The real reason some of you hate Masvidal

No one gave a fuck about Masvidal until the Cowboy fight, then all of a sudden he had a huge bandwagon fanbase, then they stopped giving a fuck for another 2 years when he dropped two in a row, and now they're doing the same thing again until the next time he loses.

eh?

The reason I'm on the Jorge train is cause he's always been a fighter with a super high talent level who's lost winnable fights in weird ways and seemed to coast through rounds a lot.

It's starting to look like he's bringing it on a consistent basis.
Me too.

But I posit that there is a backlash. And it ain't because of guys like me and you.

I don't root for him because he's a terrible role model. The quote where he said he had to go after Edwards because he didn't want his kids to see his dad get embarrassed show how classless he is. I feel bad for his children.

Anyone looking to a cage fighter as a role model period probably has a sad existence

Look elsewhere imo

People are a fan of his b/c he fought before the UFC was big and before there was big money in fighting. He obviously made a small name off of fighting someone from Kimbo's backyard boxing crew. So he's been around a long time and I think people like to see guys like that get rewarded for putting in all that time.

The real reason some of you root against him, hate him, call him lucky knee/punch, gets beat by Askren 9/10 times, ghetto thug, classless for throwing extra punches, 2-2 in his last 4, is a journeyman, his kids aren’t going to college, etc etc.

Every reason you can think of is deeply rooted to this here interview:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ink-he-might-be-even-a-little-racist.3980991/

Edit: Removed Spoiler tags so all could see this quote lol

I can’t think of any other reason not to be excited that someone with some spectacular knockouts of recent has had a resurgence and is finally getting recognition for a no-nonsense all action type fighter that is also very humble.
The criticism is coming from the fact he's be9mg hyped as top 3 WW when in reality, he's on a two fight win streak against unproven opposition.

I like George, I just think it's important to put his actual performances in perspective and not focus on the hype when appraising him as a fighter.

The real reason some of you root against him, hate him, call him lucky knee/punch, gets beat by Askren 9/10 times, ghetto thug, classless for throwing extra punches, 2-2 in his last 4, is a journeyman, his kids aren’t going to college, etc etc.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ink-he-might-be-even-a-little-racist.3980991/

I can’t think of any other reason not to be excited that someone with some spectacular knockouts of recent has had a resurgence and is finally getting recognition for a no-nonsense all action type fighter that is also very humble.
When you're upset and unable to merge threads

With mas’s record?

I dunno. I think mas has a lot of hype around him rn
He does, he also has people saying "The BMF belt is really for the dumbest fighter in UFC." Mas has a lot of love, hate, but mostly noobs who scoff at his potential and have no idea how good he's always been.

Nobody hates him. They just don't think he would beat Usman or Colby. One awesome knee does not mean he has a solution to wrestlers. Now two awesome knees...

I don't root for him because he's a terrible role model. The quote where he said he had to go after Edwards because he didn't want his kids to see his dad get embarrassed show how classless he is. I feel bad for his children.

He's a great role model taking care of two bullies like Askren, and Edward's. And also showing praise for respectful and game fighters like Darren Till. Masvidal seems like a great role model.

I don't like him because I hate sore winners. Check my post history. My most hated fighters are people like Michael Bisping, Tito Ortiz, the Diazes, and Masvidal joined that list in July (so I must be "racist" against British people too, eh TS?)

Losing is hard. But I simply can't respect someone (especially in a combat sport) who can't win with grace.

Pre-fight antics are what they are. This is prize-fighting, and it's a fact that without said antics before a fight the prize that these guys are fighting for would be a lot smaller.

I dislike Tank Abbott just as much as I do Masvidal, btw.

He does, he also has people saying "The BMF belt is really for the dumbest fighter in UFC." Mas has a lot of love, hate, but mostly noobs who scoff at his potential and have no idea how good he's always been.
He’s a good fighter

Unfortunately his resume was pretty shit up until these last two wins. And so i can understand why some people are hesitant with him

Nobody gets more worked up than white folks when racism is even just mentioned <Lmaoo>
giphy.gif

I liked him alot before. I watched his bareknuckle fights in the street. You gotta be a tough dude to do that. His fight kj noons was spectacular. I rooted for him heavy against maia. I remember later that he was doin a reality show and wasnt that focused on fighting at the moment and also about social media and its effect on mental issues and i thought that was cool,this dude is an interesting cat.

Then when he came back against till there was alot of media on him,with his new look and both guys sort of cut from a similar cloth i was intrigued by the matchup. Everything after that kf course has been on a metoric upward trajectory,and some people ( lets call them Losers) dont like it. It proves some pre concieved notions wrong and rather than accept Street Jesus as their personal MMA lord and savior they are just hating in the background.

I found out about Jorge Masvidal in his fight against Ray, and the second fight with Ray. I have loved him ever since.

Of course you don’t get it lol, you’re Canadian

I don't see what my nationality has to do with it. I know so many assholes up here it's not even funny. But when I see truly classless behaviour it does offend my sensibilities. So maybe you're on to something, I dunno. Does this mean my status with you has been upgraded from racist to "snowflake" or "bitch-made Canadian" or something?

LOL
get off his nuts, kid.

He was irrelevant up until now.
Stop acting like he was amazing before these two fights.

You yourself recognize the fact this is a resurgence. Evidence points out that he will climb back down to obscurity that marked his career.

You are just too excitable. One loss and you are hanging at the next guy's nuts calling people who are not as fickle as you are "haters".

I don't think anyone really hate this guy. He is simply irrelevant until he proves he can stay at the top.

haha.gif
you seem like the kind of guy who would get his ass kicked by CM Punk.

Back