The reason why Jones can beat any fighter on this planet from LHW to HW.

One thing is for sure though Werdum would find it very easy to submit Jones if that fight hit the ground. A lanky guy like that that he is a lot stronger than would be a gift wrapped submission for Werdum.

[YT]gneZEtT8_8M[/YT] still more koes than werdum without counting this with werdum at 1 ko smh

He knocked out Mark Hunt and Braga, and he TKO'd Gonzaga twice, Vera and Russow.

He's also one of the best grapplers in the world.

He knocked out Mark Hunt and Braga, and he TKO'd Gonzaga twice, Vera and Russow.

He's also one of the best grapplers in the world.

you mean he tko them 1 ko to braga whoo and what's your point he beats jones cause he beat vera and RUSSOW lol dude go to bed

Surely the better rebuke would be to include all the .gifs of Bone-Crusher Jones flattening his opponents with single, fight-winning shots.

...Oh, right.

No rebuke needed on my part. I'm not the one claiming one of their striking is vastly superior to the other. It's all about how they'd match up anyhow. Werdum's clinch is most effective when he has a height advantage and it'd reasonably be less effective against a great clinch fighter(I'd put Jones clinch above anyone Werdum's faced tbh).

There's more to striking than just KO power, even in the HW division. The Cain fight is a much better display of Werdum's improved striking despite not getting the KO imo.

No rebuke needed on my part. I'm not the one claiming one of their striking is vastly superior to the other. It's all about how they'd match up anyhow. Werdum's clinch is most effective when he has a height advantage and it'd reasonably be less effective against a great clinch fighter(I'd put Jones clinch above anyone Werdum's faced tbh).

There's more to striking than just KO power, even in the HW division. The Cain fight is a much better display of Werdum's improved striking despite not getting the KO imo.

lets not forget jones has more kos and tko's than werdum and speed more than any slow slow heavyweight that werdum has faced in past

I always favoured him to smash cain,he would have more chance of getting clipped against a jds type though

anyone over like 6'3" and 240 gives this guy issues. his clinch leverage evaporates as does a large portion of his reach. seriously wtf? does anyone really think he clinches with browne? rothwell? struve? stipe? JDS? overeem? jones has a superb fight iq and incredible genetics gifts but those tools work at lhw. i just cant see these wars of attrition that he drags fighters into working at hw. he might have some sucess if matched against the right fighters but i'm guessing most drop him with ease

It's pretty simple, IMO.

He can fight moving backwards well enough to deal with the bigger HWs, and his clinch game is the best I've seen in all of MMA.

And the knees to the body from the clinch to me are easily one of the most stamina sapping moves in MMA. Also, he has some of the most versatile body attacks in mma.

And his chin is God tier.

With his body composition, he's almost a cheat code to the game. He has the perfect physique for fighting, and his style.

Jones could beat them all, he has the ability, but I also feel there was sufficient evidence in the Gus & Cormier fights to suggest that he could also lose some fights with the best guys too.

Fabricio Werdum & Cain Velasquez both beat Jon more often than not IMO. Junior dos Santos, Stipe Miocic & a Cormier rematch are all difficult fights for him.

He beats everyone else with relative ease, including Weidman, Gus, Rumble, and the rest of the heavys.

TS is an idiot Jones cant beat heavyweights hence why he cuts weight to avoid them

you mean he tko them 1 ko to braga whoo and what's your point he beats jones cause he beat vera and RUSSOW lol dude go to bed

Yeah, I did mean TKO, that's why I said... TKO. If you want to be an asshole learn to read first.

I can't see anyone able to beat Jon Jones. He got amazing fight IQ, timing, and range. His wrestling is top notch and very strong and athletic. He will go down in history as the greatest of all time.

He might be able to fight while moving backwards, but there isn't anything he'll be able to do when a bigger guy like Cain has him pressed up against the cage using their weight.

Hallway Mir would push his shit up

Werdum can fight while moving backwards as well. Werdum's hands and knees are better than Jones and i dont know if Jones would dare to wrestle him. Tough fight for MR Bones Jones.

Problem being Jones 6+" reach advantage. Fabracio better be circling back carefully if he doesn't press forward on Jones.

I would think exactly opposite, and Fabracio would try to clinch and work to use his weight advantage.

Again this is a HUGE question mark. How exactly does Jon move up to HW?

If he is looking to do it permanently, he 'may' not be on the lighter end of the weight class.

Both his brothers weigh in excess of 265 during NFL season. Bones could theoretically come in a Reem like 250+ ripped. Hell Stephen Struve has a reach disadvantage on jon.

Both his brothers weigh in excess of 265 during NFL season. Bones could theoretically come in a Reem like 250+ ripped. Hell Stephen Struve has a reach disadvantage on jon.

I think he meant something along the lines of anybody whose physical gifts (reach) is not completely dwarfed by Jones will give him issues.

Disregard the thumbs down, my tablet is retarded.

His wrestling base also makes him tough to take down and gives him an insight to body positioning to control his opponent. Add in his reach and the dude is a freak. Hope he gets his life together.

If Jones can beat anyone why doesnt he fight at heavyweight where he belongs. Doubt if they ever bring the criminal back he would step up and fight there.

Back