The Story of why i left Riot Games

You're in for a treat, but maybe not because you're rightfully being compared to this silly woman.

Those people are idiots. What does that have anything to do with the writer of the article? You're so trapped in your partisan dogma that you can't differentiate between a guy who expects professionalism in a well known company vs some kids seeking attention.

Explain to me how this man is the same of those freaks in the video. But I know you will not attempt to make any intelligent response

And this came out a few weeks ago

https://kotaku.com/inside-the-culture-of-sexism-at-riot-games-1828165483

I just laugh at this part

One former Riot employee who presented as a woman, for example, has always played role-playing games, and said as much during their 2014 phone interview for a position at Riot not at all adjacent to games development. The interviewer then asked if they played “real games like Call of Duty,” they recalled. “He kept going, kept rephrasing the question, no matter how many times I listed all the things I played,” they said. “In the end, he asked, ‘If someone just met you, how would they know you’re a gamer?’ I said, ‘Well, I’m looking at my TV right now that has 16 game consoles plugged into it.’”

yay, another virtue signaling pussy waving a cuck flag so the trigglypuffs know he's such a great and wonderful person.

tl;dr - the guy who left is a big baby.

Jesus dude, I don't think you crammed enough alt-right dork/incel catchphrases in there because you don't have a point nor do you understand how a massive corporate workplace should function in a professional manner.

Nope, I hate him even more.

Found his form of writing engaging. Where he established it was a topic he didnt care much about. Until eventually forced upon him in addressing by his mentees concerns.

Found his form of writing engaging. Where he established it was a topic he didnt care much about. Until eventually forced upon him in addressing by his mentees concerns.
Perhaps, but I don't think so. I read that account much differently. His writing made it clear he was offended deeply, long before that, by the so-called toxic masculinity within his office, and was just looking for some watershed moment, no matter how trivial, flanked by set pieces ready to play the role of victim, in order to stage his play, and perpetrate his white knight martyrdom; a martyrdom that doesn't mean anything because he's preaching to the choir both within his field and the wider plots of real estate it inhabits while boasting a work history that obviously suggests he won't struggle the tiniest bit to find new, lucrative employment.

I don't begrudge him that. He's obviously brilliant at what he does, and worth it. I just wish he would save the dinner theater for after-hours.

I agree, and it sounds like the people bashing him for being triggered and white knighting are the ones actually getting triggered by the article lmao. He sounded really objective in the article and I never felt like he was going out of his way to shit on the company or people. My take on the article is that while he disliked aspects of the culture, he ultimately did not have a huge problem with it and did not see it as a major problem until the conference and then getting feedback from others.

In the end I think if someone dislikes their company culture then it's up to them to leave because one person likely won't make a difference and it'd be weird to try to change the whole company for the sake of one person. However, when it appears it could possibly be affecting a large group of people (women) I don't see an issue with trying to address it. Especially in the tech field where women are often looked down upon (no data to back this up aside from hearing from women and seeing how people act to them).

Jesus dude, I don't think you crammed enough alt-right dork/incel catchphrases in there because you don't have a point nor do you understand how a massive corporate workplace should function in a professional manner.

...the whiny tard from the article was upset that the corporate culture didn't meltdown over a joke. repeatedly. he was the cancer who wanted profession to be trumped by sjw politics.

what you said was assbackwards.

Those people are idiots. What does that have anything to do with the writer of the article? You're so trapped in your partisan dogma that you can't differentiate between a guy who expects professionalism in a well known company vs some kids seeking attention.

Explain to me how this man is the same of those freaks in the video. But I know you will not attempt to make any intelligent response

it's as if they put identity politics (and the virtue signaling that comes with them) above their job/roles, or something. it's as if gamergate was a thing, or something.

your willful ignorance isn't anyone else's burden but yours.

Guy didn't like his workplace, left, then whined about it.

Seems everyone benefits from his departure. He wont be subjected to such horrible displays of guys being guys, and they wont have to deal with such a stick in the mud. Should have ended there, but he had to cry about it. Still, it is his right, so cry on, you crazy diamond.

I agree, and it sounds like the people bashing him for being triggered and white knighting are the ones actually getting triggered by the article lmao. He sounded really objective in the article and I never felt like he was going out of his way to shit on the company or people. My take on the article is that while he disliked aspects of the culture, he ultimately did not have a huge problem with it and did not see it as a major problem until the conference and then getting feedback from others.

In the end I think if someone dislikes their company culture then it's up to them to leave because one person likely won't make a difference and it'd be weird to try to change the whole company for the sake of one person. However, when it appears it could possibly be affecting a large group of people (women) I don't see an issue with trying to address it. Especially in the tech field where women are often looked down upon (no data to back this up aside from hearing from women and seeing how people act to them).
A woman was the one who presented the overhead.

Two women complained to him. So three people in that entire company had a grievous issue with it. The company has over 1,000 employees.

