• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The reason why Jones won’t lose is because the UFC gave him a green light...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
To do whatever he pleases. So here is Dana meeting with the Herb and Jones: So Herb Jon might use eye pokes please let him at least get 3 good ones in before a warning and never ever take a point, or I won’t give u that bounce. After that, Dana tells the PEDS testing crew: hey guys If Jones tested positive for anything, anything, make sure to find a weird excuse or you won’t get that bounce money. Then Dana heads to the judges: you guys this guy is one of my golden geese so you better give him every decision close or not that’s only if you want that bounce money. Then Dana tells Jones: you brother, try to micro dose or something because I can’t keep covering for you though everything else keep doing like if you want you can run away like you did against that loser Rampage. There is no shame as long as you keep on winning.Jones, you are my golden goose and I got your back but don’t ask me for 30 millions because the bosses get mad okay buddy?
Please tell me I’m wrong?

b1ed1a56f9169962f646444432fe15e5.jpg

So
To do whatever he pleases. So here is Dana meeting with the Herb and Jones: So Herb Jon might use eye pokes please let him at least get 3 good ones in before a warning and never ever take a point, or I won’t give u that bounce. After that, Dana tells the PEDS testing crew: hey guys If Jones tested positive for anything, anything, make sure to find a weird excuse or you won’t get that bounce money. Then Dana heads to the judges: you guys this guy is one of my golden geese so you better give him every decision close or not that’s only if you want that bounce money. Then Dana tells Jones: you brother, try to micro dose or something because I can’t keep covering for you though everything else keep doing like if you want you can run away like you did against that loser Rampage. There is no shame as long as you keep on winning.Jones, you are my golden goose and I got your back but don’t ask me for 30 millions because the bosses get mad okay buddy?
Please tell me I’m wrong?
if that’s the case why hasn’t he fought in years

i am pretty sure the ufc is over jon jones. he has caused the company so much embarrassment just in the last couple years, and that’s not even counting the stunts he was pulling in the 2010’s. he’s up there promoted as “the greatest fighter of all time,” and what does he do? gets busted for peds, repeatedly. drives drunk. shoots his mouth off at police. shoots his gun in public. smacks the shit out of his wife. insults the management. it never ends. so instead of basking in the glow of promoting their greatest fighter, the ufc is stuck cleaning up his messes. maybe they’d be happier about it if jon were a mega star like conor, but he’s not. the damage has already been done. he ruined what should have been the best mma career ever.

so no, i don’t think they really care whether jones loses or wins. they might prefer him over stipe just based on name recognition, but that’s it. if stipe beats jones, i expect they’ll happily give him a huge push, maybe even give him a trilogy with nggano (it would be hard to deny he’s earned that opportunity).

This post isn't the bottom of the barrel. That would b insulting to barrels. Get help wow

If Jones was a PPV cashcow, I’d get your point, but he’s not, so no.
So then why is he getting the big money to fight if he is not? Either he has something on Dana and the UFC or snitching something big or big draw, take your pick brother

i am pretty sure the ufc is over jon jones. he has caused the company so much embarrassment just in the last couple years, and that’s not even counting the stunts he was pulling in the 2010’s. he’s up there promoted as “the greatest fighter of all time,” and what does he do? gets busted for peds, repeatedly. drives drunk. shoots his mouth off at police. shoots his gun in public. smacks the shit out of his wife. insults the management. it never ends. so instead of basking in the glow of promoting their greatest fighter, the ufc is stuck cleaning up his messes. maybe they’d be happier about it if jon were a mega star like conor, but he’s not. the damage has already been done. he ruined what should have been the best mma career ever.

so no, i don’t think they really care whether jones loses or wins. they might prefer him over stipe just based on name recognition, but that’s it. if stipe beats jones, i expect they’ll happily give him a huge push, maybe even give him a trilogy with nggano (it would be hard to deny he’s earned that opportunity).
Your logic doesn’t make sense. So why didn’t they fire him then which actually sets an example and propell the UFC as a serious company

He’s getting nowhere near the 20 mill he asked for.

So then why is he getting the big money to fight if he is not? Either he has something on Dana and the UFC or snitching something big or big draw, take your pick brother

Your logic doesn’t make sense. So why didn’t they fire him then which actually sets an example and propell the UFC as a serious company
because hes known as the best mma fighter out there, possibly ever, and the ufc is known as the best mma org. that’s why they haven’t parted ways with him, in spite of his horrendously bad behavior. he’s not worthless as an investment, just vastly underperforming. he still caused a lot of headaches for the ufc. if jones had played his cards right, he could have made both himself and the ufc hundreds of millions of dollars more. he now seems to be entering the final stretch of his career, with not much upside.

so the question, from the ufcs standpoint, is how important is an investment in jon jones? if he wins all his fights at hw, how much does it benefit the ufc, relative to, for example, someone like nggano? the answer is probably not much. the idea that ufc needs (or even wants) jones to win is kinda baseless. i think they’d rather see jones get knocked out by a future star, so they can transfer whatever star power jones has into that new fighter. if jones wins all his fights at hw and retires with the belt, it’s good for jones’s legacy but ufc’s investment just kinda disappears. so basically no, the ufc wouldn’t rig anything to help jones at this point.

Back