The Story of why i left Riot Games

Was an answer during Q&A and then presented on display as a talking point during their presentation for hiring practices. Which meant it was a premeditated comment.

Im a bit confused that a comments origin discrediting rape allegations being etched into a corporations hiring practices is viewed as "being a bunch of pussies".

The one using the term as a talking point during the presentation was a woman, Nancy Hilpert. Riot's Lead of Recruiting. I'm not sure why she wasn't upset?
Admittedly I don't really see a reason to get so upset with double entendre either. Especially when it's actually applicable; like in a case where being persistent paid off in Riot hiring the talent they sought.

You're such an idiot. Do you not realize you are that which you hate?

No, he is not a big baby. He is a real man who doesn't need to use horrible language to feel like more of a man. He knows who he is and he has enough confidence to walk away from a company because at the end of the day he values his beliefs more than a job. Clearly, the guy is an intelligent dude to be working for all these companies. Stop being a hater.

Come on, dude. Did you even read the article? He left because, and I quote:
Outside of those two meetings, no one else ever talked to me about that incident, including people I was close to who were on that email thread based on my email to Brandon. I had the strong impression that the incident was something we were never to speak of again. However, things clearly changed and began to get a bit weird. I realized my future at Riot was now limited and would need to start looking for something else.

This should be a professional workplace where people can come in and share their ideas to make the game as great as possible. Nobody wants to hear this shit all day, this guy just wanted to do his job. I know exactly how he feels because if you play games online this is exactly how guys talk. I guess I can't say I'm surprised considering how many males in the gaming industry and incels.

Ehh, I mean, I don't know. According to the article that's exactly what a lot of Riot employees want to hear all day. It was also enough to stunt Barry Hawkins' growth in the company when he spoke up and acted against it.

Regarding your first statement, though, if you think Riot would rather be worth billions or be a professional workplace, I guess we can safely say the choice they made wasn't the latter option.

Talking about raping wives and sucking dick is absolutely not appropriate in a corporate environment. There is a big difference between talking with your buddy at work and talking like that in a meeting and putting it on official training documents. It would get very tiring very quickly having to work every day with insecure man-children who need to talk like a 13 year old to feel comfortable.

Same with the word ':eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:' . I used to use the word when I was younger, and in a way that equated to basically calling someone a 'bitch' or something similar and not because I dislike gay people. Nowadays I never say it out loud although I do use it sometimes when messaging certain friends (the ones I grew up with and used it the same way I do)

Was that word one that starts with N and rhymes with Trigger, or one that starts with F and rhymes with Maggot?
Just wondering.
#fuckcensorship

Was that word one that starts with N and rhymes with Trigger, or one that starts with F and rhymes with Maggot?
Just wondering.
#fuckcensorship

Read the whole paragraph and then think about why he would mention gay people when discussing using the N word.

Uttering a joke like "no doesn't mean no" is one thing.. that's no big deal IMO.

But if, after you put it in print, someone points out that it's offensive, being a rape joke and all, the correct behavior is to apologize and remove the comments, then thank the person for pointing it out.

It's funny to me how many people get offended at other people getting offended.

"THEM SNOWFLAKES AINT GONNA LET ME SAY :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ANYMORE POOOOHOOOOHOOO"

lol

Uttering a joke like "no doesn't mean no" is one thing.. that's no big deal IMO.

But if, after you put it in print, someone points out that it's offensive, being a rape joke and all, the correct behavior is to apologize and remove the comments, then thank the person for pointing it out.

it's not even that. it's just old skool sales MO (overcoming objections). if salesmen gave up upon the first time a (potential) customer said no, the economy would have taken different/shittier direction. and salesmen that can't get past basic 'no/not interested' get fired/quit real fast. given that this pertains to headhunting, the context was obvious.

it's part of business. trigglypuffs can't comprehend this since they're a bunch of commies... and are too stupid/delusional (ie: "free" money) and perpetually offended.

Last edited:

No, it's not. The rest of us are done kowtowing to excessively sensitive, wailing whiners because it serves a shared political agenda.

Get a sense of humor, or shut up, and sit down.

Nowadays I never say it out loud although I do use it sometimes when messaging certain friends (the ones I grew up with and used it the same way I do)

sure you don't say it anymore...but you are thinking it. Off to the gas chamber!!!

sure you don't say it anymore...but you are thinking it. Off to the gas chamber!!!

speaking of, it's weird that anti-semitism is 'progressive' now. i even unironically heard jews being called "nazis" by leftists. plural.

That guy in the article looks and acts like such a wimp, you can literally walk over, pick up his wife over your shoulder, walk away, and he won't do shit about it.

You guys cry about not being able to offend people waaaaaaay more than people who are offended complain.

When Trump says grab em by the pussy, he's not talking about giving you guys a hug.

Edgelords are just as bad as SJW. I grew up playing video games and using all the types of shit talking involved in gaming culture but it just feels wrong to use the word rape now. Mostly because I started noticing how awkward things got when someone would make a joke using the word 'rape' near women ("wow get raped, damn they got raped etc."). Back when my friends and I would say it more often it'd be online or when it was just us playing video games in a room, but when it started creeping into other social activities/events it just felt really wrong and stupid.

Same with the word ':eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:' . I used to use the word when I was younger, and in a way that equated to basically calling someone a 'bitch' or something similar and not because I dislike gay people. Nowadays I never say it out loud although I do use it sometimes when messaging certain friends (the ones I grew up with and used it the same way I do)

Same here. Especially with the 2nd one you mentioned. Theres lots of LGBT people at my work that I see every day so I've learned to stop using that word. I started getting my friends to say 'silly billy' instead which is ridiculous and they made fun of me a lot at first, using the term to mock me. But I think it actually made them stop using the word now too lol. As I've matured I've learned people are overly sensitive these days, and a word I may use in good fun with no harm intended can offend someone and get me in trouble, so I'm definitely learning to curb my language.

You guys cry about not being able to offend people waaaaaaay more than people who are offended complain.

When Trump says grab em by the pussy, he's not talking about giving you guys a hug.
Except that's bullshit, or this thread wouldn't exist.

Back