The rules stink

GiganticMeat

Giganticus Meaticus, Shookologist, PhD
@Green
Reaction score
Valentina had zero meaningful offense that entire fight except an arm triangle in the third? Fourth? A few blocked and evaded headkicks if we're being generous.

Did Alexa win? No. Did Valentina "win"? It's more like she prevented her opponent from winning.

Control time victories? Fighters won't get worse at abusing this. MMA paint by numbers?

At least Alexa took no damage

Valentina had zero meaningful offense that entire fight except an arm triangle in the third? Fourth? A few blocked and evaded headkicks if we're being generous.

Did Alexa win? No. Did Valentina "win"? It's more like she prevented her opponent from winning.

Control time victories? Fighters won't get worse at abusing this. MMA paint by numbers?

Welcome to MMA.

yeah I bet you fight like a wounded lion, and this is no PRIDE, you work your gameplan with the rules given not with pride´s, boxing or wrestling, just deal with it and enjoy the weekend

lol you're fucking derranged, Valentina beat her standing, took her down, and beat her there too. What does she have to do to please you?

Last edited:
yeah I bet you fight like a wounded lion, and this is no PRIDE, you work your gameplan with the rules given not with pride´s, boxing or wrestling, just deal with it and enjoy the weekend
Well I never claimed Alexa won, PRIDE rules scoring or not. My complaint has to do with the rules. And yes maybe UFC could borrow some things from other orgs that make fights... Well, actually fights. Whole fight scoring... No more "playing" for rounds. Grounded knees to the head. So many things.

This is definitely a case of "hate the game, not the player"... Though obviously Val wins no bonus points in my mind for fighting like that. Neither did GSP/insert other cautious champ fighter.

I don't like WMMA, most of it is shit.

I do respect the fact that Valentina completely shut her down, on the feet and on the ground. That was so one sided, it was embarrassing.

Valentina fitched her way to victory. Ironic as a stand up fighter. Grasso has such a poor tdd that I hope someone else replaces both of them.

200w.gif

Back