• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Roadhouse 'Reboot' was just as good/better than the original - Change my mind

That was terrible.....Credit to Conor for playing a convincing lunatic.
Cant do it.

Honestly. If you told me a bad actor was playing as a lunatic, I'd think of conor in this.

I waited for him to show cuz the movie needed some fun and my oh my did that not work either.

Didnt hate it. Last Jedi is something I hated. This was just shit. Not insulting, just shit.

It’s not racism that’s what’s actually going on in Hollywood they are required to cast non Whites in at least one leading role in movies so now we just get more contrast over us by law just trying to enjoy movies ? Lol . It’s ridiculous ,that’s racist in itself ,we just can’t watch films without now being forcefully to purposely have something pushed on us take away more freedom of choices , great . Lol,

Don’t even start with the sexism,they’re literally talking about turning the new X Men movie into all Woman and that’s in turn to the above problem I addressed . Smh
So the other XMen movies with men will cease to exist? Why isn't there room for both? Let's forget that she's a brilliant actress in her own right regardless of her being black? What did you think of her in Shrinkage?

Watched the new Road House last night, its exactly what you expect it to be from the trailers, big and dumb with a bunch of ridiculous characters delivering cheesy lines during a nonstop rollercoaster of chaos filled with fights, broken, bones, bullets, explosions, boat races, chases and crashes as far as the eye can see!
Conor McGregor was so outrageously over the top with his portrayal of the main tough guy, it was basically the real Conor turned up to 11, that he stole the show in hilarious fashion
He spends a decent amount of screen time strutting around naked as a jay bird too so if you've ever wondered if he has nice cheeks I can definitely confirm hes got a firm looking bubble back there
Jake Gyllenhaal was basically doing a non mutant version of Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool with the way he was delivering his lines and ass whoopings, I very much appreciated he worked in a reference to the most well known line from the original movie
It was a goofy Saturday night Red Box action flick and I enjoyed it for what it was, far from a masterpiece but enjoyable if you just wanna set back and munch on some popcorn as body parts fly all around you

Bonus : They paid homage to Terry Funk, not a real spoiler but I'll tag it anyways

Jake Gyllenhaal gets stabbed by a guy in the audience as hes leaving the ring after his first fight in the movie, I know the ole Funker loved seeing that just for the memories lol

4.7 Thumbs Up Outta 7

I forgot to put this in my official review but the whole time Im watching it, Im thinking "This feels like a movie version of Far Cry 3"
I think thats one of the main reasons I enjoyed it so much because I love Far Cry 3

Gave it a 6.5/10, but that is being nice. Weird story line, but cool visuals. Probably cool to watch waiting in a lobby or passing time on an airplane.

It’s really gotten ridiculous . It’s not bad enough the movie just isn’t that much replay value , in the original there was a really good black actor and in action movies and he had like 10 seconds of screen time behind the bar as a bartender in the original Roadhouse, I forgot his name he was in The Thing and They Live the guy who fought Roddy Piper in that one scene and the original still ran circles around this remake . Lol

Keith David

One of my favourite actors EVER

I mean the dude is Spawn.

I found it very entertaining. The original is a cult classic. A so bad it's brilliant movie and hard to follow.
Very entertaining. Uh huh. You're never going to watch it again.

People who said the original is better is wearing rose coloured glasses. Both of these movies are popcorn flicks you watch once for shits and giggles.

Did any UFC WMMA fighters get nekkid?

People who said the original is better is wearing rose coloured glasses. Both of these movies are popcorn flicks you watch once for shits and giggles.
I watched the original a lot more than once. I had the VHS, DVD, Blu Ray, iOS digital, and watched on Showtime.

The original had the hot woman naked, the elite hero, the elite henchman, the big crime boss, the crime boss' hot ho, the old mentor. A huge part of the appeal was hot Kelly Lynch. Not sure if I'd rank it as high without her.

Back