The Ronda story is just sad - here is why..

KMaN21

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Its almost 24 hours after the fight and I have come to the conclusion that its all just sad.
Its sad, because people and the media really hyped Ronda up, to the point that even she believed everything that was said. You know, about her being "one in a million years" etc, She sincerely believed that. I recall watching an interview with her saying that she planned on becoming a world champion in boxing, and hearing that just makes me sad man. I used to feel like Ronda was very arrogant but in the end she is just a human like everyone else. Its just that the rest of the world built her up into something shes not, to the point that she actually sincerely believed them, and that to me is the ending to a very sad story.

Honestly guys, listen to the first 40 seconds starting here

And tell me this isnt genuinely sad.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, and I sympathize. However, many of us have dreams that may never become reality. It's part of life. At least she was an MMA and Olympic champion. That's pretty good.

Nunes nailed it when she said that it's Edmund screwing with her by telling her she can box. be a world champion in boxing? wtf is she thinking lol

I think that footage is not real. She hates media and doesn't want to spend her precious time on them so that is fake for sure. Ronda fans told me she never spoke to media ever, especially bad MMA media.

But good CGI, looks real...even has some emotions.

I know what you mean, and I sympathize. However, many of us have dreams that may never become reality. It's part of life. At least she was an MMA and Olympic champion. That's pretty good.

Thats true man, I just hope she realizes that.

It's as sad as the story of a man who only dreamt of growing into a dinosaur.

She has potential, however when you have edmund as a coach you pretty much believe you are a top boxer without being so.

if she had changed camps and found people who can really tell her: "leard wrestling, spar, you are doing this wrong" she could still beign champ but we'll never know because EVERYBODY around her were yes men.

Last edited:
It's the happiest sherdog has ever been.

Thousands of people being happy is more important than one spoiled millionaire brats self inflicted pity.

Nunes nailed it when she said that it's Edmund screwing with her by telling her she can box. be a world champion in boxing? wtf is she thinking lol
Shut up!

According to people and her mom, Ronda is highly intelligent. She wouldn't be that stupid!

It's the happiest sherdog has ever been.

Thousands of people being happy is more important than one spoiled millionaire brats self inflicted pity.

Thousands of people should know better than to feel happy about the demise of a single female who fell for the mirage that others built up for her.

Thousands of people should know better than to feel happy about the demise of a single female who fell for the mirage that others built up for her.
No. She acted horribly to nearly everyone, she deserves nothing.

And even if people should know better they still feel it it's a basic instinct.

Pretty good indeed.

<mma4>

Its almost 24 hours after the fight and I have come to the conclusion that its all just sad.
Its sad, because people and the media really hyped Ronda up, to the point that even she believed everything that was said. You know, about her being "one in a million years" etc, She sincerely believed that. I recall watching an interview with her saying that she planned on becoming a world champion in boxing, and hearing that just makes me sad man. I used to feel like Ronda was very arrogant but in the end she is just a human like everyone else. Its just that the rest of the world built her up into something shes not, to the point that she actually sincerely believed them, and that to me is the ending to a very sad story.

Honestly guys, listen to first 40 seconds starting here

true but it is her and her close people's responsibility to keep her grounded and they and she didn't.

she could have simply had a real camp built around her with world class mma fighters to beat her down and remind her she has holes in her game or join a big gym and get humbled and get better as a result and understand and embrace your weaknesses....she didn't do that.

her own ego and poor decision making has put her where she is.

definitely feel terrible for her but it's on her.

I don't feel sorry for her, she chose to live in a delusional bubble. Look at her training partners, the 4 horsewomen and how terrible they were. A champion doesn't surround themselves with mediocrity like that. A good fighter wants to get challenged in training and get beat up a little in sparring so you know how to handle it in a real fight. If she had pro boxers and top fighters in there sparring with her, she would never have talked about being a boxing champ, and she wouldn't have been so ill prepared for a decent striker like Nunes.

It's a tragic story of an Olympic medalist who made millions of dollars on about 4 years.

Tragic.

It's a tragic story of an Olympic medalist who made millions of dollars on about 4 years.

Tragic.

If you think money is everything in life and the solution for everything, sure you got a point.

Honestly guys, listen to the first 40 seconds starting here

Wow.

Just wow.

That is one seriously deluded woman.

Last edited:
At least she had the courage to speak it and dared to be great. Takes guts.

I wish Ronda nothing but the best in the future.

Not so sad if you got a lot of money in the bank..:)

Back