The Straight Dope on Princess Elsa's Twitter harassment campaign of Cyborg

Does Princess Elsa aka Cindy 'Battlecat' Dandois deserve a shot at Cyborg?

• Total voters

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Slightly biased towards Cindy but still a pretty fair article here, this has been going for a while but has gathered some momentum just in the last few days.

http://www.axs.com/cindy-dandois-finally-on-cris-cyborg-justino-s-radar-104447

5120-optimized_57ab53be71a77.jpg

It took months of begging and dozens of posts on Twitter and Instagram, but Cindy "Battlecat" Dandois accomplished her goal of getting on Cris "Cyborg" Justino's radar. "Cyborg" finally acknowledged her on social media this month, posting that she should talk to the UFC to set up a fight between them.

Dandois, 31, was scheduled to fight "Cyborg" last year at Invicta FC 15, but withdrew to tryout for "TUF 23." In an incredible stretch of bad luck, the Belgian beauty ended up without the "Cyborg" fight or the "TUF" opportunity because the UFC didn't get enough female bantamweights to show up for the tryouts. Dandois was sent home, upset and frustrated about missing out on what would have been a nice payday.

Flash forward nine months and the landscape of the female 145-pound division is close to where it was around the time of Invicta FC 15. Dandois and Australia's Megan Anderson are both still worthy contenders to fight for Justino's Invicta FC belt. The only difference now is that "Cyborg" regularly competes for the UFC at a catchweight of 140 pounds. She's wishy-washy about a return to the Invicta FC cage.

/

The 31-year-old Brazilian, who is scheduled to fight Lina Lansberg this September at UFC Fight Night 95, appeared at one time to be far more interested in a future fight against the Aussie striker. "Cyborg" made several posts about the matter on Twitter, asking fans if they think Anderson could make 140 pounds for a catchweight fight in the UFC, or if they would rather see them collide in a 145-pound title fight in Invicta FC.

But now after dozens of fight fans -- and Dandois herself -- harassed her on Twitter, "Cyborg" seems to have changed her tune about wanting to fight Anderson next...

/

Personally I don't think Elsa has a legit claim for the title at all. She needs to show way more, get a lot more active and get several big wins together at 145 before she becomes relevant for Cyborg. So she has 3 mixed kids and the father has disappeared and she has only fought 3 times in the last 5 years. Is that Cyborg's problem? Her win against Anderson was ok but beating Duke at 135 is meaningless and the first fight of the 3 she got subbed at 135. She shouldn't be allowed to talk her way into something she doesn't deserve just by being annoying on Twitter for long enough.

Anderson is the right fight to take for Cris, she can get on that once she has wiped the floor with Lansberg. Preferably at 145.

11849035_738664506263247_1921639628_n.jpg

RDP_6436-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I was scrolling down like <25>
but that soon changed to<6>

but on a serious note if the battlecat is willing to sacrifice herself then the bravery of that alone warrants her a chance. I really like watching cyborg destroy people.

how many buzzwords can i put in my thread title?

definitely not reading that shit.

Let Cyborg smash her into brain damage and get it over with

She should talk less and win more fights. Then she will have earned a title shot instead of trying to talk her way into one. There is only one Chael Sonnen.

She should just "let it go" and get on with her workouts..............

Cyborg shouldn't worry about what retard fans think. They are gonna hate on her no matter what. They will say she needs to fight Megan in this thread and when it's announced they will just do a 180 and say she is ducking Cindy. They will never be happy with Cyborg, she needs to just embrace that role and troll everyone. Saying she is the goat, she will beat the fuck out of your fav Wmma and drink your tears. Deal with it.

She is just too nice though, she is a very sweet person so she won't act like that. I would laugh my ass off if she did though

holy shit that cyborg picture almost made my dick detach from my body and hang itself

IMO, They should all come to UFC BW division.

so she fucked herself up by pulling out of the Cyborg she had scheduled.
she needs to just stfu & count herself lucky she didn't get her arse beat.

the article you linked to has nothing to do with Dandois.. what is this nonsense.

so she fucked herself up by pulling out of the Cyborg she had scheduled.
she needs to just stfu & count herself lucky she didn't get her arse beat.

TS fails to mention that Cyborg pulled out of their agreed 140lb matchup in December.

And Megan isnt ready, shes been fighting for three years.

Cyborg nuthugger just starting more threads whining about how Cris should carry on fighting girls with no experience..

Sure theres a 1-2 fighter out there she hasnt beaten yet..

sloth-yawn-cute.gif

Back