The Spartan Workout

Most those guys on the 300 workout got fat shortly after the movie. CGI and tanning was used. Its a simple fact. Their training was unsustainable and probably unhealthy.

Most those guys on the 300 workout got fat shortly after the movie. CGI and tanning was used. Its a simple fact. Their training was unsustainable and probably unhealthy.

This is true; I can't do their stuff year round without over-training. That's why I just do it in prep for beach season (tanning too, of course).

Mark Twight on that particular subject: http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge/article/300-opinions/

"I have read that it was all CGI, make-up, steroids, etc. However, no one has come right out and said, "those guys worked really hard and had the self-discipline to control what they put into their mouths." Which is what I suggest: have the self-discipline to control what comes out of your mouth, especially if you are ignorant about the topic being discussed."

I'm not saying they didn't diet down and get lean, but the images you see in the movie are very exaggerated and likely unattainable for the majority of people (excepting genetic outliers).

That with nice camera angles can make a 5'6 150 lb person look jacked.

I will concede that most people won't be able to sustain such a physique year-round. However, it's one thing to say that- it's another thing to say that it's unattainable in the first place.

gerard-butler-fat-vs-300-shirtless.jpg

this is sparta

Mark Twight on that particular subject: http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge/article/300-opinions/

"I have read that it was all CGI, make-up, steroids, etc. However, no one has come right out and said, "those guys worked really hard and had the self-discipline to control what they put into their mouths." Which is what I suggest: have the self-discipline to control what comes out of your mouth, especially if you are ignorant about the topic being discussed."

Gerard-Butler-300-Workout.jpg

Butler on the set

and then

images

oh and

gerard-butler-300-spartan-training.jpg

If you don't believe they edited and airbrushed for the final cut you are a twit

i think we can all agree that yes they got in good shape, but fuck yes they enhanced it for the movie.

IIRC, Butler did some bodybuilding type training in addition to the Mark Twight training, and was feeling pretty beaten up by the end of the whole process.

id imagine so. that is a lot of gain in a very short time and very rigorous traning.

Back