The Spreadsheet Thread

If you are going to run Sheiko, Chase's spreadsheet is the most valuable resource on the net, IMO. Even if Talmant refuses to credit him.

Which, if you read that thread, is included in it for download after the 13 week "intro" routine is posted.

Which, if you read that thread, is included in it for download after the 13 week "intro" routine is posted.

Yeah, I know it was there. However, in other places on the net, including PL watch, Talmant uses the sheet but fails to credit Chase, even when called out on it.

Awesome resource here, I really like the deadlift calc calvus

Awesome resource here, I really like the deadlift calc calvus

Thanks - I really liked that program! It was tough, but lots of fun! I'm running it again in July.

Im looking at the texas method spreadsheet Tosa posted, but the formatting got a little messed up in my version of excel. In a cell that say just "1" , "2", or "3" does that mean 1rep, 2rep, 3reps? Should it be done like 5/3/1 with 1+ rep, 2+ reps, 3+ reps, or is it better to just meet the prescribed reps?

Interesting. This has gotten me thinking about putting together a spreadsheet of my own program, which is basically a hybrid of 5/3/1's wave periodization and percentage scheme and Westside's max-effort/dynamic-effort split and approach to assistance exercise cycling. It's also a five-day split, not a four-day split.

I don't know how the hell to put together a spreadsheet, nor do I want to recommend my program, but perhaps I'll do it. I've been meaning to write a more detailed description of my training anyway.

Interesting. This has gotten me thinking about putting together a spreadsheet of my own program, which is basically a hybrid of 5/3/1's wave periodization and percentage scheme and Westside's max-effort/dynamic-effort split and approach to assistance exercise cycling. It's also a five-day split, not a four-day split.

I don't know how the hell to put together a spreadsheet, nor do I want to recommend my program, but perhaps I'll do it. I've been meaning to write a more detailed description of my training anyway.

I can help you with the Excel stuff if you need it. I'm really interesting in your training - so if you put together an outline or start the spreadsheet, I can fix it up for you. PM me & let me know...

Can we get Chia's routine in spreadsheet format? It may take someone who went to school for excel though...

Can we get Chia's routine in spreadsheet format? It may take someone who went to school for excel though...

I'd have to upgrade my computer to be able to handle his curl routine.

On a related note, anybody have any info on the Brian Godsen Training System?
I'd like to take a look at that if anybody has details/

I can help you with the Excel stuff if you need it. I'm really interesting in your training - so if you put together an outline or start the spreadsheet, I can fix it up for you. PM me & let me know...

Sounds great. I've been working on it and I'll let you know in a few days when I'm ready. I did a spreadsheet, but it'll probably need some work.

BITD when I was racing my bicycle, I set up a spreadsheet with weight, waking temperature, waking heart rate, standing heart rate, & hours of sleep the night before.

Then, a column with my 5 day rolling average of my weight, 5 day rolling average of my temperature, waking heart rate, & (standing heart rate)-(waking heart rate).

Was invaluable in preventing overtraining.

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where people can post useful spreadsheets that they've created or found.

Here is the 5/3/1 spreadsheet that I use. I found it in another thread here and modified it so it uses specific increases instead of percentages. I also modified it so it has 3 worksheets: the two progressions outlined in Wendler's eBook plus the Matt Rhodes variation.

edit: Uber1 contains the two original programs plus the Matt Rhodes/Powerlifting variations. Uber2 contains the squat/bench 2x variation, a maintenance program and a couple simple calculators. If I left them all in one spreadsheet it is bigger than the max file size for a zip file. Stupid Sherdog.

drbdan is there any way you can give me links to these spreadsheets particularly the matt rhodes and the maintenance program id like to look at those?

I cannot download the spreadsheets that's been posted in here. If someone could send it to me. I'd really appreciate it. [email protected] << My e-add. Thanks a lot man.

Thanks - I really liked that program! It was tough, but lots of fun! I'm running it again in July.

Much appreciated, I'll be using this WHEN ... someone fills me in
I put in 60kg as my one rep max as a test but the program states the below:

Deadlift (75%): 1x2 @ 105 kg
Speed deadlift (60%): 8x3 @ 85 kg (90 sec rest b/w sets)
3 circuits (rest 90sec between exercises, 2-3 minutes between circuits):
Stiff-leg deadlift: 8 reps
Bent over row: 8 reps
Underhand (reverse) grip lat pulldown: 8 reps
Arched back good morning: 8 reps

If I put in 60 as my 1RM how will I lift 85 for 8, let alone 105 for 2?
What am I missing? Please enlighten the skinny boy who wants legs:icon_cry2

Back