The Pope & Russian Orthodox Church give statement against gay marriage.

uppercutbus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/02/1...ment-against-gay-marriage/?platform=hootsuite

. . .Pope Francis and Kirill are “concerned” about Christians being “confronted by restrictions to religious freedom”.

Secular societies are next on the list, saying that Christians face “outright discrimination”, and that they are faced by an “often very aggressive secularist society”.

The pair urge European Christians to be more outspoken about their faith. In a similar vein to many statements made by the churches, the “family” was high on the agenda.

The Pope and the Patriarch are apparently worried that the “biblical tradition, of paternity and maternity as the distinct vocation of man and woman in marriage is being banished from the public conscience.”

Patriarch Kirill in 2013 condemned the advance of marriage equality in the West, calling it a symptom of the apocalypse. The Russian Orthodox Church has been a key supporter of Russia’s anti-gay law, and Patriarch Kirill maintained the Church’s view that homosexuality is a sin.

I'm just thinking about all those back in 2015 - "best pope", "love this guy", +like on facebook. rof. People forget that he is still the pope, the head of the Catholic church and not a crusader for Librul ideology. These people, easily fooled, pinning their hopes on "progress" from a religious leader just cos he said "be nice to each other" once.

42Uw0vm.gif

Wait a minute, I thought this Pope was an agent of the devil and was gonna make all the christians get gay married?

I dunno what to believe anymore!

To be fair, he is in Russia. Support the gays and you get the polonium-210 salad.

You religious people really need to get over the gay marriage thing. Letting two people sign a paper that lets them share assets is not oppressing you or limiting your religious freedom.

Go bless some more guns that will be used to kill Ukrainians, Kirill.

I love how the new acid test for acceptable to liberals is whether you think the state ought to recognize some legal rights for the rare set of :eek::eek::eek:s who settle down together.

Allowing gays to get married isnt discriminating against christians you stupid old douchbags

I think from the religious perspective it has more to do with the sanctity of marriage as a basis for family and having children. Base framework for society to be built upon. Ideals within society affect how societies construct themselves.

Messing with the foundation potentially leading to downstream problems.

That's my take on that perspective, anyways.

Patriarch Kirill is the scum of the earth. Fuck that asshole. Hate his stupid guts.

Useless, vile, criminal sellout. The face of Russia's religious idiocy.

I just pray to god that russia never is never taken over by militant atheists again or christians will have more to worry about than the perversion of marriage. The atheist bolsheviks killed millions of people who didnt agree with their awful materialistic athiest ideology. Im happy russia came back to its senses.

False prophet, yada yada.

Secularism is a good thing IMO. The United States was founded upon it.

False prophet, yada yada.

Secularism is a good thing IMO. The United States was founded upon it.
Secular governments and outright athiest dictatorships have killed hundreds of millions of people though. Thats not a good thing.

Patriarch Kirill is the scum of the earth. Fuck that asshole. Hate his stupid guts.

Useless, vile, criminal sellout. The face of Russia's religious idiocy.

Wow, Patriarch Kirill is actually the guy's name? Initially I thought you were talking about some subject of the God Emperor from Warhammer.

I just pray to god that russia never is never taken over by militant atheists again or christians will have more to worry about than the perversion of marriage. The atheist bolsheviks killed millions of people who didnt agree with their awful materialistic athiest ideology. Im happy russia came back to its senses.

Might be something to this. Every time I see people screeching "Religion is where all the world's problems come from! If only we eliminate religion, we'll all get along!" Then I look at the one time an atheist government got a hold of power on a significant scale on the global stage and I think "Yep, I think humanity is the problem not religion..."

In response to the OP... People actually believed that the head of the Catholic church didn't think like this? Oh yeah, they did. Bloody nutballs.

Secular governments and outright athiest dictatorships have killed hundreds of millions of people though. Thats not a good thing.
No, of course that isn't a good thing. But the US isn't a religious government, nor should it be - and I think, relatively speaking, we've done alright in the killing of millions part.

No, of course that isn't a good thing. But the US isn't a religious government, nor should it be - and I think, relatively speaking, we've done alright in the killing of millions part.

I agree with you. Jesus was never for the merging of religion and state.

State ideology can become like a religion in many ways. Marxism/Leninism being the state religion in old Russia

It's creeping into Western countries now as well.

i'm a catholic and i was all on the pope bandwagon. then i read his statements on gay marriage (he made comments about it when he had his US visit so this isn't news to me) i was reminded he's still got a lot of religious induced intolerance in him.

dunno why but i keep hearing jack nicholson in mars attacks in my head when i think of the pope. like "2/3 of the pope is still working, and that ain't bad."

You religious people really need to get over the gay marriage thing. Letting two people sign a paper that lets them share assets is not oppressing you or limiting your religious freedom.

Go bless some more guns that will be used to kill Ukrainians, Kirill.
I will never understand this. People that are so brainwashed by Christianity that they honestly and totally believe that other people exercising their rights is a violation of THEIR freedom!? lol, gtfo...

But at the same time, I want them to focus on things like this. Because I want everyone to know what these idiots are all about... I love it when idiots like Carson are given a mic and allowed to go on about their belief system. There is no better advertisement for Liberals and Atheists than something like that.

I will never understand this. People that are so brainwashed by Christianity that they honestly and totally believe that other people exercising their rights is a violation of THEIR freedom!? lol, gtfo...

But at the same time, I want them to focus on things like this. Because I want everyone to know what these idiots are all about... I love it when idiots like Carson are given a mic and allowed to go on about their belief system. There is no better advertisement for Liberals and Atheists than something like that.

Just because somebody doesn't share the same beliefs as you doesnt mean that that person is brainwashed bukowski. Only a militant atheist extremist would think that.

Just because somebody doesn't share the same beliefs as you doesnt mean that that person is brainwashed bukowski. Only a militant atheist extremist would think that.
Read what I just said and what the person I responded to said again... Then read it again. Please repeat until you get that simple concept through your head.

And yes, if someone doesn't understand that concept, then they are completely brainwashed. Not being allowed to discriminate against others based on your religion is NOT a violation of your religious rights. Please get that through your skull.

Thanks,

Everyone.

Read what I just said and what the person I responded to said again... Then read it again. Please repeat until you get that simple concept through your head.

And yes, if someone doesn't understand that concept, then they are completely brainwashed. Not being allowed to discriminate against others based on your religion is NOT a violation of your religious rights. Please get that through your skull.

Thanks,

Everyone.
Bukowski you do think that religious people are brainwashed though. I don't post on these forums often but I do remember you being quite the foul militant atheist. Judging from your manners It seems my memory was correct.

Back