The UFC's Middleweight division just got even worse.

With these superfights, almost every div is in disarray

Ok. the truth is he got his 3 title defenses off of a freak leg break (although he was winning that fight), and wins over Machida and Vitor. When the 4 best fighters in the division were Rockhold, Yoel, Jacare and Mousasi. All fighters later went on to TKO him.
Okay, but you're ignoring context. Rockhold was coming off of a loss to someone who weidman fought right after. Machida eventually had a win over mousasi as well. So he wasn't fighting bums. he was fighting who was considered to the best at that time. yes there were fighters who were better in the division but they didn't make it to the title picture. it's not as if weidman didn't fight them or refused to. they weren't proven to be the best in the division.

hindsight is 20/20, of course. but if you warped back to that time, and said yoel, jacare and rockhold are better than machida and vitor, you would have been laughed at.

mousasi fans would have agreed, but they are generally a pretty retarded bunch

Last edited:
The Bisping vs Hendo/GSP farces screwed over the MW division.

The good old days.

View attachment 528269

I’ll take what we have now over here watching the ass-hat above shuck and jive areound the octagon like a spazoid retard for 25 minutes.

For all of the acclaim and exciting wins, Silva also had some of the most boring and embarrassing fights in UFC history.

I mean literally refusing to engage Maia for an entire 25 minute debacle that may literally be the worst fight in MMA history, WMMA included.

Nope I’ll take the shitshow we have now.

LHW is the bigger shitshow. But you aren't wrong, MW is a mess right now also. It's funny that HW is now a more exciting division than LHW.
The more apt question is:

What division isnt a shit show? Every single division is fucked, from FlW getting rolled and cutting the arguable world's best fighter, to the BW champ getting Aldo'd by the FlW one, to the FW champ almost dying on multiple weight cuts and now fighting for the interim LW strap, to the LW "legacy champ " that wants to box Pac and refuses to fight, to the WW division where interims are handed out and not unified, to the MW mess you named, to LHW where guys are awarded TS shots for flunking drugs tests and have events moved for failing other tests (also no competetion) and on to HW where the champ refuses yo fight top fighters and I'd sitting out yo fight a guy that has not won a fight in 8 years(also flunked a drug test).

W.orst
M.anagement
E.ver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back