The Reason Why Watchers Of The Original UFC Don't Care Much About Lighter Weight Classes

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I buy almost exclusively UFC PPVs with either a heavyweight or light heavyweight main event. Maybe that's because when I started watching The UFC the objective wasn't to be the best for your size. The objective was simply to be the best. To me that's a more meaningful objective for a sport - to simply be the best there is.

I just don't think we should exploit these Dwarfs

full.jpg

You dont like watching guys like Cruz, Aldo or Mcgregor? Where does "lighter weight classes" start for you?

This whole technical little guy domination thing is a bit over progressive.

REAL men like to see Giants that rely more of physical strength, punching power, and gas after 2 rounds. I also think evolution, and the advancement of technology is weakening the human species. Cavemen were the most physically dominant era of human evolution.

Remember when vernon tiger white said he wasn't worried about chucks punching power because he spars with Ken shamrock? This makes as much sense as that did. Teehee

Bc they are fucking boring. It's like watching two spidermonkeys fight. Tons of movement and nothing else.

I have been watching the UFC since the UFC 1. I like all weight classes except HW. I can't stand that division. My favorites are FW, LW, and WW. 185 and 205 are a lot of fun too.

HW/LHW are not even close to the division with the best fighters. If you actually watched the first UFCs you would realize that a WW fighter won. The Big guys always draw the intrigue of the masses but it doesn't make you a cool hipster MMA fan.

Simple people like seeing KO massive destruction style not sure why I believe it is just in our DNA.

155 is the best division. They are technical, fast, knock each other the fuck out, and they don't gas.

I just like watching fights, doesn't really matter the weight. Any of the weight classes can have great fights on a given night and any of them can have "snoozers". Though my favorite to watch are probably the medium weight classes (WW, MW). LW is always fun too.

I just don't think we should exploit these Dwarfs

full.jpg
dude u whore urself out for like so much , you see a thread and automatically google image for likes, is this all u got going for urself? lol... some of the pics are funny but you eve nput in your motto likes received 1000000000.. u should try getting some money instead

HW/LHW are not even close to the division with the best fighters. If you actually watched the first UFCs you would realize that a WW fighter won. The Big guys always draw the intrigue of the masses but it doesn't make you a cool hipster MMA fan.

As far as I know there is no prize for being a "cool hipster fan" so what should I care about trying to be one? The point is that the sport originally started with the objective being to be the best. Now it's about being the best for your size. I think the objective of simply being the best to be more meaningful.

They've added so many rules along with rounds and an ever increasing number of weight divisions and all it does is water down the essence of what it should be about - being the best fighter in a sport that resembles an actual no holds barred fight as closely as possible.

A WW fighter did not win UFC 1 because there was no welterweight division in UFC 1. Royce Gracie was a fighter willing to take on fighters of any size. Welterweights are only willing to fight men who weigh 170 or less. UFC 4 had Royce facing 260 pound Dan Severn in the final. That made it great - the fighters in The original UFC were willing to compete against fighters of any size. Men didn't hide behind weight classes then.

Last edited:
The talent is in the 155 division. That's what a normal man in good shape and maybe running a little bit of gear falls into. All these midget weight classes have practically no talent. 135 and 125 have NOBODY fighting in them.

The talent is in the 155 division. That's what a normal man in good shape and maybe running a little bit of gear falls into. All these midget weight classes have practically no talent. 135 and 125 have NOBODY fighting in them.

Same with LHW and HW. Tiny divisions compared to 145, 155 and 170.

Plus LHW and HW are athletic leftovers from the big money sports. At least at 135 those little bastards are athletic as fuck, since almost nobody who's 5'6" is getting a contract with the Patriots, Yankees or Manchester United even if they're super-gifted athletically.

Even in soccer the average player is 5'11"-6'0".

"Toughest guy at the bar" has limited appeal.

dude u whore urself out for like so much , you see a thread and automatically google image for likes, is this all u got going for urself? lol... some of the pics are funny but you eve nput in your motto likes received 1000000000.. u should try getting some money instead

lol wut :) you're such a cutie.

They must of missed a 145'er in Penn choking out Matt Hughes that rag dolled pretty big guys.
I would think older MMA fans would know that it can happen more often than "there is a reason there is weight classes" crowd thinks.

I also think evolution, and the advancement of technology is weakening the human species. Cavemen were the most physically dominant era of human evolution.
Evolution doesn't really work that way. We're still the same species as 100.000 years ago at least. But tech really did weaken humans, especially health care and hygiene. Doctors working in sub-saharan Africa report that adults there are much healthier. It's probably because their weak die young. In the west, we've had generations of weak unhealthy people making it to breeding age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back