The Roadhouse 'Reboot' was just as good/better than the original - Change my mind

You don't speak of someone with soft silky skin. You didn't moisturize for us Mr. Joe. It is okay, I am here to help you. I want you to be beautiful...
Let me guess, next thing you are going to tell me is to put the fucking lotion in the basket.

I ain't helping you move no couch man.

I enjoyed the reboot for what it was. Hate to admit it but Conor was actually entertaining.

Not much character development and ultimately it will be forgettable, but I enjoyed the 2 hours while watching it.

But then shortly after, I watched the original, which is also on prime, and I have to say the original is still better.

Are you paying attention? I love the original. Its one of my "Anywhere, anytime" movies. I've shown the movie to several people (always with a few beers, of course) and its hilarious fun every time.

But the movie is trash. It might be the best example of a movie that so perfectly finds that infinitesimally small "so bad it's good" space on the quality scale.

Honestly, you lost cred at the original had better fight scenes. I mean, really. I dont think you remember any of them. The Hill-Billy Death Claw was a nice touch but everything else is just like the rest of the movie.

If you had someone who had never seen either movie, and compared any fight scene from this movie to literally any fight scene from the original I'd wager close to 100% would say the remake. For Gods sake, man, the main villain pole vaults with a broken pool cue.
The first one didnt need to speed up the tape to make the choreography look believable. Remake did and did it a lot. You can see when they didnt do it cuz the strikea look incredibly slow.

A pole vault isnt a fight move.

Give me 1 cheese part from the first and I'll show you 3 in this one. The dialogue alone has me winning and that's compared to a movie that says "pain dont hurt."

New movie was better than expected.. but the Sam Elliot character in the original earns it the win.

The first one didnt need to speed up the tape to make the choreography look believable. Remake did and did it a lot. You can see when they didnt do it cuz the strikea look incredibly slow.

A pole vault isnt a fight move.

Give me 1 cheese part from the first and I'll show you 3 in this one. The dialogue alone has me winning and that's compared to a movie that says "pain dont hurt."
Dude, stop. Half the punches and strikes obviously missed the target by a mile.

The first movie is literally 90 minutes of cheese.

Youre reaching so far and I don't know why. "A pole vault isn't a fight move". What a weird thing to say.

Let me guess, next thing you are going to tell me is to put the fucking lotion in the basket.

I ain't helping you move no couch man.

You will know when I assist you in life Mr. Joe it's my existence to make it so...

this movie was a lot of fun. It felt like Conor just walked on set coked out and they started filming. It was fast and the furious mixed with deadpool humor. I didnt expect to like it as much as I did. I was expecting the MMA thing to be more of a plot device but it wasnt.

Back