The size difference is too much.

There won't be a 20 pounds difference. Costa start his water cut at around 207.So at most there will be a 10 or 12 pounds difference.

Nope he was at 91kg=200 lbs two days ago

It's 20lbs, and for a pressure puncher like Costa that is a huge advantage

Costa is one of the most powerful punchers in MMA
They are not 20lbs apart, Costa at his heaviest recorded weight was 217lbs against Romero who was 211lbs iirc, Adesanya should be around 200lbs imo, UFC needs to do fight night weigh-ins every where, so far only California does this and then this talk would have some facts.

Costas power is so overrated.

He's a volume pressure striker. He's not a one hitta quitta.

Plus he has short arms and swings wild hooks.

Adesanya is going to pick him apart.
^^^^^^^^ All of this

Obviously Izzy is the more technical striker but so was Rozenstruik against Ngannou.

Costa looked strong and healthy on the scale, he will be above 213 this time tomorrow.

Izzy on the other hand weighed in at 184 with some heavy necklace looking thing around his neck. He will be 195 at most on fight night.

Size matters folks, Israel is a dead man.

This is exactly why Muhammed Ali stood no chance against George Foreman and was possibly going to get maimed or killed in their fight. Or so people like you said.

This is why Cain got destroyed so horribly by Brock Lesnar, I guess.

Muscle is costly, metabolically. Having an extra 20 lbs of muscle means it needs that much more oxygen, glycogen, and will accumulate that much more lactic acid, faster, than Izzy will.

So, really, it depends on how the fight plays out.

You should watch Costa vlog on YouTube. He started his water cut at around 207 pounds. So at most he will be rehydrated back to 204 in fight night.
Every time someone like you points something like this out, the re-hydration weight goes up by 5 lbs.

It's been a while since i've been legit excited for a fight.

How many times have we been through this?

Costa's size will be advantageous in the early going. If he doesn't get it done though, it could ultimately be his downfall.

As Izzy said, and I agree with him you don't just win based on size, you win based on skills.
LOL! Tell that to most of Brock Lesnar's opponents!

There's a significant weight difference between those two, but it probably won't matter too much. Either Costa hurts Adesanya early on and finishes the fight within first 2 rounds, or he gets knocked out later in the fight. Unfortunately, I believe the latter will happen.
Costa have been training with Cejudo, I hope we see NCAA Costa show up and straight ragdoll the lanklet.

Yeah cuz no one has ever beaten anyone bigger than them ever.

Jack dempsey didn't.
Stipe miocic didn't.
Black diamond didn't.
Matt serra didn't.
Don fry didn't.
Fedor didn't.
Cro cop didn't.

Costa is the hardest hitting MW ever

Name someone who hits harder, I'll wait

Dan Henderson

Vitor Belfort

Anderson Silva

Melvin fucking Manhoef

Costa has fought one good fighter, and he was 40 and unable to use his base martial art. He certainly can beat Izzy, because if Gastelum can land Costa can too. But, let's not act like Costa has dim mak death touch type power.

Sometimes its good to refresh on footage while thinking about the match up at hand and the more I do the more I like Israel but on the flip side the more I do the more I like Costa's pressure, distance he keeps while pressuring and his shot selection albeit wild at times that will get him countered a lot. Does Israel stay off the gas and give away rounds? Does Israel snipe him beautifully for a decision or till he finds that sweet spot? It's such an intriguing and fantastic fight! They both have a lot of positives and negatives going into this one imo.

In mma we are all wrong about 30-40% of the time so I always find it wacky (bullshit or ignorance) when people are so confident in these fights. I lean Israel cause he's just the much better technical striker with great counters on a wild striker, but pressure and pace can change everything. There's a million little things about this fight, but on a very basic level that's the biggest thing for me in this fight.

Costa is the hardest hitting MW ever

Name someone who hits harder, I'll wait

I have never seen a post from you that made much sense =/ I mean this is just plain idiotic.

Obviously Izzy is the more technical striker but so was Rozenstruik against Ngannou.

Costa looked strong and healthy on the scale, he will be above 213 this time tomorrow.

Izzy on the other hand weighed in at 184 with some heavy necklace looking thing around his neck. He will be 195 at most on fight night.

Size matters folks, Israel is a dead man.
I thought real weigh ins were before the press weigh in. Not so on fight island?

Costa = Romero , Izzy will win this much easier if costa comes out swinging

Costa aint ngannou, he doesn't have KO power. Cannonier is the future champ.
Cannon iirc has 3 losses since moving down from HW. All at LHW: Jan and Reyes, who are fighting for the belt and Glover, who is likely next if he beats Marreta.
Dude is a great fit at MW.

Last edited:
He beat Yoel pretty easily and without breaking a sweat or getting hit. So, Costa's size isn't a factor.

Back