• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
I’m actually starting to think that Avenatti may have actually got punked by that website. And this lady was a quick back up to save face

It doesn’t even seem they got the story straight

f3aaefc1b817fbdcd3316e8d49cb6925ed405127035a0fc22053a82d158a7734.jpeg
I'm shocked that this didn't happen.

Is he? Is there more to this? I just find as a conservative he's awfully quick to criticize when some ideal isn't met. But I like a lot of what he says.

He makes sense a lot of the time but comes off very smug

His slap down if Maria Shriver will put him in the Hall of Fame though

He makes sense a lot of the time but comes off very smug

His slap down if Maria Shriver will put him in the Hall of Fame though

Yeah, he's very sharp, and I agree with a lot of what he says. Be he reminds me a ton of Maher where I don't know if either have any allegiance when it comes down to it. That's fine to an extent but sometimes pragmatism seems more appropriately used.

Well, the Democrats made it partisan from the start. As soon as he was nominated most of them were saying they would vote no. If they would have gone through the hearings, not tried to smear him, and then voted no it would be one thing. But that's not what happened.

Sure, I think she actually believes it happened. I'm just going off observing her testimony.

That being said, I am not convinced it did, and find it largely irrelevant since it seems to me to be 99.9999999% impossible for her to prove her version of the events.

Oh, and even if he did act improper, I don't think it's important enough to deny BK the role.

So, in a nutshell, I don't think she's lying, I think based on pure speculation she's mistaken.

I think BK lies about stupid shit like the drinking, year book comments etc. I don't think those are accidental mistakes, I think they are lies.

I'm just using judgment, and my opinion isn't worth more than pretty much anyone else's here.

What I do find most improper in all this is a judge who is supposed to be the poster boy for impartiality, and have a blindfold while carrying the scales of justice, went into a partisan revenge rant. That is actually what the biggest question mark about his fit is in my mind and the biggest problem with him I personally would have.

Even if he was a functioning alcoholic (and I mean if, not claiming he is), is a better look to me than having a potential SCOTUS judge talking about conspiracy theories and revenge.

Nothing slimy about it. You're making assumptions about what he meant. I'm not.

Not sure why you are so bitter. Don't get caught up in the apparent moral issues here. It's just a political strategy. And that's the trick I was pointing out. Once we discover that Kavanaugh wasn't hosting gang rape parties, we're going to be told that what he said about a drinking game was actually about naughty sex. And if that doesn't take we'll see him smeared as a pedophile for coaching young girls in basketball.
There's the basic problem. Of course, it's you making the assumption that people are grilling him about referring to farts, when they're actually (with complete justification) not buying his string of convenient explanations for things are obviously not what he claims.

Yeah, he's very sharp, and I agree with a lot of what he says. Be he reminds me a ton of Maher where I don't know if either have any allegiance when it comes down to it. That's fine to an extent but sometimes pragmatism seems more appropriately used.

He is a lot like Maher. Both remind me of some of the more long winded posters around here

Even when I agree with Ben or Bill I still envision myself punching them in the face if I was sitting next to them

On a different note, any conservatives find at times Ben Shapiro's commentary on the Kavanaugh hearings a little over the top? I feel he comes off as non-partisan, but still from the right, and no one for the most part is ever doing things well enough. His counterpart from the far left would be Bill Maher IMO. I agree with Ben more than Maher on most things (though Bill has the rare nugget of truth), but sometimes Ben comes across as a little unhinged and idealistic to a fault.

I noticed last night he has own show on Fox News. This must be fairly new. It seemed like he was script reading. He is best when debating people and speaking about subjects unscripted in my opinion.

Like most of the Dems attempts to obstruct Trump, this will likely bite them in their own asses.
For all the hand-wringing about how he undercuts social and political norms, there's been more undercutting of those norm s in opposition to him.

I’m actually starting to think that Avenatti may have actually got punked by that website. And this lady was a quick back up to save face

It doesn’t even seem they got the story straight

Yep. Had to bring in a ringer to save face. There's too many details in that 4chan post that line up. Wouldn't be surprised if he held a conference call with some other scumbag lawyers, and they got him in touch with this crazy bitch that's willing to do anything for a few grand.

LOFL!!!!!!
The 4 people this Sweatneck lady is saying went to parties with her

1 has said he does not know a Swetnick
1 is dead
The other 2 have not returned NBCs calls

I can assess the news without feeling compelled to pick a side on every issue.
I think predator 2 is as good as predator one but it’s just a different style of movie. Neither is an answer to my question

I pray this Swetnick lady speaks to the FBI

Is he? Is there more to this? I just find as a conservative he's awfully quick to criticize when some ideal isn't met. But I like a lot of what he says.

With the exception of his intermingling of religion and policy, yeah, he's culturally a Reagan Democrat / Bill Clinton Republican. He's the type of guy that will get outraged on cue if the Democrats call someone a "racist," and he ascribes an inordinate amount of credibility to government institutions (even though he occasion claims to want to reduce size of government). Economically, he's a neoliberal in the mold of any National Review Conservative, but Democrats have been on the free trade / no borders bandwagon since NAFTA was enacted. He's perfectly at home with 90's Democrats in that regard. The main problem is he's still humping this "think tank" version of Conservatism which drove the Republican Party into the ground. He still doesn't realize he's in a war, and only one side wins.

Well, the Democrats made it partisan from the start. As soon as he was nominated most of them were saying they would vote no. If they would have gone through the hearings, not tried to smear him, and then voted no it would be one thing. But that's not what happened.

And, this is where Jordan Peterson comes in about picking your words carefully.

BK should have said "These charges are false, and I feel that partisan politics may be involved in what's going on. I hope that that is not the case as I think that is unfair to me, and hurtful to me and the people close to me. My goal is, and always will be, to be the best judge I can be, and treat everything fairly to the best of my ability. I wish the political side of this confirmation hearing affords me the same."

Much better look than screaming "What comes around goes around!!!!"

I think predator 2 is as good as predator one but it’s just a different style of movie. Neither is an answer to my question
Sure it is. You asked what I would like to see happen. That calls for me to pick a preferred outcome, ie pick a side. I can assess the news without picking a side. This is a circumstance where I'm just going to assess the news, not pick a side.

Back