The Pope & Russian Orthodox Church give statement against gay marriage.

I am an atheist or agnostic, with roman catholic heritage. As I am lucky for living now, and not a hundred or more years ago, I dont mind christianity at all. And have never been molested by a priest.
Thanks to extreme lefties nonsense, wich I think is palpable everywhere, I am becoming more sympathetic to my cultural baggage. In fact, I am thinking about having an epiphany, just to fuck the current trend.
Anyway, those two old fucks should worry more about islam and their role helping the poor and less about gays...

Bukowski you do think that religious people are brainwashed though. I don't post on these forums often but I do remember you being quite the foul militant atheist. Judging from your manners It seems my memory was correct.
Look, I'll talk to you... but you need to let me know you understand simple logic first. Explain to me why I'm right in my post (This is a simple thing) and we'll talk. Otherwise, I have nothing to debate with you about.

I just pray to god that russia never is never taken over by militant atheists again or christians will have more to worry about than the perversion of marriage. The atheist bolsheviks killed millions of people who didnt agree with their awful materialistic athiest ideology. Im happy russia came back to its senses.

Putin disagrees. He believes the collapse was the greatest catastrophe of the 20th century. He's looking to rebuild it. The difference is he's willing to use the Orthodox church as a mouthpiece and legitimator instead of marginalizing it.

The church has been very clear that marriage is between a man and a woman. I do not see the problem with that. It is one thing for the state to recognize gay marriage and quite another to force that definition onto a religious institution. Nobody is forcing gays to go to church.

Wait a minute, I thought this Pope was an agent of the devil and was gonna make all the christians get gay married?

I dunno what to believe anymore!

i'm so confused too!

This craazzy pope can't keep up with him. I'm expecting a retraction soon.

i'm a catholic and i was all on the pope bandwagon. then i read his statements on gay marriage (he made comments about it when he had his US visit so this isn't news to me) i was reminded he's still got a lot of religious induced intolerance in him.

dunno why but i keep hearing jack nicholson in mars attacks in my head when i think of the pope. like "2/3 of the pope is still working, and that ain't bad."

you're a catholic and you're talking about 'religious induced intolerance'.

what exactly does being a catholic mean to you?

you're a catholic and you're talking about 'religious induced intolerance'.

what exactly does being a catholic mean to you?

nothing really. after the pedophilia scandal i'm left pretty disgusted by the entire concept of organized religion. then i see all the anti gay and abortion dogma from religious groups here in the US and it's all very nauseating to me.

but my family still practices so i still have to go to mass on easter and christmas. and i do have an admiration for the pope in many respects. but i'm not so stupid as to think i need to be a team player for an institution that is unjust on so many issues.

Read what I just said and what the person I responded to said again... Then read it again. Please repeat until you get that simple concept through your head.

And yes, if someone doesn't understand that concept, then they are completely brainwashed. Not being allowed to discriminate against others based on your religion is NOT a violation of your religious rights. Please get that through your skull.

Thanks,

Everyone.

We get it, your brother like wang and you are soooooo progressive. You seem like such a miserable human, always attacking people on here to make up for your own life failings. How's that love of your life doing? Probably getting pounded by a real man that knows how to treat her. Your smarmy, psuedo-intellectual garbage should be called out for what it is. You think you're better and smarter than everybody else, but you really are just an insecure punk.

We get it, your brother like wang and you are soooooo progressive. You seem like such a miserable human, always attacking people on here to make up for your own life failings. How's that love of your life doing? Probably getting pounded by a real man that knows how to treat her. Your smarmy, psuedo-intellectual garbage should be called out for what it is. You think you're better and smarter than everybody else, but you really are just an insecure punk.
lol. That's pretty good, but you wont get a bite from me... Explain that you can understand the very simple concept I've laid forth and we can go from there or go sit and spin. Then read a book...

lol. That's pretty good, but you wont get a bite from me... Explain that you can understand the very simple concept I've laid forth and we can go from there or go sit and spin. Then read a book...

Lol this has nothing to do with concepts or books, I just wanted to let you know how much I despise you as a human and as a poster. Mission accomplished. Go have another drink.

Lol this has nothing to do with concepts or books, I just wanted to let you know how much I despise you as a human and as a poster. Mission accomplished. Go have another drink.
Please don't talk about books as if you've ever read one. And thanks for letting me know how much I get under your skin... Really warms my heart ;)

i'm a catholic

Really? you don't sound like it.

nothing really. after the pedophilia scandal i'm left pretty disgusted by the entire concept of organized religion. then i see all the anti gay and abortion dogma from religious groups here in the US and it's all very nauseating to me.

but my family still practices so i still have to go to mass on easter and christmas. and i do have an admiration for the pope in many respects. but i'm not so stupid as to think i need to be a team player for an institution that is unjust on so many issues.

Ah, so you're nominally Catholic. That makes more sense.

You religious people really need to get over the gay marriage thing. Letting two people sign a paper that lets them share assets is not oppressing you or limiting your religious freedom.

Go bless some more guns that will be used to kill Ukrainians, Kirill.

Religion is dumb, I agree.... HOWEVER, it has a life preserving phenomena among cultures. The west is dying out because women aren't having enough babies. The East is pumping them out and will be biologically successful. We, with our gay obsessions, are doomed.

I think from the religious perspective it has more to do with the sanctity of marriage as a basis for family and having children. Base framework for society to be built upon. Ideals within society affect how societies construct themselves.

Messing with the foundation potentially leading to downstream problems.

That's my take on that perspective, anyways.

Exactamundo

What I gathered from his first post, was his critique of the Pope. Is he not a Catholic because of this?

Your baiting is getting a lot worse. Your earlier stuff was far more entertaining.

Back