It sounds to me like him going his own way, as you said, was the ideal solution.

A woman was the one who presented the overhead.

Two women complained to him. So three people in that entire company had a grievous issue with it. The company has over 1,000 employees.

It sounds to me like him going his own way, as you said, was the ideal solution.

We're clearly not going to agree on this. I think it's ridiculous to believe that only two people speaking up about it means they are the only two who are offended. But at the same time I agree that generally speaking it's difficult to gauge how much of an issue something is unless people do speak up. I do believe if the women were asked and promised anonymity they would speak up more about it- but at the same time I believe it likely isn't a MAJOR issue since they continue to work there. I do think toning down sexism and rape joke type of stuff is not something that would severely alter the company culture and would have the added benefit of not making women feel uncomfortable. But we'll just have to agree to disagree

i like how you're trying to make this about women. hahaha. you're basically demonstrating the problem while somehow being blind to it.

I don't have to explain anything to you. You asked who TrigglyPuff was and I provided you with the knowledge. People shouldn't have to follow some generic persons expectations when it comes to speech. This guy in the article felt like he was some kind of self appointed speech czar...who the fuck told him he was there to tell people how they should speak and behave?

Anyways, I have nothing more to add to this thread. It's an absurd article and bunch of bullshit over some virtue signaling clown who believes he's better than everybody else because he uses different language? He speaks about himself as though he's the greatest person in the room at all times and it's fucking patronizing to read his writing.

In the end I think if someone dislikes their company culture then it's up to them to leave because one person likely won't make a difference and it'd be weird to try to change the whole company for the sake of one person.
We're clearly not going to agree on this.
T7SJ.gif

I had thought we just did.

T7SJ.gif

I had thought we just did.

Lol yes I agree by the end of the whole thing it was best for him to move on. I do not think after all that if he still had an issue that he should have continued to fight against the culture.

We do not agree on some other parts related to the article.

This article is good for him and good for Riot, even if that's not apparent.

Riot made it's decisions as far as what it's values are. An article like this will only help them attract the type of talent they want and will deter talent that wouldn't be a good fit, as well. So while I think this guy might have taken some of what happened at Riot too personally, it's fine he came out and at least laid out what happened. I can separate what I think is the fly shit from the pepper.

https://www.altchar.com/games-news/575867/riot-games-prohibit-men-in-a-panel-call-fans-manbabies

Riot Games prohibit men attending a panel, call fans manbabies

Riot Games will be hosting sessions during PAX West on several topics in the industry in order to support women and non-binary people. The goal is noble but execution is wrong, as they apparently decided to fight sexism with more sexism.

Riot Games' PR blunders are on a roll it seems, as toxic workplace mentality has been previously exposed by several male and female employees interviewed by Kotaku's Cecilia D'Anastasio, which resulted in the company's big apology with a promise to change the workplace behaviour so the women wouldn't be treated unfairly in the future.

Just days after the apology, however, Riot Games announced that the PAX West sessions held in Room 613 will be exclusive to women and non-binary people until 14:30, actively banning those who identify as men from entering that particular room. It seems they have taken "fight fire with fire" approach, which is definitely not helping anyone.

The sessions include interesting topics such as art and champion design, production careers, game design and advanced cosplay. Needless to say many of these topics are appealing to a wide spectrum of people, but men will be denied the opportunity to attend. This quickly sparked an outrage when fans started protesting on Reddit.

To say that some of Riot employees' response was inadequate would be an understatement. Systems designer, Daniel Z. Klein claims that "sexism against men" doesn't make sense as a concept because men are privileged. Sexism is a form of discrimination. When a person is not allowed to enter a room simply because they identify as a man, it's discrimination.

Anyway, Klein continued to justify his statements by saying that "when one group has too much and one has too little, some must be taken from the group that has too much". This would indeed be the case if Riot Games were presented with a situation with Pareto efficiency, but there is no indication that the room would be so crowded someone would have to leave in order to make place for a woman or a non-binary person.

He then proceeded to call the fans who thought this exclusion was unjustified "manbabies" that he hopes will grow up some day. The tweet chain continued with Klein's wish to reject perceived manbabies in a rather odd message, as he apparently attempted to expunge them from gaming.

A lot of companies who've taken this SJW approach of insulting and rejecting male gamers from some supposed moral high ground have found that it doesn't exactly drive sales. League Of Legends has a pretty big following as an e-sport, though. There's money to be lost for gamers too.

I like that a false SJW definition of discrimination was given by the spokesmen, so it's very clear what they are.

I was in a top 20 regional team that played LoL...was. Team split, half basically told Riot Games to fuck off.

If you are going to public ally say you do not believe in competition when your biggest money maker is BASED OFF OF IT expect bad results to follow. I find myself unable to do anything that will help bring money into a company that is basically going to produce subpar products in the future because they dont hire the best and reward mediocrity.

Back