The War Room Bet Thread V3

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Lead, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Quipling

Quipling Red Belt

@Lead
    Are multiparty bets allowed?

1. Company A in the (probably) sealed subpoena case that went to Scotus is owned by this country:
    2. @xcvbn - Israel @Hunter Simpson - Turkey @Quipling - Qatar
    3. Avatar
    5. 1 month
    6. If Company A is not owned by any of the named companies, the bet is null.
    7. Other parties may join the betting pool if they select an unnamed country.

xcvbn and Hunter Simpson like this.
  2. Hunter Simpson

Hunter Simpson 2GM/c^2 belt

Do we need some sort of timeframe after which the bet would be annulled? I would say it comes down to whether it is revealed if/when Mueller's report is published. I only ask because otherwise I might forget about it completely.

3. Quipling

Quipling Red Belt

Sure, sounds good.

Hunter Simpson likes this.
  4. Lead

Lead /Led/ Staff Member Senior Moderator

Let me look into this when I get home. I don’t see why we could. The risk/ reward will just have different results when dealing with the ranking system. I definitely like it at first glance

5. senri

senri The belt that resides inside you

It will be your unforgettable memory that will last till your drawing breath. It will be the the final realization of your wonderful existence....

6. Lead

@Quipling
    I like you can add people with this but my concern is the timeline. With if some information leaks that speculates a different country and a poster jumps on it? I just think there may be a blurry line here between when a person can continue to join and also when it's decided.
    7. Other parties may join the betting pool if they select an unnamed country
    You and hunter seemed to come up with a clear cut off date in case the info isn't revealed in a timely fashion. We can add that also. I'd just say the participants need to understand the bet could become null and later information break at that point.

7. Higus

Higus Silver Belt

If anything, I could see SCOTUS ruling a lot of TRAP laws to become legal. I don't know how that would fit into the bet.

8. Hunter Simpson

Just a reminder to finalize this if possible. Addressing your concerns, note that it's a wager of the friendliest sort, and if someone wants to cheat, OK, I guess, but also I welcome you to use your judgement; if something comes out that gives a slant to possible options, then you can impose a cutoff yourself, imo. And I meant to say adding people is fine if its within a reasonable timeframe, like within the week. But in any event, it's just supposed to be for the LOLZ so my preference would be to throw it up there and not worry about it.

If the bet is annulled for whatever reason, I don't think anyone is losing any sleep over it. Anyway, please add it and let the chips fall where they may.

Edit: to make it official we could add a rider to the effect that you can impose an arbitrary deadline for entry but I feel like I may be making it too much like work for something that's supposed to be fun. So, whatever works for you is fine, honestly.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  9. Lead

Got it. I’ll send the formal one out by tomorrow. I’ll just have it that for an additional person to join, the current people have to approve as well to avoid anything contested.

10. Lead

I need each of your guys to quote this post and give an okay to make it official

@xcvbn vs. @Hunter Simpson v. @Quipling
    1. Company A in the (probably) sealed subpoena case that went to SCOTUS is owned by this country:
    2. @xcvbn - Israel @Hunter Simpson - Turkey @Quipling - Qatar
    3. Avatar
    5. 1 month
    6. If Company A is not owned by any of the named companies, the bet is null.
    7. Other parties may join the betting pool if they select an unnamed country and current participants approve.

xcvbn and Hunter Simpson like this.
  11. Quipling

Quipling Red Belt

Approved

Lead likes this.
  12. Trotsky

Trotsky Silver Belt

13. Hunter Simpson

14. xcvbn

xcvbn Silver Belt Platinum Member

<{jackyeah}>

15. Lead

It's official

It doesn't say the date decided but you three can agree to conclude it after the report comes out.

Hunter Simpson and xcvbn like this.
  16. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

ahoy Higus,

even if the SCOTUS reverses course to allow TRAP laws to come back to life (i remember Texas tried it), the bet turns on the SCOTUS allowing states to outlaw a woman's right to choose.

so i'd still win the bet and then Homer gets to put this into his sig;

EVERY SELF LOATHING LIBERAL SANDERS SUPPORTER WHO VOTED THIRD PARTY IN THE GENERAL GETS TO SHARE THE BLAME FOR THE EXISTENCE OF THE PHENOMENON KNOWS AS "PRESIDENT TRUMP". GOOD JOB!

its going to happen again, wait and see; the Sanders contingent is going to insert a gun into the mouth of the Democratic electorate, refuse to rally behind someone loathsome like Kirstin Gillibrand, and stay home.

then four more years of Mr. Trump, Justice Ginsberg succumbs the inevitable, and then you've got a conservative, Citizens United lovin' SCOTUS for the next half century or so.

- IGIT