The War Room Bet Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your goad game. You've got it. Sanders or boot it is.

@Cunningham v. @waiguoren
1. Donald Trump will win the 2020 election for president.
2. @waiguoren - against @Cunningham - for
3. November 9, 2020
4. Sig and av bet
5. One year
6. The bet is only valid if Peter Buttigieg or Bernard Sanders is the Democratic nominee for president on election day 2020. If Trump doesn't run for whatever reason, bet is void.

No bet.

Wait did you back out?

Hm weird. Anyway, I re-approve:

Approve.

No. I think Lead didn't confirm yet.

@Cunningham

Because of how active @waiguoren is here with bets, I have to access how overleveraged he is at any point in time. There is a scenario where Wai will be handling the punishment of other sig bets that could last for 5 months after your bet is settled. I'm fine with moving forward on it if you are okay with that note. Just let me know and I'll post it for both your approvals.

@waiguoren

This was from last week so I’m reseeking your approval to make this official. Let me know soon as we will run into the same issue again if significant amount of time passes.

It’s official

@Cunningham v. @waiguoren
1. Donald Trump will win the 2020 election for president.
2. @waiguoren - against @Cunningham - for
3. November 9, 2020
4. Sig and av bet
5. One year
6. The bet is only valid if Peter Buttigieg or Bernard Sanders is the Democratic nominee for president on election day 2020. If Trump doesn't run for whatever reason, bet is void.

@JamesRussler & @Lowmanproblems
Get this one settled

#39. @JamesRussler v. @Lowmanproblems
1. Within 6 months, DOJ will announce indictments for ANY of Comey, Strzok, McCabe, Ohr, Page, Yates, Lynch, Obama, Brennan, Clapper, or other government officials of the “Russia Collusion” investigation
2. For- JamesRussler, Against- Lowmanproblems
3. 10/16/19
4. Avatar bet (specific avs dealing with candidate choice)
5. 3 months
6a. If lowman loses, the avatar is Trump with MAGA hat, If JamesRussler loses, the avatar is a candidate of Lowman's choice.
6b. Due to the language of the bet, the bet winner will only be decided if both participants agree who won. In the event they disagree who won, the bet will be null.

@JamesRussler & @Lowmanproblems
Get this one settled

1. Within 6 months, DOJ will announce indictments for ANY of Comey, Strzok, McCabe, Ohr, Page, Yates, Lynch, Obama, Brennan, Clapper, or other government officials of the “Russia Collusion” investigation
3. 10/16/19
5. 3 months
6a. If lowman loses, the avatar is Trump with MAGA hat, If JamesRussler loses, the avatar is a candidate of Lowman's choice.
6b. Due to the language of the bet, the bet winner will only be decided if both participants agree who won. In the event they disagree who won, the bet will be null.

It's after 5:00 P.M. on the East Coast, so it's pretty clear no one is getting indicted today. Therefore, I concede the bet, and @Lowmanproblems is the victor. Congratulations dude!

As part of my concession speech, I will point out that it's never wise to bet that a powerful person is going to get indicted. If someone gets indicted (or even investigated), it's a pretty safe bet that they're not that powerful. In fact, they're probably the enemy of someone with power. In this case, it's pretty clear that a powerful network of people in the intelligence community wanted to take out Trump with a bogus "Russian collusion" investigation. I hope they are brought to justice, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even if they are ultimately charged and/or convicted, justice will be delayed until it's practically moot. That says something about our system. Who is actually in power? Who rules over you? Do you even know their names?

Anyway, @Lead will you kindly remove the infraction from my account so I can change my avatar for Mr. Lowman?

It's after 5:00 P.M. on the East Coast, so it's pretty clear no one is getting indicted today. Therefore, I concede the bet, and @Lowmanproblems is the victor. Congratulations dude!

As part of my concession speech, I will point out that it's never wise to bet that a powerful person is going to get indicted. If someone gets indicted (or even investigated), it's a pretty safe bet that they're not that powerful. In fact, they're probably the enemy of someone with power. In this case, it's pretty clear that a powerful network of people in the intelligence community wanted to take out Trump with a bogus "Russian collusion" investigation. I hope they are brought to justice, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even if they are ultimately charged and/or convicted, justice will be delayed until it's practically moot. That says something about our system. Who is actually in power? Who rules over you? Do you even know their names?

Anyway, @Lead will you kindly remove the infraction from my account so I can change my avatar for Mr. Lowman?

No need to remove the infraction. I should be able to manually switch the av if we are good to go.

Pete_Buttigieg_insert_6_c_Washington_Blade_by_Michael_Key-600x401.jpg

@JamesRussler

Nonsense. I wouldn't make you go through all that trouble.

I’m afraid that is the only option I have to offer. You could wait out the infraction and do it after but I would think some would frown on that.

I’m afraid that is the only option I have to offer. You could wait out the infraction and do it after but I would think some would frown on that.

I'm fine with it.

3. 10/16/19
5. 3 months
Winner: lowmanproblems

Would you like to bet that if you added the votes Romney got in Utah, to trumps total, that not only would Trump surpass Romney's popular vote, but also surpass Hillary as well?

Yes. Let's do it.

1. If Romney's write-in votes in Utah in 2016 are added to Trump's total, Trump would have had a higher percentage of the national popular vote than Romney did and would have won the popular vote against Clinton.
2. For- Amerikuracana, Against- JVS
3. As soon as the calculations are done.
4. Sig bet.
5. 6 months.

@Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.