Media The Thrill and the Agony clip shows that TJ was still very conscious and aware

the guy was definitely wobbly during the tko but the fact the guy could gather his equilibrium together in mere seconds is probably evidence it was a little early

I dont understand how people expect Ref's fo have this extra sense of knowing where a fighters at mentally.

All the ref saw is 15 seconds of unanswered shots that dropped TJ 3 times, that there is enough to warrant a stoppage.

I mean TJ still thinks Henry stopped punching him because of a single leg...

That video didnt even show the end of the fight!? Fuck you TS.

I'm not saying this is a bad stoppage because it isn't but it wasn't a good stoppage either, when you take into consideration all the factors like the fact it's TJ and a super-fight it should have gone a bit longer and this new clip and audio sort of shows that TJ was still very conscious and aware.
He was conscious because the ref saved him... that's how it works.

If the ref had given Cejduo 5-10 more seconds, TJ would have been out cold.

giphy.gif

He went from 100 to 0 real quick
Dat face tho

<codychoke>

Makes Cody fuckin Garbrandt seem likeable... I'd rather be hangin with tha boyz than shopping for sunglasses and chewing gum with TJ any day of the week.

Too many people are using their personal bias and dislike of TJ to justify this bad stoppage imo.

Imagine if your favorite fighter lost in this fashion. Imagine if it was GSP losing to Woodley or khabib losing to Conor in exactly this manner.

I'm not saying TJ was fine, he was probably just going to take more punishment, but he earned the right to at least take a decisive loss. There was too much preparation build up, legacy etc on the line plus all the suffering he had to do just to make weight to get into the fight.

We had just seen a few fights earlier, old man Glover dropping lifelessly after receiving some elbows and by this referees standards the fight could have been stopped right there. We saw how that fight actually turned out.

Too many people are using their personal bias and dislike of TJ to justify this bad stoppage imo.

Imagine if your favorite fighter lost in this fashion. Imagine if it was GSP losing to Woodley or khabib losing to Conor in exactly this manner.

I'm not saying TJ was fine, he was probably just going to take more punishment, but he earned the right to at least take a decisive loss. There was too much preparation build up, legacy etc on the line plus all the suffering he had to do just to make weight to get into the fight.

We had just seen a few fights earlier, old man Glover dropping lifelessly after receiving some elbows and by this referees standards the fight could have been stopped right there. We saw how that fight actually turned out.

Maybe true, I mean I couldn't stop laughing.

Having said that, TJ got dropped 3 times in 30 seconds and looked like he's been fighting for 5 rounds, so I really am not bothered by it.

Loss of equilibrium isn't enough to top a fight or else Condit beat GSP. The stoppage was early but it didn't matter dude was getting ragdolled, and he still wants to fight again at 125 <{MindBrown}>

Imagine GSP got knocked down two more times in a 20 second time period after that kick and maybe then the situations would be comparable.

GSP was knocked down once and immediately looked to cover up and get guard.

TJ got knocked down three times and was flopping like a fish while not defending punches to his face.

Pretty sure one of those undefended strikes from Henry knocked TJ back to concious.

Dat face tho

<codychoke>

Makes Cody fuckin Garbrandt seem likeable... I'd rather be hangin with tha boyz than shopping for sunglasses and chewing gum with TJ any day of the week.
I always thought Garbrandt came across as douchey, maybe because of his looks. But as i've been seeing more of TJ, the guy just seems a lot worst.

His fight vs platinum was early stoppage. He can F off...

My favorite fighter would never be a smuggy douche. And my favorite fighter would never menstruate like a teenage girl afterwards.

Called this fight a stepping stone. Was thinking about 145. Direct quotes from Helwani’s interview.

Early or not he got himself taken into deep water by a fighter he underestimated and overlooked. That’s his fault for eating kicks and headshots. That all happened. He’s blaming the ref for the loss not the 20 unanswered strikes he absorbed. But he beats Henry 99/100 times. Asshole.
Cejudo is a better boxer and wrestler...Same result will happen at 135. Cejudo is faster, has better boxing, and will control him on the ground if TJ is conscious when it gets there. Not taking anything away from TJ but this is a TERRIBLE matchup for him...And Holloway crushes him at 145.

Hey guys remember the high school wrestler had a single leg on the Olympic gold medallist

I'm not saying this is a bad stoppage because it isn't but it wasn't a good stoppage either, when you take into consideration all the factors like the fact it's TJ and a super-fight it should have gone a bit longer and this new clip and audio sort of shows that TJ was still very conscious and aware.

Let me start by saying this was NOT a super-fight.
It has become ridiculous flashy words thrown out there for the dumb public, and repeated so many times people started just using it like it meant something, but not noticing they are helping devalue the true meaning of a super-fight.

Super fights were GSP & Silva while both were dominant champions. Or SIlva & Machida while Machida was also an unbeaten champion.
Or even those that happened. The triangle Hughes, GSP & BJ Penn. Or Chuck & Wandi. Heck, I would even allow Aldo & Farber. THose were super fights!

Heck, super fight could be even a fantasy one, like if Fedor joined the UFC and fought Lesnar (Not even because of Lesnar, whom I don't even consider a full pro-fighter, since he took it more as a hobby) but due to its hype and popularity at the time.

Those are/were super fights!

A champion who just got the belt fighting another one who defended just once, against the guy he already beat.... that's an excuse NOT to put his belt on the line and a chance at a second one... at a division that reportedly the UFC wants to kill. That was all it was.

A scam. A shameful display of greed and selfishness.

And the more ironic part is that Mighty Mouse was right when he claimed TJ had no business fighting for that belt since he never made that cut. I mean, we saw the pics of TJ's weight cut. That was BRUTAL!!! (and a testament to the profissional he is, by making weight!).
TJ was bullied by Cejudo, and that's because he was so dehydrated, he had no way to fight back.
He was done. No matter how conscious and how much he wanted to continue.

He went down 3 times, twice almost face planted and Cejudo was on his face and giving him no space.
He was done. All that was, was his hurt ego crying about something he knows he is wrong about.

Last edited:
Even if TJ is fast enough to outland Holloway, does anybody think that he has the slightest chance of hurting him?

Yes. Holloway has a great chin but I do think if he ate a lot of punches from Dillashaw, the chances that he'd be hurt are more than slight.

The only standard the stoppage can be held to is how the ref can be expected to react seeing what he sees, without foreknowledge, in real time.

We're breaking it down frame by frame after seeing it a billion times, without the additional stress of possibly being responsible for an already compromised fighter getting his brain busted while the fur is flying.

Haha fuck tj for being self confident and then getting upset when he lost controversially after training and dieting his ass off for 12 weeks!

Let me start by saying this was NOT a super-fight.
It has become ridiculous flashy words thrown out there for the dumb public, and repeated so many times people started just using it like it meant something, but not noticing they are helping devalue the true meaning of a super-fight.

Super fights were GSP & Silva while both were dominant champions. Or SIlva & Machida while Machida was also an unbeaten champion.
Or even those that happened. The triangle Hughes, GSP & BJ Penn. Or Chuck & Wandi. Heck, I would even allow Aldo & Farber. THose were super fights!

That's not how I've seen the term used; I've always seen it used to refer to a match between two current champions (which excludes some of your examples). However, I agree with your assessment of Cejudo-Dillashaw, independently of whether it was a superfight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back