The UFC release 9 fighters including Chad Griggs and Yasuhiro Urushitani

the urushitani cut is the dumbest shit ever, like really. they think flyweights just grow on trees or what?

Chad Griggs
Nick Penner
Marcus LeVesseur
John Cofer
Joey Gambino
Jeff Hougland
Jared Papazian
Yasuhiro Urishitani
Henry Martinez

this is more helpful than just posting a link. Cheers

Looking at that list and barely recognizing any of those fighters, it is clear to me it is no significant loss. I think anyone that just beat those fighters knows where they sit on the scale.

Half of these deserve a

33500022.jpg

Yet Tiequan Zhang is not apart of that list.

I know why he's not but still he's not good.

He put up a good fight in his last bout, overturning his opponent and showing heart on several occasions. But most importantly, the Chinese portion of the crowd actually cared for him. So in that regard the UFC is not going to release their only Chinese fighter.

Yet Tiequan Zhang is not apart of that list.

I know why he's not but still he's not good.

Being the only fighter on the roster with the nationality of the latest country you're trying to break into must be pretty great.

Good list, I would like to see Martinez and Houghland get another shot though.

Well, nothing surprising here.

Don't think it has anything to do with SF though, as most of those guys are LW or smaller.

Must admit, the only one that made me go 'what?' was Chad Griggs.....and that subsided in about 5seconds once I realised how badly he got owned in both UFC fights.

Griggs MAYBE should have been given one more at 205lbs. But the others are understandable, some might retire (Urushitani) others could get a recall with a few wins....not the end of the line for all of them.

Roster needs to stay fresh, no problem with theses cuts at all.

It does seem like a while since UFC cut a few guys and with the Strikeforce guys coming over I'm not surprised to see some people go. What does surprise me is that they cut a couple of Flyweights and some guys like Leonard Garcia or Zhang weren't among the guys cut.

Being the only fighter on the roster with the nationality of the latest country you're trying to break into must be pretty great.

Zhang will most likely get the Dan Hardy treatment. And when he loses his 4th fight in a row Lorenzo Fertitta will immediately tweet "Zhang isnt gettin cut, I like guys that WAR!!!!"

This thread made me remember the Diabate punch that dropped Griggs and I winced. Brutal.

Back