The Roadhouse 'Reboot' was just as good/better than the original - Change my mind

Joe Mama

Tin Foil Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
With the 'reboot'/'reimagination' of the Roadhouse movie releasing today on Amazon streaming, I have been seeing a LOT of hate and disdain for it already.

I am merely 3/4 of the way through, and I must say - as a die hard fan of the original (I wore that VHS tape the fuck out) I too am a fan of this 'reboot' but for different reasons.

I think that any fan of the original Swayze pic can agree that it was cheesy as fuck man.
"Pain don't hurt" "We will be nice, until its time to not be nice"
Please let us (as predominantly fucking GenX grown ups) agree that the acting was on par with WWF (yes, going back that far) level acting. I loved the movie for its fantasy/pseudo reality based situations and the action packed violence. But make no mistake, if the likes of Jeff Whitley and Sam Elliott weren't in the original it would have been meh at best.

This 'reboot' isn't even supposed to remotely mimic the OG.

Sure there are similarities, but fuck man... You almost can't (or don't want to) touch or try to outcheese/act the likes of Pat, or the other mediocre actors in this film.

I think Jake Gyllenhaal is the equivalent to Sam Elliott in terms of star power, or at least acting proweress in this film.
Lean into the difference and fantasy of it and you too will like it.

Its not like the "Transformers" reboots from Micrap Bae.
Because Bumblebee was never a fucking Camaro.

Sorry but this remake is just another reminder of how remakes are dumbed down for newer generations.

1. No substance.
2. No character development
3. Bad music / terrible dialogue
4. Non Interesesting characters outside how McGregor looks no one’s noticeable.
5. Is this a comedy , action film or ? I don’t know there’s just awkwardness that it falls in spots and it’s like the weird kid in the room you scratch your head and say that doesnt actually make sense here . It’s so bad Dalton takes the guys to the hospital that try and hurt him and even kill him he’s still cracking jokes trying to save them .

This movie is not really going to be watchable many times if more then once it just lacks everything the original had , the most memorable thing most Will remember about this one is McGregors ass and you get more of that at the end so those who missed that during the credits don’t worry because that sums this movie up . Lol

This remake is so trash. Im about 20 mins in and it gets worse and worse.
The problem isn’t Conor, it’s just that the movie isn’t that great, Jake isn’t good as an action star.

Conor is in 1/4 of the movie, don’t see why anyone is blaming him.

The issue is that it feels extra contrived, no chemistry between any character, none, zero.

The problem isn’t Conor, it’s just that the movie isn’t that great, Jake isn’t good as an action star.

Conor is in 1/4 of the movie, don’t see why anyone is blaming him.

The issue is that it feels extra contrived, no chemistry between any character, none, zero.
I wasn't blaming Conor. They edited his voice weird though.

There's so much wrong with this movie Im not even gonna bother listing everything.

Back