The Rise and Fall Of Johny Hendricks, What Happened?

I don't like throwing USADA around until a fighter fails a test, so I won't.

One obvious factor to me is his weight. The guy drains himself and still can't make 170. I would imagine that really sucks his energy and hampers his performance.

Plus, 2 wars with Lawler and getting knocked out by Wonderboy seems to have made him a bit gun shy. Not good when power punching is a big part of your game.

The reviews were so funny. This shit really must have gotten into his head.

haha this one made me lol

1. They were out of all seafood and most of the steaks. Only had a sirloin and a rib eye.
2. My wife order a salad. It was great if you're a fan of salads from a bag because that's exactly what it was.
3. My rib eye tasted like a steak I could have gotten at Denny's for $6.99. and the corn and green beans that came with it...
well if you're a fan of canned vegetables, you'd love the aluminum taste they had. God Awful! and then the nuked baked potato was warm
at best it wasn't hot enough to melt the butter nor the cheese on top.
4. My (bag) salad that came with the meal then arrived after my dinner.
5. The light fixtures had bugs falling on our table. All they are is hanging light bulbs.

I think it's pretty simple and obvious.
USADALogo.png

Know what I mean?

Honestly I think he had bicep surgery and he lost his punch after the surgery. I would also assume USADA, but he was declining before the rigorous testing.

What the hell happened to this guy?
He looked really good before USADA when he was ducking random testing during the GSP fight.

Not so good after random testing was forced on him.

Coincidence? Maybe. You decide.

What's crazy is he actually improved his striking ten fold from his early days up to the second Lawler fight. He just stopped wrestling.

I still thought he won the second Lawler fight.

Fighters found a way to not get hit by that big left hand. It also helps (or hurts if you're a fan of him) that he said screw it to all the other tools he developed in the process.

Honestly I think he had bicep surgery and he lost his punch after the surgery. I would also assume USADA, but he was declining before the rigorous testing.
After the surgery when he looked the exact same against Lawler the 2nd time and many thought he won?

Yup, USADA it would seem for the most part, but it'd be foolish not to say that having them 5 round splits with GSP & Robbie, followed by getting murked by Wonderboy have a roll to play too. Honorable mention to his diet and drastic weight cuts with what would seem to be "not proper prep" time etc on it.

i think the close losses/robberies really took a lot out of his motivation/confidence.

I think so too. The dude got robbed in 3 straight title shots. The overeating and USADA didn't help matters either.

IV ban is the most obvious one.

The guy literally kills himself to make weight and to have IV re-hydration taken away from him how can you expect him to athletically perform at a high level the very next day,

I bet on fights and the USADA thing is changing who is good and who is not. Holly Holm got away with it when she fought in Australia, not here in the states. Pettis, Holm, Hendricks, RDA, the list will continue

You can't be serious.

Dude fought like a wrecking machine even after USADA.

smh

The IV ban still confuses me. They say it takes a few days to fully rehydrate the brain and an IV only helps that doesn't it? Why ban something that is not actually performance enhancing but is actually beneficial to fighter health?

Got the belt and was satisfied, happens a lot in pro sports when guys get a huge contract. Google Albert Haynesworth, probably the biggest waste of talent/money in the history of the NFL and he was a beast prior

Got a couple of lucky punches in, then food.

Back