The size difference is too much.

Costa is definitely going to have a lot more weight on him
but if the match goes deep, I think that's advantage to Izzy

Ummm If that was the case then Lesnar would have destroyed Cain Velasquez. All that muscle will do him no favors. Paulo is going to miss a lot, probably get tired. Not to mention he his very hittable. Romero landed 30 significant strikes against Adesanya in five rounds, while he landed over a hundred on Costa in a 3 round fight.

He needs to have a more patient approach, pick his shots better, and DONT bite on Izzy’s feints.

I think it becomes more relevant at the heavier weights. Within the confines of the 185 division this kind of element just doesn't pack the same kind of punch as it does at 240+. This fight will all come down to how patient, and how much of a stalker Costa can be against Adesanya. We know what Israel is bringing- he's not going to do anything different. If Costa does not bring something different he will lose.

Having said that nothing would make me happier than to see Paulo beat the ever loving piss out of that anime fan.
What’s wrong with anime?

Ummm If that was the case then Lesnar would have destroyed Cain Velasquez. All that muscle will do him no favors. Paulo is going to miss a lot, probably get tired. Not to mention he his very hittable. Romero landed 30 significant strikes against Adesanya in five rounds, while he landed over a hundred on Costa in a 3 round fight.

He needs to have a more patient approach, pick his shots better, and DONT bite on Izzy’s feints.
Guys like him don’t change and counterpunchers don’t change either.

Would you rather be more bulkier or long and lean? I still feel fighters with the length always have the advantage

Well by that logic Izzy only landed 40-something on Romero over 5 rounds while Costa landed 100+

How many times do people talk about size and how often does it really matter?

Costa is the hardest hitting MW ever

Name someone who hits harder, I'll wait
Love Costa. He has impressive power given his high volume. But:

Manhoef. Cannonier. Henderson. Marquardt. Romero, Calvacante, Leben, probably Jacare all hit harder.

Anderson, Hall and Rockhold kick harder.

Weidman probably punches just as hard or harder.

Still, in comparison romero didn’t land more strikes on Israel than Israel did him.

Well the difference was less than 10 strikes + Romero landed more to the head + he missed less than Israel.
And Costa pressured Romero and traded with him whereas Izzy avoided Romero like the plague.

You can't compare Ngannou to Costa, Costa does not have that one hitter quitter power, he's a volume puncher.

True, but that left hook Costa has is a nasty punch. That's the shot that dropped Romero and finished Hall.

DJ is more skilled than Ortega

Would he beat him in a fight?
Way to use lower weights to compare. The bigger u get the less size actually matters. Hence why guys can go from 185 and 205 and not be that much weaker or smaller, even heavyweights when a guy is 240 vs 260 there isnt some huge size advantage. Plus izzy is taller, that counts as size in a way too.

Guy, it's a fight... Put your guesses on the books with money, or just watch and find out.

Me thinks this fight looks like Izzy vs Whittaker

Obviously Izzy is the more technical striker but so was Rozenstruik against Ngannou.

Costa looked strong and healthy on the scale, he will be above 213 this time tomorrow.

Izzy on the other hand weighed in at 184 with some heavy necklace looking thing around his neck. He will be 195 at most on fight night.

Size matters folks, Israel is a dead man.

Speed and timing matters more than size. I'm going with Costa but anyone who is sure Costa wins is kinda putting the cart in front of the horse. If Costa is smart he'll take Izzy down in the second to tire him out and make him slower - and finish with TKO in 3rd. If that doesn't happen I think Izzy wins decision. I dunno, Costa surprised me with Yoel. We are all winners - great fukin fight, I'm excited

Back