The UFC Needs To Pay Extremely Low Amounts For Fights That Go To Decision

DoUEvenLiftBro

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that not all decision fights are boring and some fighters legitimately try from bell-to-bell, so I think bonuses should be awarded accordingly. I don't fault Cerrone, Jones, or Cormier, and think they weren't the problem last night.

However, there is clearly a problem with fighters going in there with no fear of being punished for fighting safe or trying to survive, and it's killing cards. If the UFC has a monopoly and so much control, why the hell aren't they putting massive punishments on boring strategies?

Lombard, Burkman, Jury, Marquardt, and Tavares shouldn't have gotten paid much, since they all contributed to costing the company money with their boring performances.

Agreed TS. Public hangings are in order for those who do not comply.

I disagree respectfully.

It sucks there wasnt even a single main card finish, but I don't think you should go and penalize fighters for going the distance.

Take Lombard for example. I don't get why his performance bothered anybody. He was the aggressor and landed some great shots. And I thought the main event was damn good until the 5th round.

The bonuses are encouragement enough for excitement IMO and I think the right guys got paid (I would've picked that dude who KOed Brim age over Jordon, but what do I know?).

I think people are under the impression that the UFC can afford to have people like Phil Davis on their roster. Entertainment is more important than seeing who can fight safer until the final horn. It's just bad business to allow fighters to fight to survive.

no, fuck it

its already disgusting that for ex the ufc doesnt reward decisions for performance of the night

cerrone put a beating on jury and fucking shawn jordan took the potn instead of him, like ffs

Alternatively, the could just use the small cage.

I tried to not pay less to a hooker that didn't finish her job. It didn't go so well.

They need to create a Finish Bonus for all fights, and of course keep the other bonuses as icing on the cake. A couple hundred thousand more in bonuses will be money well spent it it meant the fights would be a lot more exciting.

As mixed martial artists all get better collectively, especially at the upper echelons of the sport, it becomes harder to finish. The Just Bleeds aren't happy about it, but folks who enjoy competition and skill understand that it's the evolution of the sport.

They need to create a Finish Bonus for all fights, and of course keep the other bonuses as icing on the cake. A couple hundred thousand more in bonuses will be money well spent it it meant the fights would be a lot more exciting.

I agree with a carrot for finishes, but there also needs to be a stick. Plenty of people are going in there to survive or to win on points, since just getting wins is paying the bills. Fighting for points shouldn't pay the bills.

I agree with a carrot for finishes, but there also needs to be a stick. Plenty of people are going in there to survive or to win on points, since just getting wins is paying the bills. Fighting for points shouldn't pay the bills.

Yeah, the fighters who everyone already says are underpaid should be threatened with their financial livelihood.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, the fighters who everyone already says are underpaid should be threatened with their financial livelihood.... :rolleyes:

Put a disproportionate reward system on finishes. You telling me 5,000 to win or 100,000 to finish wouldn't light a spark on these point fighters?

Something tells me you're the last one who should be dictating who gets paid what. You don't exactly strike me as the paying customer type.

Something tells me you're the last one who should be dictating who gets paid what. You don't exactly strike me as the paying customer type.

And boy am I glad I didn't pay a penny towards Brad Tavares, Hector Lombard, Josh Burkman, or Myles Jury making a living.

Back