The Pope & Russian Orthodox Church give statement against gay marriage.

Religion is dumb, I agree.... HOWEVER, it has a life preserving phenomena among cultures. The west is dying out because women aren't having enough babies. The East is pumping them out and will be biologically successful. We, with our gay obsessions, are doomed.

You shouldn't blame the gays for low birthrates in the west. You should blame straight folk like me, who simply just don't want kids. There are thousands of gay couples out there, that will bring more kids into the world than the zero I will.

While I'm not very educated on the subject of what the pope does, I'm happy to learn that he finally does a PR appearance in which he can be actually identified as having a Christian stance.

I dunno, I think it's beneficial to let homosexual couples marry. They spend more, pay more taxes, and get to lose income in divorces just like straight people do. If you don't let them marry or adopt, they end up sitting on all this money and just start buying real estate. Next thing you know you have NYC.

I don't understand why they wanna be in the same system that's sucking the life out of heterosexual men, but that's their error.

nothing really. after the pedophilia scandal i'm left pretty disgusted by the entire concept of organized religion. then i see all the anti gay and abortion dogma from religious groups here in the US and it's all very nauseating to me.

but my family still practices so i still have to go to mass on easter and christmas. and i do have an admiration for the pope in many respects. but i'm not so stupid as to think i need to be a team player for an institution that is unjust on so many issues.

I do not think you are being reasonable here. Every institution from Government to Education is plagued with corruption. Do you think we should discard all organizations because they suffer from corruption?

separation of church and state... so quite frankly the churches opinion on what marriage should and shouldn't be means nothing to me.

Religion is dumb, I agree.... HOWEVER, it has a life preserving phenomena among cultures. The west is dying out because women aren't having enough babies. The East is pumping them out and will be biologically successful. We, with our gay obsessions, are doomed.
Do you think its due to gay people that we aren't having kids or is it excessive taxation and the struggle to maintain certain standards of living that are preventing us from doing so.

I do not think you are being reasonable here. Every institution from Government to Education is plagued with corruption. Do you think we should discard all organizations because they suffer from corruption?

no, but you have to admit that a scandal involving the cover up and deliberate concealment of pedophilia criminals within an institution amounts to more than just corruption. that's a seriously evil thing to do. it's not like a cardinal was caught stealing money or banging hookers - there was a systemic cover up of evil that went up to the highest authorities within the church.

also, the church is held to a higher standard than a government institution b/c it's taking the morality high ground. people go to this institution for moral and spiritual guidance, so it's particularly evil when they betray that trust deliberately. these men claim to speak for God Almighty

of course, i don't fault anyone for still being a catholic. i think for most people the concept of spirituality transcends institutional failures. but there's no way i personally will step foot in a church again of my own volition.

as it is, i have a very hard time going with my family twice a year on holidays. i have older family that are very devoutly catholic but basically pretend like the whole pedophilia thing didn't happen. and i'd rather have two awkward hours on my end than have a blowout argument. not really worth the drama.

Back