• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Unexamined Brutality of the Male Libido

The act of dominance is what they're exercising but they're doing so in a way that gets their dick wet and I think its because, in that moment, that's also what they want to do. Men also beat the shit out of each other to express dominance, when they rape one another its because there's something else at work.

Usually opportunity, at least if we're talking about heterosexual males. It's a higher level of dominance than simply beating someone up.

I think the brutality of the male has been more broadly and thoroughly examined than perhaps any other matter in recorded history. We have around 3000 years of philosophical study on the subject. The most intelligent minds that ever existed, spent their days pondering about the subject.

The general conclusion that most intelligent men have come to, is that while we must certainly work to alleviate the ill-effects of masculinity, we cannot afford to emasculate the male and strip him away of his competitive drive. Because this would turn him into an unnatural, and ultimately useless being, that no longer fulfills his function, as determined by nature.

We have far less philosophy that has focused on critically evaluating the behaviour of the female. I think that's worrying, because we have no true intellectual foundation on how the brutality of the female might manifest itself in our societies, as they turn increasingly gyno-centric. We do know that many female-dominated species are extremely brutal and seemingly immoral to our human standards, where the role of the male has been diluted to that of spreading its seed, being cast out of the "herd", and vaporizing into thin air.

As a collective group, males have a much longer-standing moral and intellectual foundation for their behaviour than the females.

Usually opportunity, at least if we're talking about heterosexual males. It's a higher level of dominance than simply beating someone up.
Yeah, opportunity to get your dick wet. As I said, I don't think its an accident that male on male rape and sexual assault happens at higher rates in settings were there are hardly any women present such as prisons and the military. I remember watching a prison documentary where one of the inmates basically admitted it, saying something about how after a while magazines don't cut it anymore and you gotta pump someone.

Yeah, opportunity to get your dick wet. As I said, I don't think its an accident that male on male rape and sexual assault happens at higher rates in settings were there are hardly any women present such as prisons and the military. I remember watching a prison documentary where one of the inmates basically admitted it, saying something about how after a while magazines don't cut it anymore and you gotta pump someone.

Opportunity in that the time and effort required to physically submit another man long enough to also perform the act of penetration before intervention is far greater than the time and effort required to simply punch and kick him into submission.

The male on male rape happens more frequently in settings without women because there are no women, not because previously straight men suddenly developed amorous feelings for other straight men.

Are some guys raping guys for sexual release, sure. But it's mostly about power dynamics - Man X has the power to force someone else to submit to them sexually. The rape is proof of the power imbalance, not proof of sexual interest.

Opportunity in that the time and effort required to physically submit another man long enough to also perform the act of penetration before intervention is far greater than the time and effort required to simply punch and kick him into submission.

The male on male rape happens more frequently in settings without women because there are no women, not because previously straight men suddenly developed amorous feelings for other straight men.

Are some guys raping guys for sexual release, sure. But it's mostly about power dynamics - Man X has the power to force someone else to submit to them sexually. The rape is proof of the power imbalance, not proof of sexual interest.
I never said it wasn't about power dynamics, just that I don't think that's mutually exclusive to sexual interest or the desire for sexual release and that I think rape, as an inherently sexual act, always has some element of sexual interest or desire for sexual release.

Humans have it pretty good IMO. The male libido in almost every other species will kill their competition, to death, and just take the females. Why arent we shaming the real rapists of the world?
They also often kill other males offspring to ensure that the female will want to breed again, specifically with them which will pass on their genes, making their genes dominant.

I never said it wasn't about power dynamics, just that I don't think that's mutually exclusive to sexual interest or the desire for sexual release and that I think rape, as an inherently sexual act, always has some element of sexual interest or desire for sexual release.

I don't think that rape requires an element of sexual interest or a desire for sexual release. People run around raping people they've never seen - how much sexual interest can there possibly be in someone they've never even seen before? They lie in wait for hours and plan to commit a rape when they could have more rapidly paid for sex, rubbed one out, etc. Why the delay in seeking release under criminal circumstances when the same release could be achieved without it?

Now if we're talking about run of the mill date rape scenario, that might turn more on sexual interest or the desire for sexual release but when we're talking about male on male physical rape, the need for a sexual motivation isn't required.

