The real reason some of you hate Masvidal

LOL
get off his nuts, kid.

He was irrelevant up until now.
Stop acting like he was amazing before these two fights.

You yourself recognize the fact this is a resurgence. Evidence points out that he will climb back down to obscurity that marked his career.

You are just too excitable. One loss and you are hanging at the next guy's nuts calling people who are not as fickle as you are "haters".

I don't think anyone really hate this guy. He is simply irrelevant until he proves he can stay at the top.

Whether he lost or won doesn’t matter to me, the fact that he’s even winning these high profile fights and people are still hating him for the sole reason that stems from that interviews days a lot about you pink boy.

I don't see what my nationality has to do with it. I know so many assholes up here it's not even funny. But when I see truly classless behaviour it does offend my sensibilities. So maybe you're on to something, I dunno. Does this mean my status with you has been upgraded from racist to "snowflake" or "bitch-made Canadian" or something?

I’m not gonna say anything bad to you, but I think most people are oblivious to what it’s like being a minority. That’s why you don’t understand the build up to the Askren/Masvidal fight and why Masvidal disliking him shouldn’t be ignored.

huh. who has been hating on maz? i haven't seen it. and i've been active on here for a month or so.

Ha, TS race baiting again. We all know Blacks are P4P undisputed champions of racism. And still....

LOL
get off his nuts, kid.

He was irrelevant up until now.
Stop acting like he was amazing before these two fights.

You yourself recognize the fact this is a resurgence. Evidence points out that he will climb back down to obscurity that marked his career.

You are just too excitable. One loss and you are hanging at the next guy's nuts calling people who are not as fickle as you are "haters".

I don't think anyone really hate this guy. He is simply irrelevant until he proves he can stay at the top.
Masvidal runs the ufc.

Jorge is white, but white people who don't root for him are racists?

If I'm rooting for the black guy he sucker punched over him, am I still racist or is he the racist?

Anyone looking to a cage fighter as a role model period probably has a sad existence

Look elsewhere imo

Everyone should hold themselves to a high standard regardless of how they pay their bills, especially when you're teaching your kids how to handle basic confrontations. Absolving people of personal responsibility and common sense with how to handle emotions based on their life choices is a cop out and a flawed mentality. You may not think he's influencing others but the schools that hire him for public speaking do.

Whether he lost or won doesn’t matter to me, the fact that he’s even winning these high profile fights and people are still hating him for the sole reason that stems from that interviews days a lot about you pink boy.

I’m not gonna say anything bad to you, but I think most people are oblivious to what it’s like being a minority. That’s why you don’t understand the build up to the Askren/Masvidal fight and why Masvidal disliking him shouldn’t be ignored.

That's an interesting take, and you're probably on to something. I grew up in a racially homogeneous place, so it's factually true that I don't know what it's like being a minority. Therefore I don't empathize with Masvidal in the same way it seems you do.

Where I think your OP went errant though is claiming that racism must be the only reason people don't like Masvidal. I hope you can see what's wrong with that claim. My most hated fighter list aren't all minorities, but they are all people who have handled wins like classless children.

And Bisping is the worst offender on my list and consequently the one I hate the most. I was really hoping Jorge would put him in his place when they were "beefing".

That's an interesting take, and you're probably on to something. I grew up in a racially homogeneous place, so it's factually true that I don't know what it's like being a minority. Therefore I don't empathize with Masvidal in the same way it seems you do.

Where I think your OP went errant though is claiming that racism must be the only reason people don't like Masvidal. I hope you can see what's wrong with that claim. My most hated fighter list aren't all minorities, but they are all people who have handled wins like classless children.

And Bisping is the worst offender on my list and consequently the one I hate the most. I was really hoping Jorge would put him in his place when they were "beefing".

How exactly is Masvidal classless? Did he act classless against Till? Did he act classless against anybody he beat? Name one example.

And then here comes big mouth Askren who comes in trolling and disrespecting and hints a bit of racism (whether you get it or not, if you’re white your opinion is invalid), and he keeps on pushing Jorge’s buttons and in the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping, he finally gets his hands on a guy who won’t shut his mouth and your upset at the way he acted in victory?

You clearly are disregarding the shit that Askren has been saying to Jorge as if Jorge’s point holds no weight. And that’s why you just don’t get it, you’re obviously not racist, like most white people are NOT racist but there are some serious undertones that get ignored.

With all due respect. In that thread I posted, the first comment got 222 likes disregarding what Jorge was claiming and that’s why this thread exists.

Last edited:
Jorge is probably like 92% European...

What a silly argument.

People like Masvidal I think

The nut hugging is getting annoying but I don't think there are a lot of people who don't like Jorge, a veteran of the game who's finally seemed to put his skillset together and who deserves some credit for making himself into a needle mover and a draw in the later stages of his career

Also, calling him a journeyman who is 2-2 in his last 4 isn't hating, it's just reality. Both of those things are true. It shouldn't take away from what he's accomplished recently but it is important to recognize how he got here, and that while his last two performances were awesome, he isn't some unbeatable destroyer. If he hadn't gone through his period of dropping split decisions and not maximizing his potential, his current rise wouldn't be as impressive

If Askren had kneed Jorge in the face in 2 seconds and KO'd Till like nothing Askren would be a God around here.

Is there any denying that?

Till still has fans FFS. Because he's white. (If not, please list just one other reason, scour the deepest, darkest recesses of your minds and give me one sound, logical reason that clown still has fans).

I assume you're referring to the fact that Till seems to be a good-for-nothing outside the octagon. Yet, he still has fans. And your rationale is that is true because he's white.

There are plenty of guys with questionable character that have fans, and I'm not seeing a racial trend:

Rampage Jackson comes across as a total jackass. He was in a questionable car wreck. He's generally a jerk. People seem to love him.
Jon Jones has fans. More than one. Explain that?
BJ Penn seems to get a pass at every turn.
Conor is a complete jackwagon. But he has fans.
No one has every seemed too bothered that Gustafson was, at least at one time, a street fighter guilty of assaulting someone.
Aleks Emelianiko was pretty much known to be in the Russian mob. Fans galore.
Then Diaz brothers are troublemakers, rabblerousers, often try to start fights away from the ring . . .and lots of people love them.
Ronda Rousey came across as a bully and a mean girl. People loved her. Joanna had a similar vibe.
Ever read Hughes book?
Pat Smith even had fans.

Seems to cross race, gender, national origin, type of "bad" activity. Truth is, people seem to pretty much care only about what goes on in the ring. So a generally decent citizen like Kaleb Starnes is derided for his behavior in his fight with Nate at UFC 83. But Conor comes to the ring to cheers because he puts on a good show in the ring while punching old guys in bars.

Back