The Roadhouse 'Reboot' was just as good/better than the original - Change my mind

That smoking in bed sex scene probably got me addicted to smoking as a 10yr old kid, lol
Thank god i quit smoking in my 20's.
I think hot women who smoke turn me on to this day.

I just Googled Kelly Preston in Twins to get a reminder of how hot she was and got a random shot of her twins. What a win.

I thought it was ok. Fun movie and I liked the first half with some of the fights. I liked connor's character but I thought they transitioned the finale too much to being about connor while kind of losing track of the other bad guys in the film.

you are such a beautiful flower Senri

Thank you my delicious flesh. Remember to purchase Bronners soap and exfoliate nicely. Your skin wasn't as soft as I expected it to be the last time I visited you in your sleep. Try to lay more on your left side, the trapezius on your wonderful neck is beginning to stiffen up along with the splenius capitis on the right. I need the muscles soft and supple, The Nexus beckons you to be in prime form. Mr. Lead will join us in a few years...

The newspaper syndicated review gave it 3 stars.

Define "way over the top"?

This was one of the least aggressively diverse casted movies in quite a while. Yes, they had some minorities in some supporting roles. But it's a really weird thing to single out as a criticism.

Man, you could have swapped out any character with another race and it wouldn’t have had one effect on the movie.

You know I’m starting to think some folks just have a serious issue with darker skinned people

Man, you could have swapped out any character with another race and it wouldn’t have had one effect on the movie.

You know I’m starting to think some folks just have a serious issue with darker skinned people
I blame KFC for this.

They always asked if we preferred dark meat or light meat.

Define "way over the top"?

This was one of the least aggressively diverse casted movies in quite a while. Yes, they had some minorities in some supporting roles. But it's a really weird thing to single out as a criticism.

It's just painfully obvious when Hollywood is hyper focused on diversity over realism. Movie and TV show content these days is like a Gen Z woke circle jerk. Half of these characters look so unnatural in their roles these days.

The "gang" outside the gas station consisting of a white guy, a black guy and a Hispanic guy was pretty funny.

I spent some time on Zillow this morning. I looked up the properties next to "mile marker 77".

I suggest she sell the land to the developers, rather than keep the bar.

We watched and enjoyed it yesterday. Not quite on par with the original but has it's own charm. Needed a bit more polish imo but certainly not anything terrible or unwatchable.

Connor was rather amusing in his role and those purple pants got immediate comments from my lass. She enjoyed him an thought he was hilarious. She also wanted those purple pants.

I thought Jake did well but came across a bit too mopey...

<RomeroSalute>

I enjoyed it.

Love Jake, but he was miscast, or at least he missed. He didn't capture the simmering anger and depression the character was supposed to convey. The actor who shined the most was Billy Magnussen as the antagonist. He seems to be gold in pretty much everything I've ever seen him in.

The movie did well to keep its foot to the pedal because the script didn't make any sense at all. Why in the hell didn't the owner of The Road House want to sell? What was her motivation to avoid that huge payday and all this headache? Yes, I understand your uncle had to persevere to prevail as the owner of his own business in the Civil Rights era south, but the movie never connected the establishment itself to carrying any specific legacy of that political movement. It also didn't establish any feud-rooted resentment in the ancestry between her uncle and the antagonist's family. And I never understood why I was supposed to care about the "Glass Key". What made this stretch of beach sacred? What was sacrificed? What was stolen? If I'm supposed to hate some rich guy because he leverages drug money to build it up, to make a real change for the greater prosperity, uh, I don't. At least he's building.

Strangely, I found the thing I loved most about the movie was the cinematography. I didn't expect Liman to bring his Michael Mann game. I was never a painter, so I never noticed this or cared as much as kids with backgrounds in art, but it was impossible not to notice how Liman created a theme around blues, blacks, and yellows. The beach, the water, the lights against the canvas of the night. It was beautiful.

I don't think I will bother watching. I liked the first one, but I was about twelve when I watched it so it would have appealed to my childish mind. As an adult, I think it would bore me.

Back