The reason why Jones can beat any fighter on this planet from LHW to HW.

TdotK

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's pretty simple, IMO.

He can fight moving backwards well enough to deal with the bigger HWs, and his clinch game is the best I've seen in all of MMA.

And the knees to the body from the clinch to me are easily one of the most stamina sapping moves in MMA. Also, he has some of the most versatile body attacks in mma.

And his chin is God tier.

With his body composition, he's almost a cheat code to the game. He has the perfect physique for fighting, and his style.

It's pretty simple, IMO.

He can fight moving backwards well enough to deal with the bigger HWs, and his clinch game is the best I've seen in all of MMA.

And the knees to the body from the clinch to me are easily one of the most stamina sapping moves in MMA. Also, he has some of the most versatile body attacks in mma.

With his body composition, he's almost a cheat code to the game. He has the perfect physique for fighting, and his style.

agree jones is goat cant wait for his return already :icon_sad:

I think Werdum fucks him up.

It's pretty simple, IMO.

I don't know that he beats every HW at all and won't know that until he moves up, but something people don't like talking about relative to Jones is how much LHW sucks.

On the way up Jones smashed a lot of names, which many appreciated, but Rampage, Shogun etc. were clearly past it when they fought Jones, but Jones was 23 at the time.

Even today, the youngest, brightest prospect at that weight is 32 years old and hasn't faced the elite tier yet (Ovince St. Preux).

His size and physicality are obviously big advantages and he's really skilled, but hard not to acknowledge the age gap that allows him to appear miles ahead of his contemporaries.

can you explain why and how ?

Werdum can fight while moving backwards as well. Werdum's hands and knees are better than Jones and i dont know if Jones would dare to wrestle him. Tough fight for MR Bones Jones.

When has Jon ever had to fight while moving backwards? When Gus was tagging him, he wasn't fighting back at all. Just covering up...poorly. However, until proven otherwise, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Roughly the same size, stronger.

Jones loves the clinch but to bad Werdum hits like a truck inside of it. Jones is going to be in for a long night once Werdum starts popping off clinch strikes.

Don't get me wrong, Jones clinch is godlike but he is used to dropping his weight on smaller men to use it and weave,parry,isolate to open up his strikes. But Werdum is the same size and Jones won't be able to hover his weight on top of Werdum.

Also, there is going to be a constant struggle for Jones to maintain dominate positions in the clinch. This was not present in many of Jones past fights due to his wrestling threat. Werdum isn't afraid to hit the mat, he prefers it.

Werdum is eventually going to start cracking Jones with those knees and long long shots.

Also the sad part is. Jones absolute best part of his striking is his kicks. Once again Werdum has fast and extremely powerful kicks something Jones cannot dish out on the frequent.

Jones boxing, the weakest part of his game. Werdum hits harder here, throws more frequently, mixes it up pretty well. Adding on top of the DAMAGE he produces in every strike, No fear of the takedown, and his Thai Clinch.

I feel like the only way Jones can win this fight if he constantly fights on the back foot while taking limited damage from Werdum. Not a style I'v ever seen Jones commit too as well as doing it against a guy the same size as him.

becuase werdum is a better fighter. werdum kicks to body in the standup, his clinch is wicked good, and his ground game off his back is the best in the business. also the size is neutral if jones blows up. i'd be suprised if joesn can hurt him on th feet. not only werdum but barnett would ruin jones at heavy.

He's a very skilled fighter, with good height and reach. A decent chin and good stamina. I'm sure he could beat just about every fighter in the world.

But the size difference between somebody like Rashad/Belfort and somebody like Overeem/Werdum is notable

But the strength difference between somebody like Shogun/Machida and somebody like Cain/Rothwell is staggering.

The punching power difference between somebody like Gus/Sonnen and somebody like Dos Santos/Arlovski is astronomical

Jones COULD beat a lot of people at HW, but I think his loss of size and strength and his lack of punching power would lead to some challenges, I think Werdum/JDS/Overeem/Stripe/Browne would be hard matches for him.

Werdum can fight while moving backwards as well. Werdum's hands and knees are better than Jones and i dont know if Jones would dare to wrestle him. Tough fight for MR Bones Jones.

i dont know that his hands and knees are better that just assumptions at this point lol it is a tough fight but i think jones can grind him out jones should have the speed advantage big time

becuase werdum is a better fighter. werdum kicks to body in the standup, his clinch is wicked good, and his ground game off his back is the best in the business. also the size is neutral if jones blows up. i'd be suprised if joesn can hurt him on th feet. not only werdum but barnett would ruin jones at heavy.

werdum is better fighter than jones barnett would ruin jones need to lay of the philly weed bro

i dont know that his hands and knees are better that just assumptions at this point lol it is a tough fight but i think jones can grind him out jones should have the speed advantage big time

Jones has awful hands.

Werdum has more power and throws more frequently with a bit better technique.

Werdum knees are extremely damaging strikes, while Jones are not.

At theyr best

Fedor
Cain
JDS
CC
Ubereem (but on juice)
AA
Hunt
Werdum
Bigfoot (but "his best" is TRT)

Are favourite over him, the first 5 in particular fuck him up, even if one of them with juice

Jones has awful hands.

Werdum has more power and throws more frequently with a bit better technique.

Werdum knees are extremely damaging strikes, while Jones are not.

oh come on jones hands are not awful that's ridiculous let jones knee you and than we can say how much damage his knees won't do smh

oh come on jones hands are not awful that's ridiculous let jones knee you and than we can say how much damage his knees won't do smh

Werdum would give you brain damage if he kneed you full force.

They're awful enough that he rarely ever uses them.

Werdum would give you brain damage if he kneed you full force.

so would jones smh
Jon-Jones-Flying-Knee-Paul-Abell.jpg
Jon-Jones-Knee-Strike.jpg
doesnt look to damaging to me jones would be 50 times faster than werdum

Back