The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enterprise premiered 17 years ago today. It opened with the great first 2 hour episode, broken bow.

I wonder if its because they have the Enterprise D coming as a addon for there bridge commander ps4 game. Things like this they really should work with the fans. They weren't trying to sell it or make money. They should work with them, and make it an actual release. I would buy a proper VR set up, if this came out in VR.

There already is a TNG expansion for Bridge Crew I believe.

So you said you needed a new PC?

5b3b805662ae477a98de51d97724579e.jpg

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/lenovo-unveils-star-trek-enterprise-pc/#/3

I feel like I need this. I already have a UFP wallpaper on my work notebook that briefly shows whenever I start a PowerPoint presentation :)

Is that a Romulan Empire sign?
I don't think so. In the trailer you can see it looks almost like an angelic figure walking. It does look like the war bird in this image. Im hoping for something new, maybe like the Tzenkethi. The Federation had interactions with them at this time, but they have never been seen in a series. In the books they are somewhat humanoids, with and have fluid filled sacks around an exoskeleton, and are filled with ultraviolet lights. Almost like a cuttlefish. But they are also said to look beautiful and angelic. They are an advance species, but have a monarchy with a strict caste based society.

An episode of DS9 they are mentioned. It was when a changeling was on board the defiant and took control of the ship. It was sending them into Tzenkethi space, to attack the home world, which would have brought them into the war against the Federation. Luckily Odo came t the rescue and nuked the intruder on the warp core.

Happy 70th Bday to the great captain Sisko

Avery Brooks

In the past week I have happened to see parts of TNG premiere, encounter at far point; and a few days later VOY, Caretaker.

This lead me to thinking which series do you think had the best premiere episode, and which had the best finale. Here's mine,

Best premiere: Enterprise, Broken Bow. This may come as a surprise to many, but this is my favorite premiere. The story was well crafted, and beautifully shot. Brought the crew and ship together in a unique way. It cost a reported 15 million to shoot, but it shows. The sets were amazing, and the cgi was good for early 2000s. It got Enterprise of to a great start, and got fantastic ratings, sadly the rest of season 1, didn't meet its same standard of quality

Best finale, TNG, All good things. This is an easy choice. This should have been the first TNG film. Kinda interesting that Brannon Braga and Ronald D Moore, wrote both all good things, and Generations. They spent nearly a year writing Generations, yet wrote All good things, last minute in a week. I truly think all good things is the best TV finale I have ever seen period.

What's your favorites?

I agree that Broken Bow was the best premiere. I give "What You Leave Behind" a slight edge over "All Good Things" though for best finale. "What You Leave Behind" wrapped everything up pretty nicely and left you feeling nostalgic.

I agree that Broken Bow was the best premiere. I give "What You Leave Behind" a slight edge over "All Good Things" though for best finale. "What You Leave Behind" wrapped everything up pretty nicely and left you feeling nostalgic.

I remember almost tearing up at the end of What you left behind, when Jake and Kira are together staring into the wormhole.

I remember almost tearing up at the end of What you left behind, when Jake and Kira are together staring into the wormhole.
I experienced several life-changing events throughout Deep Space Nine's run, and the show serves to remind me of many things that are just gone forever, so "What You Leave Behind" is particularly meaningful to me.

I experienced several life-changing events throughout Deep Space Nine's run, and the show serves to remind me of many things that are just gone forever, so "What You Leave Behind" is particularly meaningful to me.
You should order the new DS9 doc that comes out this month, What we left behind, by Ira Steven Bher. Its all about DS9, and they reunite the writing team, to write what would've been season 8.

You should order the new DS9 doc that comes out this month, What we left behind, by Ira Steven Bher. Its all about DS9, and they reunite the writing team, to write what would've been season 8.
Just pre-ordered it.

Great job for playing Keiko , but she gives Miles a hard time.

First episode of Short treks has come out. It was actually pretty good. It focused on Tilly, and her dealing with a stowaway.

Wow that's an amazing trailer. Anyone else see Klingons that look like Klingons?!? Told you that would happen. Season 2 premieres in January

I still want an animated Destiny series. That would be incredibly awesome.

@Adamant you haven' checked in, meaning you did not read it yet. Do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back