The UFC release 9 fighters including Chad Griggs and Yasuhiro Urushitani

I took out one "http://" out of your address or and the link still doesn't work for me

Chad Griggs
Nick Penner
Marcus LeVesseur
John Cofer
Joey Gambino
Jeff Hougland
Jared Papazian
Yasuhiro Urishitani
Henry Martinez

Griggs, Henry Martinez, Jeff Houghland....none are surprising in the slightest.

suprised to see Houghland getting the boot.

Yet Tiequan Zhang is not apart of that list.

I know why he's not but still he's not good.

Last edited:
"Chad Griggs, Nick Penner, Marcus LeVesseur, John Cofer, Joey Gambino, Jeff Hougland, Jared Papazian and Yasuhiro Urishitani and Henry Martinez are the 9 released."

Surprised the UFC let go of 2 Flyweights considering that division is so thin as it is. They need to sign more FLW's if they expect that division to be a real competitive one.

Sorry, I am awful at posting links!! Seems on Twitter that most people are bummed about the Martinez cut!

Henry Martinez?! This guy left it all on the cage, and even though he took a beating in his last fight, I think a weight cut could have turned his ufc run around.

I don't understand why they released Urushitani....
1. He is Japanese, and they are trying to get into Asian market.
2. He is a flyweight, and this division is so thin, it is sad.
At least they can give him a gimme fight in Japan,
and if he loses they can cut him.

Henry Martinez?! This guy left it all on the cage, and even though he took a beating in his last fight, I think a weight cut could have turned his ufc run around.

He failed to make weight in his last fight didnt he? I bet that is part of the reason.

Sucks they cut griggs was hoping he'd get one more fight to prove himself. Fight with beltran woulda been perfect

Back