I don't think that rape requires an element of sexual interest or a desire for sexual release. People run around raping people they've never seen - how much sexual interest can there possibly be in someone they've never even seen before? They lie in wait for hours and plan to commit a rape when they could have more rapidly paid for sex, rubbed one out, etc. Why the delay in seeking release under criminal circumstances when the same release could be achieved without it?
Huh? You only need to see someone once before you know if you want to fuck them or not. As far as the second statement, that doesn't disprove anything I said. As I already conceded, I think its possible for the power dynamics to be the more important element so that hypothetical rapist does not just want sex but sex and the domination of rape.

Nonetheless, I think there's the element of sexual interest or desire of release there as well, as in not in place of but in addition to the element of power dynamics.
Now if we're talking about run of the mill date rape scenario, that might turn more on sexual interest or the desire for sexual release but when we're talking about male on male physical rape, the need for a sexual motivation isn't required.
A sexual motivation isn't needed for a sexual act? That I just don't buy.

Why don't you guys get some actual research into why people rape rather than just spouting what you think? No one cares what you think, buy, agree, or disagree with if it isn't backed up by anything.

I disagree that its nothing to do with libido and only power, I don't think that's ever true of rape. Sure maybe in some circumstances its primarily about power but I think if you're raping someone, its because you want to get your dick wet on some level. Male on male rape is usually prevalent in settings where there aren't many women like prisons and the military, I don't think that's an accident. The lack of the preferred outlet might lead some men to take desperate measures.
Like all other assertions on the social sciences, it's bullshit, partisan inspired bullshit. It's usually paired up with the "you can not blame the victim".
So if you say a hot 20 year old girl shouldn't be out alone drinking, these people will invoke these two arguments.
Yeah right, the fact that she is hot will not entice rapists at all, they would just as happily rape some fat ugly dude if he was just as vulnerable, let's say if he passed out while drinking.
And no, if I say you should lock your doors I'm not blaming you for letting a burglar get in.

The argument about, "LOL men also rape men" also fails because there are homosexual men that truly enjoy having sex with other men, so it's libido, as you said they usually happens in places where there are no other means of satisfying your libido and yes, in some cases it can be about power.
Just like robbing somebody, most robbers(or shoplifters, drug dealers...) do it for financial gain, but once in a while there are people with enough financial means that do it for the thrill. But no, robberies are not all about the thrill.

I think the brutality of the male has been more broadly and thoroughly examined than perhaps any other matter in recorded history. We have around 3000 years of philosophical study on the subject. The most intelligent minds that ever existed, spent their days pondering about the subject.

The general conclusion that most intelligent men have come to, is that while we must certainly work to alleviate the ill-effects of masculinity, we cannot afford to emasculate the male and strip him away of his competitive drive. Because this would turn him into an unnatural, and ultimately useless being, that no longer fulfills his function, as determined by nature.

We have far less philosophy that has focused on critically evaluating the behaviour of the female. I think that's worrying, because we have no true intellectual foundation on how the brutality of the female might manifest itself in our societies, as they turn increasingly gyno-centric. We do know that many female-dominated species are extremely brutal and seemingly immoral to our human standards, where the role of the male has been diluted to that of spreading its seed, being cast out of the "herd", and vaporizing into thin air.

As a collective group, males have a much longer-standing moral and intellectual foundation for their behaviour than the females.

Two of my favorite pop fantasy novels are Drizzt #1 and #2 by R.A. Salvatore about a brutal underground matriarchal society that the main character is trying to escape from. Salvatore was definitely on to something here I'm waiting the film!

50027.jpg
66678.jpg

Shit. What power would women have over men, without that violent male libido?

I think we all know how a society of women would behave. We see it everyday, and the viciousness of men has nothing on the viciousness of women.

Two of my favorite pop fantasy novels are Drizzt #1 and #2 by R.A. Salvatore about a brutal underground matriarchal society that the main character is trying to escape from. Salvatore was definitely on to something here I'm waiting the film!

50027.jpg
66678.jpg

Ha, I read all the way up to iron dwarf. I think it was 23 novels. He is still writing these.

50027.jpg
66678.jpg

Read red rising. Drizzt ain't got shit on my boy darrow.

Ha, I read all the way up to iron dwarf. I think it was 23 novels. He is still writing these.

IT was the particular formula of the first two that kept me interested. Usually I don't read pop fantasy, but an underground matriarchal dystopia kind of writes itself. I tried to read the 3rd in the series but it all became so formulaic after that.

I'll look at Red Rising