Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
It depends.

Am I a nominee for the Supreme Court of the United States of America?
Neither of us are in that seat. It's easy to snipe. You're one of the more level-headed people here. You know cherry-picked shots of someone being accosted are somewhat irrelevant.

No way this guy is an angry drunk...

supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-testifies-before-a-news-photo-1041964926-1538079626.jpg

180927-brett-kavanaugh-speaking-ew-325p_681bebce1cac5a67596a11a3d3f96d6c.fit-760w.jpg

Do all Republicans have to make cartoon villain faces? Is it, like, part of the deal?
Well they are cartoon villains

I almost feel like I owe Graham an apology for the shit I’ve given him for years, almost

Why are you talking about robots?

I just want to see an acceptable degree of professionalism.

And you don't think Kavanaugh can have that when he's in a fucking courtroom???

jesus f'n.....

@Rational Poster

It's often said that negative assertions cannot be disproven, because "we don't know what we don't know." If we asked you to prove conclusively that invisible pink unicorns don't exist, you would be unable to do so because (1) they're invisible, and (2) just because you've never seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. Likewise, you would be unable to conclusively prove that you've never raped anyone. After all, how do we know that you didn't do it?

That's why, in the real world, we have to weigh facts as they are known, in light of experience and common sense. And when 4 witnesses say they "have no recollection" of specific people, events, locations, times, and other facts that would corroborate a "victim" witness's testimony, experience tells us that the victim witness is wrong (whether she's lying or mistaken). In fact, that's effectively a shutout.

s-l300.jpg

I didn't mean to imply that because their lack of recollection means she was raped by Kavanaugh.

Only that their lack of recollection doesn't prove or disprove it. It's not conclusive evidence in either direction.

That certainly helps Kavanaugh of course, because the Republicans don't actually care either way about the truth here. They don't have time they need this seat now or it might slip through their fingers.

I almost feel like I owe Graham an apology for the shit I’ve given him for years, almost

Graham might be the best pure politician in Washington.

All of his moves are thought out and calculated and he knows how to manipulate both the base and his fellow Senators

Shapiro is the most savage political commentator on the planet.

And you don't think Kavanaugh can have that when he's in a fucking courtroom???

jesus f'n.....
I'm sure he is a good jurist, but he failed the optics test with the crying and he showed his temper.

It's likely he got rat fucked, but he I think he failed in his appearance

I found her to be pretty believable, though I'm skeptical about anyone's ability to tell based on watching. I thought she was most likely telling the truth going in, but with a high level of uncertainty. But I think it is indisputable that Kavanaugh told a few very obvious lies (specifically, the devil's triange, boffing, and the alumni thing), and thus that he has no credibility.

Graham might be the best pure politician in Washington.

All of his moves are thought out and calculated and he knows how to manipulate both the base and his fellow Senators
He’ll always be gramnesty to me

there's definitely some shenanigans going on

lol she's getting destroyed on twitter. She posted this stupid poll and people are replying asking about the envelope.

@kahiljabroni
Infantilization of women is a real thing, unfortunately.

Shapiro is the most savage political commentator on the planet.

If you like Shapiro (outside of his savageness) you should check out David French.

They are pretty similar on political opinions but French is more humane and not as crass (less Ann Coulter type takes)

Back