Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Is the confirmation vote still happening tomorrow?

I want Kavanaugh to be rejected by the Senate, but it's pretty obvious to me these charges are bullshit. There's zero evidence.

I didn't watch the hearing, I listened while I did a bunch of chores and errands. So just going by voice I found the Ford testimony to be absolutely bizarre. She is a 50 something year old PhD and yet she has the voice and speech pattern of a small child. What made it even more strange was that the committee was speaking to her like she was a small child.
I could certainly be wrong but my gut reaction is that the lady is mentally unstable and concocted this.

I can understand how some memories can get lost but I cannot fathom how she doesn't remember how she got home. If she had to walk an extreme distance then that would have been traumatic in itself. If someone drove her, then they would have witnessed her behavior after the alleged attack and could add credence to her story.

Also thought her answers were insane in general. When asked how she could be sure it was Brett, she gave some poor man's scientific explanation of how memory works....instead of saying something like, "because I looked right in his eyes and I'll never forget that look"

She seemed to use overly technical language when it wasn't needed. Then didn't know what the work exculpatory meant.

I might get flak for this but even if the event happened in don't believe it would hand the effects that she claims. She was never allegedly raped or penetrated and she acts as fragile as I would expect war machines ex to act immediately following her attempted murder. Granted she alleged horrible behaviors, but nothing that she break a person for life.

Honestly the only thing I found credible about her is her title of doctor. Take away her degrees and she sounds like a total loon. And that's with a complete soft ball round of questioning. If someone like gowdy went at her hard her story would fall to pieces
Maybe that’s how we all should have watched, by listening not watching

Good post

What helped Kav was the so-called witnesses for Ford(all of them) refuting her allegations.

Oh and Graham saved his ass today.

He even saved OUR asses today from boredom. I wish he was chairperson instead of Rip Van Winkle(Grassley).

was pretty entertaining without him, but he turned it into a once in a few decades senate hearing. The witnesses refuting helped a lot. Underrated, in terms of making her look bad, was her own testimony. Any time she was asked a concrete answer, she sounded timid as hell, unsure of herself, and wanted to move on.

Moreover, no emotional/visceral reaction, recounting the most traumatic experience of her life, giving her PTSD. No PTSD reaction the multiple times she ran into this "ill person" at safe way who sexually assaulted her and gave her PTSD. And he jovial, warm attitude, right after recounting her traumatic experience, as well as not remembering any tangible detail, which also contradticted her original statements.

The last half hour really seemed to snowball, in terms of momentum for Kavanagh and the republicans, picking apart the timeline of the allegations. Anyone who does not clearly see that movie is retarded. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of people in this thread who do not see that. How much more clearly does it have to be depicted?

Even the senators trying to cover their asses are like "well, we are busy and go through a lot of emails, letters, etc"... Yea, of course. But how many of those letters are you providing legal counsel for, pro bono, and making some of the most pandering statements ever during the hearing. And even if they didn't, what do they make of the other senators on the committee doing that? Against Ford's wishes.

Btw, people do retarded shit all the time for an ideology. This person lives in one of the most liberal bubbles in all of the world (Palo Alto). She has one of the more liberal professions on the planet, psychology. She is not even a true doctor with psychiatry, and drinks coca-cola.

No way this guy is an angry drunk...

supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-testifies-before-a-news-photo-1041964926-1538079626.jpg

180927-brett-kavanaugh-speaking-ew-325p_681bebce1cac5a67596a11a3d3f96d6c.fit-760w.jpg

Do all Republicans have to make cartoon villain faces? Is it, like, part of the deal?
He has liver issues

No way this guy is an angry drunk...

supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-testifies-before-a-news-photo-1041964926-1538079626.jpg

180927-brett-kavanaugh-speaking-ew-325p_681bebce1cac5a67596a11a3d3f96d6c.fit-760w.jpg

Do all Republicans have to make cartoon villain faces? Is it, like, part of the deal?

People accuse you of shit you didn't do. People are trolling your wife, and tarnishing your image in front of your kids.

How do you react?

It was really important that Alyssa Milano be there today though, because...

tenor.gif

The least she could've done is stand up during the hearing behind Kavanaugh, take off her top and bra and show us her fake tits or something....THAT would've made her more useful than her presence really was today. lol

I tend to lean towards her version of the truth. I don't see why she would put herself on the public stage like this otherwise.

There's not enough beer in the world to make me grope that. Can't say anything for Brett but goddamn

Picked her because Kavanaugh has lied a number of times, and I don't think Ford did (except about the scared of flying thing). Doesn't mean I automatically think Kavanaugh is lying about the assault.

it's about evidence. there is none.

People accuse you of shit you didn't do. People are trolling your wife, and tarnishing your image in front of your kids.

How do you react?
It depends.

Am I a nominee for the Supreme Court of the United States of America?

Kavanaugh gets the assumption of innocence, and my experience with psychology professors in university is that they all got a screw loose somewhere.

I don't think Kavanaugh should be on SC though, since he's too evasive with his answers even before this hearing. I'm also not a fan of his judicial opinions, but I can respect a judge for putting forward his political positions in an honest manner.

Back