The size difference is too much.

As Izzy said, and I agree with him you don't just win based on size, you win based on skills.
you could win based on size.....you could win based on skills.....you could win based on a judge not watching the fight very closely .....you can win by fluke.....you can win by the opponet giving up as soon as the fight starts....you can win by your opponent making a mistake...hell you could win by making your own "mistake" ................theres a hundred different ways to win...Izzy just trying to grab at something

Izzy is longer, faster,arguably better cardio and more technical and its not like Costa is some kinda 1 touch of death k.o artist which is where the size would pay dividend

Costa is a volume finisher and Izzy is good at keeping his distance (running). Size won't matter in this fight unless Costa decides to hold Izzy against the cage, which he should do btw.

They are in 2 different weight classes.
What could possibly be the problem.

you could win based on size.....you could win based on skills.....you could win based on a judge not watching the fight very closely .....you can win by fluke.....you can win by the opponet giving up as soon as the fight starts....you can win by your opponent making a mistake...hell you could win by making your own "mistake" ................theres a hundred different ways to win...Izzy just trying to grab at something

Of course there is a lot of variables, but I agree with the idea.

fortunately, whittaker doesnt have the size, power and chin that reyes has ...
I mean, has reyes chin ever been tested?

And yeah obv he doesn't have the size, but neither does Cannonier.

And his power will be plenty. It was plenty for Jacare and Romero.

Costa is the hardest hitting MW ever

Name someone who hits harder, I'll wait
You're wrong, so there's that. He has muscles.... big shiny ones.... Henderson has 1 punch KO'ed numerous guys.

Manhoef as well. He has like 10 KOs...Not TKOs...KOs

Costa has 1.

Costa looks surprisingly healthy on the scales considering his weight cut, he will be a monster in the ring. He is smarter than most give him credit for, he won't be as reckless as you think. Izzy better get his track shoes on.

IF there is lots of grappling involved then yes the weight can make a difference, but in the striking its so over-rated weight. It can add a tiny bit of power but can make you more slow too. The size difference is not enough to be anything extraordinary

JDS for example beat many guys who were strikers that were 25 Ibs+ heavier than him. Weight will make a difference if its a lot of grappling, that I don't deny.

I mean, has reyes chin ever been tested?

And yeah obv he doesn't have the size, but neither does Cannonier.

And his power will be plenty. It was plenty for Jacare and Romero.
oezdemir has real ko power, reyes should ve lost the fight, but he still wasn't dropped or even rocked by oezdemir. Reyes has 100 per cent a better chin then whittaker, that's for sure.

It's 20lbs, and for a pressure puncher like Costa that is a huge advantage

Costa is one of the most powerful punchers in MMA
lol, that's why he only has 1 KO win in his career ?? I can name 10 fighters who have better punching power p4p.

In this particular situation, I find t.s opinion " off" just due to the talent of Israel and although I see Costa being the bigger man, I dont see the type of difference hes implying. We'll see - hey biggest fight of the year and I can see any outcome. Costas biggest advantage would be if they are indeed fighting in this smaller/ WEC sized cage.... something I'm still unclear on.Thered be more of chance that Israel could get clubbed. I'm leaning towards champ as I'm seeing him get better with each fight . Uriah Hall was finding some success on the feet - being technicsl- before losing to Paulo and that wasnt THAT long ago.
Stoked....have feeling someone getting starched but hope it happens later in fight if it does.

Back