The Reason Why Watchers Of The Original UFC Don't Care Much About Lighter Weight Classes

I buy almost exclusively UFC PPVs with either a heavyweight or light heavyweight main event. Maybe that's because when I started watching The UFC the objective wasn't to be the best for your size. The objective was simply to be the best. To me that's a more meaningful objective for a sport - to simply be the best there is.

They were all fat cunts tho

because back then LW was the final chapter there was no FW or BW crap. And the bushido cards in Japan and the bj penn era in the states kept LW fun

Cavemen were the most physically dominant era of human evolution.
Brock%2BLesnar%2BWallpaper1.jpg

Webster Man

I have been watching the UFC since the UFC 1. I like all weight classes except HW. I can't stand that division. My favorites are FW, LW, and WW. 185 and 205 are a lot of fun too.
No you haven't and no you don't.

Most fans weren't watching back at UFC 1. If they watched it was after the fact. People have preferences and this could be one of hundreds of reasons why some prefer hw.

id like to think someone with an account 5 years older than mine would have a better understanding and appreciation for the sport...
hqg-487.gif

I have been watching the UFC since the UFC 1. I like all weight classes except HW. I can't stand that division. My favorites are FW, LW, and WW. 185 and 205 are a lot of fun too.

Why is that? Serious question
Sloppy and gassed fighters?

(150-155) (170-175) (190-195) (210-215) (230-235) (230+) should be the only weightclasses in the UFC in my opinion

As in the weightclass limits are within a 5 pound margin

I enjoy Mighty Mouse's fights

Perhaps you aren't watching them properly

original_529456_vy5zgeuydjbs4puzjxvlxmxtg.png

I just don't think we should exploit these Dwarfs

full.jpg
C'mon man! Mighty Mouse is P4P greatest of all time. He fights the best competition. You aren't a real fan if you don't like watching these combatants. Go watch Brock Lesnar, Overeem, and Werdum, and I'll watch Mighty Mouse fight Benavidez for the 9th time.

I buy almost exclusively UFC PPVs with either a heavyweight or light heavyweight main event. Maybe that's because when I started watching The UFC the objective wasn't to be the best for your size. The objective was simply to be the best. To me that's a more meaningful objective for a sport - to simply be the best there is.

Yep. "Best" is a lot more important and compelling than "best out of a group of people with the same handicap*"

* handicap in the golf sense, not in the physically disabled sense

HW/LHW are not even close to the division with the best fighters. If you actually watched the first UFCs you would realize that a WW fighter won.

Yes, a small guy won the first couple, because he mastered a style no one else knew. And it was fascinating to watch David topple Goliath with that special knowledge.
However, you're out of your mind if you think that would still happen today and an openweight tourney wouldn't be thoroughly dominated by HW/LHW.
They are the best fighters and other weights have their own special divisions, because they can't compete.

I'm a watcher of the "original" ufc and I don't agree with your poorly thought up blanket statement , most likely so do a lot of other people.

Short people are so salty that watching proper sized men fight is better

Small fighters are basically the 2016 Ghostbusters cast of athletes

C'mon man! Mighty Mouse is P4P greatest of all time. He fights the best competition. You aren't a real fan if you don't like watching these combatants. Go watch Brock Lesnar, Overeem, and Werdum, and I'll watch Mighty Mouse fight Benavidez for the 9th time.
Or you can tune in to Cain fight JDS for the 16th time.

Short people are so salty that watching proper sized men fight is better

Small fighters are basically the 2016 Ghostbusters cast of athletes

"Proper sized men" lol. MMA fanbase is definitely the most mouth breathing community I've ever seen.

2 of the The biggest draws in MMA to date are a 135lb woman and a 145lb man.

I'm entertained by all weight classes . A bad fight is a bad fight, I've seen it in HW and women's straw weight

Last edited:
Hey what's so wrong with op only wanting to watch big muscled men with big bulges.. Thinking about those huge arms wrapped tightly around my neck, his body behind mine.. I can see his quad muscles tense up as they squeeze my torso.. I may tap, but honestly I'd rather fall asleep in his arms. Some like to feel dominated, others like to dominate..

It's okay op we all think this way even when u were two years old when UFC 1 happened

Below 145 doesnt do it for me, save Cruz.
I get what TS means but id rather see lws compete with each other or with Welters than seing them murdered by Hws.

I will, next time I run into the fat cunt.

Are you talking about Mark Hunt? 5' 10" Mark Hunt that weighs 265 after cutting weight? Or do you mean 6 foot 3 inch 260 pound Dan Severn who doesn't need to cut weight? Severn's civilized enough he'd probably just shake his head in disgust. if you tell Hunt that, let us know exactly how it went with a post from the hospital after you get out of the intensive care unit. He's not ;;ike Severn. He's got no manners, no sense of decency, is a former meth head, has a vocabulary you;d expect from a prison convict, and is mentally unstable as shown by his recent statements to his employers - comments which are too obscene to print here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back