The UFC release 9 fighters including Chad Griggs and Yasuhiro Urushitani

Good list, I would like to see Martinez and Houghland get another shot though.

Umm, sorry man, why?!

Worst signing in recent years. Can he do anything?! I've just seen him get kicked and punched from pillar to post for 3 rounds, even his UFC win was a dryout and he didn't seem to have any kind of A-game.

lol at people no able to make the link work.

right click....copy.....paste....correct it yourself.

Griggs is the only one I am sad to see go.

Zhang will most likely get the Dan Hardy treatment. And when he loses his 4th fight in a row Lorenzo Fertitta will immediately tweet "Zhang isnt gettin cut, I like guys that WAR!!!!"

What would that be? Fighting for the title, then fighting 3 of the division's finest in a row, without any respite?

You're having one, mate. Zhang can't even beat the dregs of the division, when he loses to guys like Khabib Nurmagomedov, Gleison Tibau and Joe Lauzon, then we'll talk the Dan Hardy treatment.

Fucking joke. If Hardy was a Yank, nobody would have batted an eyelid at his 4-fight losing streak to some of the beasts of the division. Dan Hardy treatment my ass, haha. Half your fucking Yank 'contenders' get what's called a 'tune-up' fight after getting their ass kicked.

No surprises.

Actually, I take that back. Christian Morecraft still having a place on the roster was a bit of a surprise.

the urushitani cut is the dumbest shit ever, like really. they think flyweights just grow on trees or what?

This. Of all those guys who got cut, Urushitani's the one guy where I'm genuinely surprised they got rid of him. He deserved one more fight, especially with how thin the Flyweight division is.

What's stopping them from cutting...

John Albert
Byron Bloodworth
Dustin Pague
Stephen Bass
Josh Clopton
Jason Young
Mitch Clarke
Jeremy Larsen
Nick Catone
John Maguire
Phil De Fries
Christian Morecraft

?

They cut 9 guys, but they should have cut close to 20.

You have to add 20 guys to cut 20 guys...

The UFC has a lot more events these days. The roster needs to be bigger. You're probably the same mathematician crying when they have trouble with short notice matchups and replacements. ;)

Umm, sorry man, why?!

Worst signing in recent years. Can he do anything?! I've just seen him get kicked and punched from pillar to post for 3 rounds, even his UFC win was a dryout and he didn't seem to have any kind of A-game.

He's solid all around and tough as shit, that Jabouin beating was nasty. I'm not arguing that he should stay, or something, but he's not that bad.

The UFC has a lot more events these days. The roster needs to be bigger. You're probably the same mathematician crying when they have trouble with short notice matchups and replacements. ;)

Yeah, uh, Strikeforce.....

Nevermind the fact that there are better free agents in those weight divisions than those guys out there. But, please, feel free shove your foot right down your throat.

And, let's also not forget about all the guys who fought less than 3 times in a year. We have multiple fighters complaining about not fighting enough, Junior Assuncao said he was cut because their roster was TOO BIG, etc.

Bottom line: Those guys don't need to be in the UFC.

It's hilarious these are the same type of fighters people bitch about cards being watered down with. When the Ufc releases them though people then bitch about that.

None of these cuts are surprising and none of these guys showed much of anything in the Ufc.

Not surprised by any of those releases. None have impressed in the big show.

I would have liked to see Griggs one more maybe against Beltran.

its true. Grown adult males at that size is not normal.

125 lbs typically means they are athletes in the 135-140lb weight range....which means if they werent athletes working out every day, they would probably be in the 150-160lb weight range

that is not so untypical of grown adult males...maybe its not average, but its no freak of nature

Back