The rise of Boxing in MMA and the demise of Jon Jones

Jeremy Williams, the greatest boxer to ever transition to MMA. Retired undefeated in MMA due to boredom from lack of challenge. He could have easily defeated anyone on the Pride or UFC roster at the time, he made Auggie Padeken look like he didn't even belong in the cage with him in his last fight.

57634.jpg

hmm learned something new today.

And some damn nice credentials.

This is the type of dude we need in MMA.

They are more exciting than the jack of all trades dudes.

If I want to see just boxing, I'll watch boxing not MMA. Let's see some more kicks, people. Please?

If I want to see just boxing, I'll watch boxing not MMA. Let's see some more kicks, people. Please?

I believe heavy kicking game plans will start to become more and more visible in mma. I thought wonderboy might lead the charge but we will have to wait.

All the bobbing and weaving

Lol are you trying to say Cody's bobbing and weaving didnt work against the greatest BW of all time?

Cody's boxing fundamentals are so well polished that Cruz's footwork was essentially negated. Any high level boxer i feel could do what Cody did to Cruz

I believe heavy kicking game plans will start to become more and more visible in mma. I thought wonderboy might lead the charge but we will have to wait.

We can only hope. It's going to evolve though, it has to.

These guys are training UFC, not boxing. Boxing doesn't work in a real fight. All the bobbing and weaving - what use is that against a flying inverted omoplata?
I remember those days. Don't forget the jab would never work in MMA.
Most of these high-profile fighters who lost this year had something in common: They either fought someone their own or larger size or they were outmatched with the hands.

Let's even go back to the Fall of 2013, when Jon Jones won by a hair against a superior boxer his size.

It's only a matter of time before Jones' relatively inferior hands get exposed by a large, fast, accurate, and powerful boxer.
gus%2B2.gif

Back