I would happily be wrong about it.
Please note, @Source I already have an AV bet on the outcome so it will need to be a sig bet, if you have no objection, and I propose 1 month.

I further propose that if either Biden or Trump should pass before the election the bet is off; if Trump never becomes the candidate in the first place, the bet is off. If he's the candidate but his legal troubles keep him from assuming office--say, by application of the 13th amendment, I claim victory.

If you agree or wish to make any alterations please tag @Lead in your reply.

Moved to Bet Thread.

Please note, @Source I already have an AV bet on the outcome so it will need to be a sig bet, if you have no objection, and I propose 1 month.

I further propose that if either Biden or Trump should pass before the election the bet is off; if Trump never becomes the candidate in the first place, the bet is off. If he's the candidate but his legal troubles keep him from assuming office--say, by application of the 13th amendment, I claim victory.

That’s fine.

Edit: Shouldn't I win under any circumstance that trumps wins?

Moved to Bet Thread.

That’s fine.

I need more clarity on the last part about legal troubles. Do we even need it as a stipulation if the premise will be “Trump will win the 2024 Presidential Election?” Because that stipulation could end up being after the election but before he assumes office. Is the point of the premise that his legal troubles while being a candidate will not make the bet null?

That’s fine.

To me the wager is premised (in part) upon the Biden being the presumptive Democrat nominee but ok. I feel like a different Democratic Party candidate would still have a decent chance to win.

@Lead please see above.

Terms: 1 month sig bet
As long as Trump is the Republican nominee he will win re-election in 2024.
@Source for, me against.
If Trump wins the nomination but is subsequently barred from or otherwise incapable of taking office, I win.
If Trump is victorious in the general I lose regardless of the state of the opposition candidate.

@Lead please book it.

I need more clarity on the last part about legal troubles. Do we even need it as a stipulation if the premise will be “Trump will win the 2024 Presidential Election?” Because that stipulation could end up being after the election but before he assumes office. Is the point of the premise that his legal troubles while being a candidate will not make the bet null?
I beg your pardon, I didn't see this post before my post immediately above. I am just trying to distinguish between the case where he never becomes the nominee in the first place--in which case the best is off--and if he becomes the nominee but then ends up not being able to continue as a candidate or assume the office for any reason.

I beg your pardon, I didn't see this post before my post immediately above. I am just trying to distinguish between the case where he never becomes the nominee in the first place--in which case the best is off--and if he becomes the nominee but then ends up not being able to continue as a candidate or assume the office for any reason.
I think your follow up post works. I just wanted to make sure it didn’t impact post election.

I think your follow up post works. I just wanted to make sure it didn’t impact post election.
In a horse race, once the race has ended and wagers have been paid out, and then you subsequently find out the winning horse should have been disqualified for one reason or another, you don't change the official result of the race. You can't claw back peoples' winning wagers. If Trump makes it to election day as the nominee and then gets more (legal) votes, I expect that to constitute a win for @Source even if he is later jailed or deemed incompetent or ineligible.
If that were to happen I'd be too delighted to care about disputing the outcome.

Last edited:
@Andy Capp v. @Source
1. If Donald Trump becomes the Republican nominee, he will win the 2024 Presidential Election
2. @Source - for, @Andy Capp - against
3. 11/05/2024 (tentative, can go to certification day)
4. Signature bet
5. 1 month
6a. In the event Trump pass away before the election, the bet is null.
6b. If Trump doesn’t become the GOP nominee, the bet is null.
6c. Any legal issues resulting in Trump being unable to win the General Election will NOT result in a null bet. A new nominee replacing him in the general election would NOT result in a null bet.

I need you both to review this language, quote and either give an okay or any modifications. Keep in mind in 6a-c, that is the only time I’ll deviate from the premise. So if Trump becomes the nominee, only him passing away would make the bet null essentially.

@Andy Capp v. @Source
1. If Donald Trump becomes the Republican nominee, he will win the 2024 Presidential Election
4. Signature bet
5. 1 month
6c. Any legal issues resulting in Trump being unable to win the General Election will NOT result in a null bet. A new nominee replacing him in the general election would NOT result in a null bet.

I need you both to review this language, quote and either give an okay or any modifications. Keep in mind in 6a-c, that is the only time I’ll deviate from the premise. So if Trump becomes the nominee, only him passing away would make the bet null essentially.
in.gif

@Andy Capp v. @Source
4. Signature bet
5. 1 month

Source, just noting here you need to quote my post and give it an okay. Otherwise, it won’t be official in the thread. Liking the post is appreciated but doesn’t count as confirmation.

Source, just noting here you need to quote my post and give it an okay. Otherwise, it won’t be official in the thread. Liking the post is appreciated but doesn’t count as confirmation.
I beg your pardon for the lack of rigor on my part. I shall be more diligent in the future. I just thought it was a funny enough gif to pass muster :)

@Andy Capp v. @Source
4. Signature bet
5. 1 month

Agreed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back