• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Schaub's new comedy special You'd Be Surprised trailer

Everybody knows The Schaub is the hardest working guy in MMA currently with like ten different podcasts and other MMA content.
As if that weren't enough he also does standup comedy, selling out venues all across the US.

Showtime just dropped this little teaser from his new special You'd Be Surprised.

Can't fucking wait and I do think you'd be surprised.

I like Schaub as a person but that comedy special will be 50 minutes of frat boy jokes written by a metrosexual man child. I say this as a Fighter and the Kid fan and King and the Sting fan.

OnlyLawfulBlackfish-max-1mb.gif

lol that teaser was horrible.

Wait I mean Schaub SHUT DOWN THE COMEDY GAME.

Unfortunately it didn't land for me at all either.

In the right dosage I think Schaub is really funny, but this trailer was over produced and the jokes weren't great.

Good for The Schaub.

The Schaub is the Perfect American Dude for 2019. Hotter than any chick in Hollywood, dresses in latest fashions, not aggressive, open to alternative lifestyles, loves the military, can cook, can clean, and has skin that would make a 15-year-old girl jealous. Give me some of that!
You're on to something. I never liked him as a fighter and he was reasonably successful. I don't like him as a comedian and he is successful as well. He's very likeable but I just see him as a guy that everybody likes (including women). I feel like his favorite part of the ride for him is after wrestling practice in college when he was showering naked with the rest of the team.

Name them and show me numbers.
I'm not hating on Schaub here - he must be doing a lot of things right - but to name just one:

Tom Papa literally got offered a tv-show about baking because he depicted his love for baking bread and making other baking goods on a couple of JRE.

Plenty of other comic in that circle wouldn't be half as popular if it weren't for Rogan.
Again, I'm definitely not saying Schaub, or some others, are merely getting carried by Rogan, but Rogan's push/reach is pretty crazy.

he needs to fight again and get koed for our actual entertainment

UFC Discussion
Discuss UFC, former WEC, former Strikeforce and former Pride events here.

Please explain to me how this fits? This is not UFC. It has nothing to do with fighting at all. My reading comprehension is fine. I can’t help but wonder about those that see it differently.

giphy.gif

It says events, but we also discuss fighters here, and he is a former-UFC fighter.

Babalu isn't in UFC anymore either but there's threads about him now (and rightfully so). There's always threads about UFC fighters, current and former.

GSP is retired but there's threads about him daily.

I don't care about Schaub, or Rogan, but he did fight (and retire) in the UFC.

What numbers are you talking about?

Joey Diaz, Bert Kreischer, Tom Segura, Christina P, Ari Shaffir, Tom Papa, Tony Hinchcliffe, Bryan Callen, etc. Have all benefited from being Joe Rogan's friend. If you need numbers to see that then I dont know what to tell you. At least all of those guys were doing standup for years and years before getting a special. Schaub gamed the system so I give him props for that. The guy is constantly looking for ways to make a buck and piggy back off more talented people so good for him.

Just naming people who were on his podcast doesnt mean they benefited from it?? You actually have to show proof, like before they went on they had X number of subscribers and literally the next day they had Y, that would be tangible evidence that they benefited.

Your basically claiming that who ever Joe Rogan has on his podcast becomes insta famous and super successful which is about as dumb of a statement you could possibly make on the issue

It says events, but we also discuss fighters here, and he is a former-UFC fighter.

Babalu isn't in UFC anymore either but there's threads about him now (and rightfully so). There's always threads about UFC fighters, current and former.

GSP is retired but there's threads about him daily.

I don't care about Schaub, or Rogan, but he did fight (and retire) in the UFC.

Except this isnt fighting related, we dont have threads about babalu or GSP that isnt in some ways related to fighting.

Babalu's CTE is relevant to fighting.

GSP being discussed is the GOAT debate(even as a GSP fan there getting annoying) is related.

Brendan Shuab telling a joke unassociated with fighting is not.

I think he's a better comedian than he was a fighter. I don't think he's funny. Bring back Greg Giraldo and Patrice O'neal!

The 2 you mentionned are like beloved hof. Schaub is not at the same level for sure but he does ok, i d watch his special or part of it to make my final opinion.

Just naming people who were on his podcast doesnt mean they benefited from it?? You actually have to show proof, like before they went on they had X number of subscribers and literally the next day they had Y, that would be tangible evidence that they benefited.

Your basically claiming that who ever Joe Rogan has on his podcast becomes insta famous and super successful which is about as dumb of a statement you could possibly make on the issue

Proof ? You think its a fuckin trial or something. Chill ffs

Except this isnt fighting related, we dont have threads about babalu or GSP that isnt in some ways related to fighting.

Babalu's CTE is relevant to fighting.

GSP being discussed is the GOAT debate(even as a GSP fan there getting annoying) is related.

Brendan Shuab telling a joke unassociated with fighting is not.

For the most part, but no.

There's threads about all sorts of shit fighters do and say.

- Random tweets
- The attractiveness of fighters wives
- Who's got the best hair
- WMMA fighter shows ass in thong
- Aliens abducted me
- Trashing hotel rooms
- What they're doing in retirement (this is how it applies)
- Ex-Fighters doing WWE
- Commercials involving fighters
- What religion a fighter is
- What dictators fighters hang out
- How cool Fedors sweaters are (no arguments here)
- Hobbies (Nick Diaz doing triathalons and shit like that)
- MMA fighters doing BJJ tournaments or matches.

etc.

The opening lines where he's saying growing up his idols were always stand up comedians rather than athletes and this has been his dream forever is the biggest load of shit you're likely to hear all year

But I guess it sounds better than the reality of how he stumbled into being a comedian

Why hasn't anybody else taken advantage of it like The Schaub then?

He was on a couple of fight companions before he got his own podcast with Callen - now he has like 10 of them, all very successful. Can't play the Rogan card forever, bud.
That’s the new theme now at days if someone is successful is because some type of privilege or advantage never because of hard work

I don't mind Schaub but this seems a bit nuts to me, he is just reaping the words of working hard and making the right connections hats off to him but an overachiever if I ever saw it. I don't think he is a terrible stand up comedian but he isn't good either, just seems like a guy with a sense of humor trying to do stand up the fact that he has a special is too much. People should look at him as a source of inspiration because he isn't particularly talented, intelligent or witty but has somehow developed into a huge success.

Proof ? You think its a fuckin trial or something. Chill ffs

Damn your dumb.

In any debate format you are always required to provide your sources. This is a forum where people debate stuff ya goof.

He's been trying to make people since he was 7 and he still stinks? Gotta give it to him, despite having no talent the guy has managed to sell himself very well. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he made his way through some casting couches.

Him and Rogan are perfect for podcasting but I don’t see any humor in their stand-up.

Granted humor is completely relative, and I’m far from the most jovial dude, but Rogan is probably the least funny comedian I’ve ever seen. I feel like his jokes are very low brow, like frat boy grab each other’s ass kind of humor.

Schaub I’ve barely seen but so far not so good. He feels himself way too much, laughing at his own jokes.

I used to go to the Improv with the my ex all the time and the no name comedians were damn hilarious. The known guys were funny too, but I always impressed with the openers. Just my 2 cents.
Right on the button about Rogan and Schaub, and I would pick Schaub over Rogan anyday for standups. He seems to be trying different things, but nothing has really worked so far. He's going with the metro angle which fits very well in today's society. But I can't imagine people paying to watch his standup.

Back